Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2012   #81
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Same ole sorry Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
That should of ended the thread. I'm sure it won't though.

Tex, if you want something to gripe about how about kicking the field goal on 1st and goal with over 2 min left
. If he would of missed that kick Detroit would of had plenty of time to drive down the field and win the game. I think we should of ran the clock down to just a few seconds, that way we either win or tie.
What was Detroit's time out situ at that point? I don't recall how many they had left at the time. If they were out of time outs, then your strategy is sound.
But if still had two or three left, they would have used them after every play and we still wouldn't have been able to run the time down to near nothing. Does anyone recall how many they had at the time??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #82
Steal Your Face
Rookie

Section: 119
Rep Power: 858 Steal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respected

Same ole sorry 10-1, playoff going to, home field advantage winning, best record in the NFL having, 5 game win streaking, Kubiak ...

I guess the fools that ripped him for the play call that sprouted this thread now feel pretty silly after finding out that it was supposed to be a pass to Casey but Schaub changed it at the LOS because he didn't like the look the defense gave him.
Steal Your Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #83
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steal Your Face View Post
Same ole sorry 10-1, playoff going to, home field advantage winning, best record in the NFL having, 5 game win streaking, Kubiak ...
The world's not right if we're not complaining about the Texans. All this 10-1 crap is cutting into our complaining.

Being that as it may, after watching the defense get exposed the last two weeks, it is obvious that we are going to lose in the play-offs.

We're just getting an early start.
Old 11-22-2012   #84
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
OK - once again. The play call on the missed OT FG was the exact same as on the 2nd. It was designed to go to Casey. Detroit showed a D Schaub didn't like and he checked out to a run.
Quote:

I guess the fools that ripped him for the play call that sprouted this thread now feel pretty silly after finding out that it was supposed to be a pass to Casey but Schaub changed it at the LOS because he didn't like the look the defense gave him.
Nah, they're just acting like they haven't seen it...
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #85
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
What was Detroit's time out situ at that point? I don't recall how many they had left at the time. If they were out of time outs, then your strategy is sound.
But if still had two or three left, they would have used them after every play and we still wouldn't have been able to run the time down to near nothing. Does anyone recall how many they had at the time??
They might of had one left. You only get two during overtime and they had already used at least one, on the first field goal attempt.
Old 11-22-2012   #86
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
The theory was to score quickly, stop quickly and try to score again to win in regulation.
I questioned the decision at the time but thought about that afterwards .... I think under the circumstances , playing on the road , after a short week already having played an OT game last week and having one of the NFL's best defenses ... thats a reasonable thought process.

They were trying to win .... instead of playing not to lose. (so much for the turtle Kubiak ?!)

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #87
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I like Kubiak, but even I questioned a lot of the play calling today. I would venture to say that this was not his best play calling day.

At the end of the day, we went into a hostile environment against an extremely motivated team nay, desperate team and came away with another win. So I'm not going to go all "postal" like some of the threads I've read.

Kubiak's best play call of the day was Forsett for 81 yards!
Agreed. I've never been a big fan of Graham. I was quite upset we didn't push the ball closer on the 51 yarder. Now that I know the play was audibled, it's whatever. Honestly, our defense is killing me. Going from being great on 3rd downs to this? Not good IMO. Eh, hopefully this extra rest will help get us back on track.
Old 11-22-2012   #88
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I questioned the decision at the time but thought about that afterwards .... I think under the circumstances , playing on the road , after a short week already having played an OT game last week and having one of the NFL's best defenses ... thats a reasonable thought process.

They were trying to win .... instead of playing not to lose. (so much for the turtle Kubiak ?!)
I guess if your think your defense can stop them and get yourself one more chance. Does not matter, he got us the win.... again.
Old 11-22-2012   #89
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I am not a Gary Kubiak fan.
I do not believe in him all that much (but I'm trying)

Today wasn't about Kubiak. It was a short week, a long previous game, a highly motivated opponent fighting for their season, and a Texans team that's starting to get beat up and maybe just would have rather been anywhere but Detroit on Thanksgiving day.

They were sloppy. They looked a step slow. The secondary was dreadful and the pass rush (apart from Watt) was right there with them. The offense was slow to start up and inconsistent when they did finally get going. Schaub was inaccurate at times.

None of this was Kubiak's fault. Sorry, he called that game very well considering the state his team was in.
This post sums up my feelings about Gary today. The only questionable call other than running the ball and letting Graham kick a long FG, was letting him kick the GW FG on 1st down. (Too Conservative. IMHO) Appartently Gary trusts Graham alot more than the Texans fanbase does.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #90
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
This post sums up my feelings about Gary today. The only questionable call other than running the ball and letting Graham kick a long FG, was letting him kick the GW FG on 1st down. (Too Conservative. IMHO) Appartently Gary trusts Graham alot more than the Texans fanbase does.
His team had just played 10 qtrs of football in four days. His guys were getting beat up. Both teams had had chances to score in O/T and the way I understand the new O/T rule is once that's been achieved - both teams having at least one possession - then the next score wins. We were close enough for this kick to be a chip shot - even for Graham - so why run any more plays? They'd be just additional opportunities for something else strange - Foster to fumble with his banged up hand or Suh to get another cheap shot at Schaub - to happen in an already strange game.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #91
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4299 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I disliked when he settled for the first fg. He should of gone for a Td or put the Ball where Graham had a better chance to make it.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #92
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 45905 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Did I miss something? I thought I watched every Texans game this season, but when did Graham earned his Adam Vinaterri Trust Badges?

In his career he has one kick made over 50 yds. He also miss 2 makeable FG 4 days ago. And yet our offense loiter around the 30 yd line without a care in the world.

Is Graham married to Kubiak's daughter or something? Where is all this trust for Graham coming from before that miss FG?
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #93
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
In his career he has one kick made over 50 yds.
You're reading the stats wrong. He has 10 over 50 on his career.
Old 11-22-2012   #94
edwardc5637
Rookie

Rep Power: 2229 edwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Exactly. Can I just say that when both Thorn and myself are saying "Enough already!" it's really enough already.

We both bash Kubiak every time he screws up. We're good at it.

Give it a rest. Please?
If you are telling the truth who can complain.
edwardc5637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #95
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417Texan View Post
I disliked when he settled for the first fg. He should of gone for a Td or put the Ball where Graham had a better chance to make it.

Alan Ball has forced us to capitalize ball out of habit.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #96
edwardc5637
Rookie

Rep Power: 2229 edwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respected

This slow down offense doesn't work there is a time you have to let your qb do his thing GK is not trusting the QB to do his job you cant win like that.
edwardc5637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #97
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardc5637 View Post
This slow down offense doesn't work there is a time you have to let your qb do his thing GK is not trusting the QB to do his job you cant win like that.

The above post is full of fail.

10-1 ? WTF ?!

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 11-23-2012   #98
Steal Your Face
Rookie

Section: 119
Rep Power: 858 Steal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardc5637 View Post
What do you mean "you can't win like that"?
Steal Your Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012   #99
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

yup, same old kubiak indeed. 10-1, a .528+ winning percentage that's climbing, a top tier offense every season even when we sucked, and just happened to do that while replacing all but 1 player in 6 years. i especially love that the hate is coming after we score 77 points in two games.

now i just wish he'd give schaub more freedom to throw, like for 500 yards, or he'd call the play i drew up in my backyard instead of kicking a field goal to win, or go for it on 4th and 15 on our own 2 yard line. the conservative playcalling has to stop or else we're going to lose every game ever!
Old 11-23-2012   #100
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
What do you mean "you can't win like that"?
He's talking outa his ass cause his mouth knows better .... 10-1 speaks volumes.

I Miss Good Schaub.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read