Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2012   #81
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 170382 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: so we're just an avg nfc team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #82
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Ha but is our offense as good as theirs. I see a shootout. Then on the playoffs I see multiple shootouts. Our D has been exposed but is our O ready to go TD for TD. Just a question
Our D will get stops. We don't have to go toe to toe with New England or Denver. We keep them on the sideline. New England is battling with the Jets right now & they haven't unleashed Tebow on them yet. This isn't a shoot-out.

Two weeks from now we'll play New England & I'll bet you we win. I'll bet we're the favorites.
Old 11-22-2012   #83
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Our D will get stops. We don't have to go toe to toe with New England or Denver. We keep them on the sideline. New England is battling with the Jets right now & they haven't unleashed Tebow on them yet. This isn't a shoot-out.

Two weeks from now we'll play New England & I'll bet you we win. I'll bet we're the favorites.
And i bet our pass defense gets whipped back in shape by then.
Old 11-22-2012   #84
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Dont think our D has been exposed, we had the best WR in football today going against a cowboys outkast.
Kj shut him down in the second half.
Old 11-22-2012   #85
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I will totally buy your enthusiasm. I will. Call it blind faith or hope
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #86
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

We are 10-1. Nothing average about us.

The Jags, Colts, and Titans play the same, yet easier, schedule than ours and not enjoying anywhere near the success we are.

It's time to put the pipe down, back away, and sleep it off.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #87
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kj shut him down in the second half.
Since we blame the safties for his woes all the time i would like to credit the safties today with his success, in the second half manning was on CJ pretty much ever play almost had a pick while covering him.

It can work both ways.
Old 11-22-2012   #88
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Or keep up with Peyton and Brady when the spread us out
Ummmm... didn't we already beat Peyton this season? And isn't Stafford leading the league in passing?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #89
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I will totally buy your enthusiasm. I will. Call it blind faith or hope
It's not blind faith. I'm surprised we had enough gas to stay in that game. I didn't think they would give up, but I didn't expect them to fight to the bitter end. They did. We won.

Oh yeah, the Jets game is a blow out now..... not because of Brady though. Defense & Special teams.
Old 11-22-2012   #90
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Ummmm... didn't we already beat Peyton this season? And isn't Stafford leading the league in passing?
I thought Detroit was #1 in offense in the NFL...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #91
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Sure but we are not talking about that right now.

Old 11-22-2012   #92
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
I thought Detroit was #1 in offense in the NFL...
We are not talking about that either.

Only that the Texans suck for being 10-1

Old 11-22-2012   #93
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
We are not talking about that either.

Only that the Texans suck for being 10-1
agree guys, why cant we all just agree the texans at 10-1 are a fluke, and if games were 5 QTRs peyton manning would have beaten us, and had cutler not went out of the CHI game that we wouldnt of won even though Campbell wound up throwing for more yards than cutler.

Plenty more i could "throw out" there but i think you get the point.

GET OVER IT - we are 10-1 have pulled out 2 OT games in a row. Our defense has had 3 bad games all season, i like 3 out of 8 odds.
Old 11-22-2012   #94
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
have pulled out 2 OT games in a row.
I was waiting for the announcers to pull out the trivia on when was the last time a team had back to back OT wins. I wouldn't even know how to look that up?

Most teams don't have a OT game at all in a season, even more rare two, then put them back to back, then win both.
Old 11-22-2012   #95
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I was waiting for the announcers to pull out the trivia on when was the last time a team had back to back OT wins. I wouldn't even know how to look that up?

Most teams don't have a OT game at all in a season, even more rare two, then put them back to back, then win both.
it was 1994 i think i saw. 2 teams played back to back ot's (ie both played an OT week before playing each other in ot). im guessing one of them mightve won both
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #96
RCPM
DILLIGAF

Rep Power: 0 RCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respected

WTF? 10-1 is average? smh...
RCPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #97
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Last two teams to do it were Minnesota and Chicago.

The Vikings lost to the Bucs in OT while the Bears beat the Cardinals in OT as well.

The following week, the Bears and Vikings matched up with each other, and the Vikings came out on the winning end.

Interesting how that played out. I wonder who was the last team to go back to back OT and win both of them.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #98
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Refs a bailed us out today and Cutler went down in other win
That play ... Forsett was down .... but who's to say that they dont go down and score a TD on that drive anyway ?

If anything , Schwartz bailed the Texans out .... The ref's just went by the rules the NFL has set forth.

Atlanta had a similar situation last week Vs the Cardinals tho it didnt cost them points on the play it did cost them a possession.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #99
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not sure how reliable this site is but here is some brain candy on list of overtime stats. Up to date thru 2011
Quote:
No team has ever played in three consecutive overtime games.* The last team to play in back to back overtime games were the 2010 Jets.
http://sportsdelve.wordpress.com/201...-nfl-overtime/
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #100
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I wonder who was the last team to go back to back OT and win both of them.
That was my question.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read