Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2012   #61
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Same ole sorry Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

....Which means he can't just freestyle it out there and draw up a play HE wants.
Nobody does this. Not in the NFL. Not in Div I. Not any organized football that I know.
Old 11-22-2012   #62
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Nobody does this. Not in the NFL. Not in Div I. Not any organized football that I know.
Forehead does. He's got that team to where they know he's going to bail to a whole big list of plays that HE can call.

That's one reason why Forehead was never a serious consideration to come to Houston. Kubiak wants ultimate control, and there's something good about that IMO. Keeps a QB focused on the play, not trying to be an o-coord too.
Old 11-22-2012   #63
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Forehead does.
While he used to have the most leeway in the league even then he wasn't unfettered. The coaches picked the personnel package, formation and called three plays then Manning could call audibles to the play he picked in the huddle.

Quote:
That's one reason why Forehead was never a serious consideration to come to Houston. Kubiak wants ultimate control, and there's something good about that IMO. Keeps a QB focused on the play, not trying to be an o-coord too.
FOS. If it was a reason at all (which it wasn't) it would have been reason 20,000,002, right after the $20 mil salary and lack of cap space.
Old 11-22-2012   #64
worldlyman
Veteran

Rep Power: 775 worldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubiak definitely figured he better grow some balls on the final winning possession we had.

He just drags **** out to the last second, he waits too long to adjust.

People defending him are hilarious. We lose the Jags game AND this game, they'd be right here bitching WITH us.

But hey, wins somehow erase problem areas. Until you start losing those games, of course. Everybody feels like guys get a pass when we win the nail biters.

I remove the W or the L from it and just say "Was it avoidable? Yes. But we have always expressed doubts about Kubiak in these same moments."

Win was good, but come on...if we lose those games nobody here would be this gracious right now.
If, if, if if...if Brian Cushing and J Jo were healthy, along with B Reed staying in the game, maybe the Texans offense wouldn't have had to be in clutch-mode the past couple weeks.

Chad Henne is no Tom Brady but he has physical tools to put up 350 yards on any given Sunday. And going up against Matthew & Calvin today already made it difficult for the Texans offense to keep up. Ain't gonna blame Kubiak per se.

If, if in some alternate universe the Lions made that field goal.

But in this universe, the Houston Texans really were in a difficult situation, coming out of the gate slow, going up against a talented and desperate team on a difficult day...and in OUR universe: Houston 34 Detroit 31.
HOUSTON 10-1.

There is NO "if" about that. Not in our REALITY on 11/22/12!
worldlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #65
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Forehead does. He's got that team to where they know he's going to bail to a whole big list of plays that HE can call.

No, your last post made it sound like he draws them up on the spot. He doesn't. Even when he was with the Colts, he went to the line with 3 plays.

Don't fall for all the hand signals, all the "adjustments" they made are the same adjustments we make, we just don't make a show of it at the LOS.
Old 11-22-2012   #66
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if the madden game has made everyone experts on coaching or what(not directed at anyone in particular, just seems all over the place people aren't happy today)

On a positive note, the coach that made the least boneheaded play calling and challenges got the win today
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #67
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I don't know if the madden game has made everyone experts on coaching or what(not directed at anyone in particular, just seems all over the place people aren't happy today)

On a positive note, the coach that made the least boneheaded play calling and challenges got the win today
It's funny how some people on here think they know what it takes to be an NFL head coach.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #68
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
No, your last post made it sound like he draws them up on the spot. He doesn't. Even when he was with the Colts, he went to the line with 3 plays.

Don't fall for all the hand signals, all the "adjustments" they made are the same adjustments we make, we just don't make a show of it at the LOS.
I would say I said it correctly. Forehead looks at a defense and makes the call if he wants to...to any play he thinks takes advantage of the defense's alignment.

It would foolish for you to try and make it sound like I said he's creating "new" plays on the fly. All of us here know what I meant.
Old 11-22-2012   #69
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I rate 10-1 .....

Old 11-22-2012   #70
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Lol and his offense put up another 30+
I like Kubiak, but even I questioned a lot of the play calling today. I would venture to say that this was not his best play calling day.

At the end of the day, we went into a hostile environment against an extremely motivated team nay, desperate team and came away with another win. So I'm not going to go all "postal" like some of the threads I've read.

Kubiak's best play call of the day was Forsett for 81 yards!
Old 11-22-2012   #71
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146271 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I have kept my mouth shut in support of trying to be positive all season long despite seeing the same types of turtle ***** ways of kubiak all season long because we were winning and things were still positive going back to last season, but not anymore. Kubiak showed the entire country what a puss he still is as a HC, and exactly why he couldn't lead anything until Wade got here. Winning this game feels like a punch in the stomach if that happens. These players work their asses off all year long and win all these games, all for their pencil neck HC to show absolutely no confidence in them when it counts, but he'll put his confidence in a kicker who has already shown that he'll blow it when it counts?? Same stupid coach he's always been that used to trust guys like Chris Brown (The RB) at the end of games where we would lose.

How do you not at least try to throw an outlet pass or screen pass on 3rd and 14? No, instead we put the game in the hands of a kicker who just blew last week when the game was on the line. This is why Kubiak should have been kicked to the curb head first years ago. He doesn't learn from previos mistakes, he plays not to lose, he can't even watch plays at the end of games, and he is still an embarrassment.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know Kubiak's typical kids in here will call this thread stupid, will bring up our win/loss record this season, or will talk about his hair or something, but he's still a joke. We win "in spite" of Kubiak and always will.

Oh, and before I forget, have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
A wise man can see his wife's butt is too big for the jeans. A wiser man says nothing.

I think Gary is doing better this year but on that play I was frustrated he did not try to get closer with sideline pass.
Old 11-22-2012   #72
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I hate to see what Kubiak might do in a nail biter in a playoff game. Captain Conservative.
Keep ****ing winning. Same that he's been doing.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #73
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6344 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
OK - once again. The play call on the missed OT FG was the exact same as on the 2nd. It was designed to go to Casey. Detroit showed a D Schaub didn't like and he checked out to a run.
Correct, over the last few weeks even the announcers have commented on how we can be in one formation and run 3 different plays from it. Schaub CAN change the initial play call as long as its in the same formation. He has that freedom based on how he sees/feels the defense.
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #74
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77616 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Man I'd like to be this pissed and unhappy with a 10-1 team missing their heart and soul on defense.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #75
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I am not a Gary Kubiak fan.
I do not believe in him all that much (but I'm trying)

Today wasn't about Kubiak. It was a short week, a long previous game, a highly motivated opponent fighting for their season, and a Texans team that's starting to get beat up and maybe just would have rather been anywhere but Detroit on Thanksgiving day.

They were sloppy. They looked a step slow. The secondary was dreadful and the pass rush (apart from Watt) was right there with them. The offense was slow to start up and inconsistent when they did finally get going. Schaub was inaccurate at times.

None of this was Kubiak's fault. Sorry, he called that game very well considering the state his team was in.
MSR .....

For what its worth , I thought Alan Ball played a pretty damn good game today. Even on the Megatron TD his coverage was about as tight as you can get. He was an inch away from breaking up that pass.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #76
Seasick Sailor
Rookie

Rep Power: 544 Seasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respected

We are 10-1 and our opponent's coach literally cost his team the game by being a hot-headed dumbass.

How can you be pissed at Kubes?

Would you rather have the Lions coach?
Seasick Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #77
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 27534 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

With just over 2 minutes left in the 4thQ, 1st & goal down 7, could someone tell me what's the logic behind hurrying up to get a play off instead of letting it tick down to the 2 min warning? Are we intentionally trying to give Stafford enough time to drive his team for a game winning FG attempt if we were to tie the game?
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #78
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
With just over 2 minutes left in the 4thQ, 1st & goal down 7, could someone tell me what's the logic behind hurrying up to get a play off instead of letting it tick down to the 2 min warning? Are we intentionally trying to give Stafford enough time to drive his team for a game winning FG attempt if we were to tie the game?
The theory was to score quickly, stop quickly and try to score again to win in regulation.
Old 11-22-2012   #79
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The theory was to score quickly, stop quickly and try to score again to win in regulation.
exactly, it would be worse to give stafford and megatron 1 minute left, that would give us NO time if they did kick a FG.
Old 11-22-2012   #80
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
OK - once again. The play call on the missed OT FG was the exact same as on the 2nd. It was designed to go to Casey. Detroit showed a D Schaub didn't like and he checked out to a run.
That should of ended the thread. I'm sure it won't though.

Tex, if you want something to gripe about how about kicking the field goal on 1st and goal with over 2 min left. If he would of missed that kick Detroit would of had plenty of time to drive down the field and win the game. I think we should of ran the clock down to just a few seconds, that way we either win or tie.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read