Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-23-2012   #101
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Same ole sorry Kubiak

Looking at a series or two and using that as proof we need a new coach is insane in my book. First of all it sounds like he did have pass plays called in a couple of those situations and they had to audible into a run. You just cant know all the reasoning behind every call.

But the bigger picture you have to look at is that play calling is just a small part of what a coach has to do. He has to manage every aspect of the team get the right players into the right positions to excell. He has to put the other coaches in positions to suceed. He has to help pick the players to play on the team. Keep those players motivated and inspired. Deal with the media. No when to have walk throughs all week during the week instead of normal practices. There are to many different aspects to even list.

Gary is doing all that and winning. The last two weeks he hasn't even had that great defense to help his team out but somehow he just keeps on winning. He had injuries to deal with but he still somehow keeps them playing hard and winning. He doesn't even use most of the high draft picks on his offense. He usually lets the defense get all the goodies on draft day. Yet he takes these mid rounders and leftovers from other teams and somehow has one of the top offenses in the league. And, they keep winning. Do you see a common denominator I'm getting at. This team is winning. My vote is to keep our 10 and 1 coach. I like our chances.
Old 11-23-2012   #102
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Looking at a series or two and using that as proof we need a new coach is insane in my book. First of all it sounds like he did have pass plays called in a couple of those situations and they had to audible into a run. You just cant know all the reasoning behind every call.

But the bigger picture you have to look at is that play calling is just a small part of what a coach has to do. He has to manage every aspect of the team get the right players into the right positions to excell. He has to put the other coaches in positions to suceed. He has to help pick the players to play on the team. Keep those players motivated and inspired. Deal with the media. No when to have walk throughs all week during the week instead of normal practices. There are to many different aspects to even list.

Gary is doing all that and winning. The last two weeks he hasn't even had that great defense to help his team out but somehow he just keeps on winning. He had injuries to deal with but he still somehow keeps them playing hard and winning. He doesn't even use most of the high draft picks on his offense. He usually lets the defense get all the goodies on draft day. Yet he takes these mid rounders and leftovers from other teams and somehow has one of the top offenses in the league. And, they keep winning. Do you see a common denominator I'm getting at. This team is winning. My vote is to keep our 10 and 1 coach. I like our chances.
Somebody rep this guy for me.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #103
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I got him for us.
Old 11-23-2012   #104
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I look at it like this: Some people made up their minds a long time ago that they hated Kubiak as their head coach. They don't like they way he calls players "kids", they don't like the way he doesn't watch field goals, they don't like when he makes conservative play-calls, they don't like when he makes risky play-calls, they don't like how he manages the clock, they don't like the way he organizes his plays on his play sheet, they don't like the way he does his hair, etc., etc.

It's not going to matter if we win, it's not going to matter if we make it to the AFC championship game, it's not going to matter if we win a Super Bowl. They don't like him and they want someone else to be our coach.

I like Kubiak. And I like winning.

All I can do is think, "How would I feel if Rex Ryan was our coach and we were winning?" It would be hard for me to get behind him and root for him to win because I just don't like him. I hope I'd find a way but I know I'd have him on a short leash and at the first hint of trouble, I'd be bitchin.

So now, guys like Texecutioner are grasping at straws even in victories. If we had lost this game, I'm sure we would have seen a total meltdown of several members of this board even though we would have been 9-2.

I just hope we keep winning but Wade's got to figure out what's wrong with our defense and fix it. I want a Super Bowl.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #105
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
done, and well earned
Old 11-23-2012   #106
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
they don't like the way he doesn't watch field goals.
If you had Shayne Graham kicking your field goals, especially from ~50 .... would you be watching ???

I cant even watch them and my job doesnt hinge upon them.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #107
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I got him for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
done, and well earned
I got him too.
Old 11-23-2012   #108
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 447 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post

Well said. Bravo.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #109
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Old 11-23-2012   #110
wtp
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 wtp is a quality contributor and well respectedwtp is a quality contributor and well respectedwtp is a quality contributor and well respectedwtp is a quality contributor and well respectedwtp is a quality contributor and well respectedwtp is a quality contributor and well respectedwtp is a quality contributor and well respectedwtp is a quality contributor and well respectedwtp is a quality contributor and well respectedwtp is a quality contributor and well respectedwtp is a quality contributor and well respected

You really don't know what you're talking about. The only example you gave about him being a bad coach was the kick on third down. The last couple of running plays on 3rd and short yardage were for losses. Throwing it could cause a game ending turnover. The field goal wasn't that far; definitely doable for Graham.

Gary's known for being an excellent play caller. You can see this by how dynamically our offense plays. Whatever our opponents defense requires us to do, we can do. Whether it be through passing or running or any mix.

Compare him to the lions coach. He caused gave us a touchdown, 15 yards, and, they spent a timeout.
wtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #111
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I see these threads and I can't help thinking about how a large percentage of the NFL has more legitimate grips about their head coach.

Maybe some here should try walking in other fan's shoes for a week or so and see how that feels.

Utah and Pencil nailed it and saved me a lot of typing. I do think you can add in that some diehard Longhorn fans can't get over the fact that he is an Aggie.
Old 11-23-2012   #112
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I see these threads and I can't help thinking about how a large percentage of the NFL has more legitimate grips about their head coach.

Maybe some here should try walking in other fan's shoes for a week or so and see how that feels.

Utah and Pencil nailed it and saved me a lot of typing. I do think you can add in that some diehard Longhorn fans can't get over the fact that he is an Aggie.
Exactly MSR, or I'd have given ya some here.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #113
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Gah!

I hate waking up today thinking where this team's record could be with a decent head coach.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #114
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Gah!

I hate waking up today thinking where this team's record could be with a decent head coach.

Now that's just damn funny. + rep.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #115
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post

Old 11-23-2012   #116
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is ridiculous...typical of the poster though.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #117
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 114917 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

When the Texans weren't winning all we ever heard from you jackholes was how it didn't matter if they played well and lost. "You are what your record says you are."

Suddenly we're getting the wins and now it doesn't matter if we win the game, they have to look not just good but damn near perfect doing it.

We need a forum subsection where whiners can go and cut themselves in a dark corner like little emo kids. Nobody else wants to see it.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #118
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
LMAO. This is Kubiak's new low-key system for looking away from fieldgoals.
He used to bend over and squint his eyes. Now, he has designated a coach to
give him a signal for "good" or "no good."

This change definitely shows his growth as head coach. Honestly, I'm happy Kubiak
has a team of coaches (not just Wade) who allow his attributes to turn into wins.
Old 11-23-2012   #119
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
LMAO. This is Kubiak's new low-key system for looking away from fieldgoals.
He used to bend over and squint his eyes. Now, he has designated a coach to
give him a signal for "good" or "no good."

This change definitely shows his growth as head coach. Honestly, I'm happy Kubiak
has a team of coaches (not just Wade) who allow his attributes to turn into wins.
What i can't for the life of me understand to this day is...why does it bother people on this board so much that the guy doesn't look at crucial fg's? I mean, how does that action harm the team in any way shape or form?

If anything it shows that the guy is so wrapped up in winning that it just kills him to potentially see a missed game winning fg. Other than that, its just a quirky little thing he does. Get over it already folks.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #120
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99520 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you had Shayne Graham kicking your field goals, especially from ~50 .... would you be watching ???
Yes .. by watching kicks I would probably know it's not a very good idea to play for a 50+ yard field goal with this guy (or any kicker for that matter).
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read