Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2012   #61
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: so we're just an avg nfc team

ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #62
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
Shouldn't you be watching your cowboys make their comeback?
Shouldn't you be on the bills board mario
Old 11-22-2012   #63
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

The people have have been heard, my friend (assuming I'm not on ignore).
Old 11-22-2012   #64
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

This team played 10 quarters of football in less than 5 days minus some important players and won both times. Gritty performances by the texans. Let this team get 9 dAys of rest and get some players back before people start bitching about the way the team played. Every team in the nfl minus maybe the falcons would love to be us.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #65
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179094 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
This team played 10 quarters of football in less than 5 days minus some important players and won both times. Gritty performances by the texans. Let this team get 9 dAys of rest and get some players back before people start bitching about the way the team played. Every team in the nfl minus maybe the falcons would love to be us.
Maybe they think you have to run up the score to get a BCS bid .
Old 11-22-2012   #66
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
I'll give you this but Brady and Peyton are watching. I think we've been exposed. I hope schaub is balling on playoffs and kubiak is not calling the draw
Old 11-22-2012   #67
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bad thread....*slap*.....bad thread.

Goddness.
Old 11-22-2012   #68
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
Shouldn't you be watching your cowboys make their comeback?
Wait...

That didn't happen!
Old 11-22-2012   #69
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
"Style points" count... I think?
Old 11-22-2012   #70
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Shouldn't you be on the bills board mario
I tried to have that changed in July. They didn't reply to my Pm. Will try again.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #71
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll give you this but Brady and Peyton are watching. I think we've been exposed. I hope schaub is balling on playoffs and kubiak is not calling the draw
You mean two of the greatest quaterbacks ever might be a tough match up in the playoffs?!!! Well now I know.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #72
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
We're takin' what we're given 'cause we're workin' for a livin'.

10-1 in the NFL. 2-1 vs Packers, Bears, and Lions. The spoon I see is a little less silver, but it is what it is.

I'll take it gladly, especially this Detroit game. Houston put themselves in a position to win, and won. Same with Chicgo, except they beat a proud Chicago team in their house, in their weather (if you will).

We got it handed to us against GB, so what? 10-1. The Giants won the SB with 7 of them?

I will gladly take 2-1 vs. AFC North.
Old 11-22-2012   #73
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
We play New England in two weeks, lets see how we do then.

This was an ugly game. But we won. At least for today, let's enjoy the win. We're 10-1, best record in the AFC. We control our destiny after 11 weeks of NFL football.

The defense you saw out there today is not the same defense we saw against the Ravens. It's not the same that we saw against the Broncos. Teams change as the season goes on. Cody is gone, Cush is gone Jjo was gone, Brady James left early, even Ball did not finish the game.

But we won.

I have no doubt that Wade will have them ready for New England & even if the stumble a little, our offense will hang. New England's defense isn't as good as the Lions.
Old 11-22-2012   #74
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

This was an ugly game. But we won. At least for today, let's enjoy the win. We're 10-1, best record in the AFC. We control our destiny after 11 weeks of NFL football.

The defense you saw out there today is not the same defense we saw against the Ravens. It's not the same that we saw against the Broncos. Teams change as the season goes on. Cody is gone, Cush is gone Jjo was gone, Brady James left early, even Ball did not finish the game.

But we won.

I have no doubt that Wade will have them ready for New England & even if the stumble a little, our offense will hang. New England's defense isn't as good as the Lions.

You forgot to mention Brooks Reed was gone for much of this game.
Old 11-22-2012   #75
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

But we won.

Ha but is our offense as good as theirs. I see a shootout. Then on the playoffs I see multiple shootouts. Our D has been exposed but is our O ready to go TD for TD. Just a question
Old 11-22-2012   #76
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I've said this in some other threads but... I think some people have unrealistic expectations. You've got to fight hard to win games in this league even against the bottom-dwellers. No team is perfect. There's a lot of talent on every team in the league.

No team scores on every possession. No team stops the other team on every possession.

We are 10-1. Are we perfect? No. Can we be beaten? Yes. But this team is going to fight you for it. This team is not going to give up. This team is going to keep playing to the final whistle (like Forsett did.)

The Lions remind me of us a couple of years ago when we went 6-10. If they can get their head on straight, they're going to be scary good. But they find ways to lose.

This team finds ways to win.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #77
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ha but is our offense as good as theirs. I see a shootout. Then on the playoffs I see multiple shootouts. Our D has been exposed but is our O ready to go TD for TD. Just a question
Dont think our D has been exposed, we had the best WR in football today going against a cowboys outkast. I think what happened with the jags was we saw an easy game against gabbert then henne came in and caught us by surprise BUT the Defense made plays when it had to, same goes for tonights game.

We will get back to the dominating defense we saw early in the future.
Old 11-22-2012   #78
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Another negative thread? What the **** is wrong with you people?

Damn. If someone gave you a million dollars in 10 dollar bills you'd probably ***** about carrying it all to the bank.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #79
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Or keep up with Peyton and Brady when the spread us out
Old 11-22-2012   #80
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Another negative thread? What the **** is wrong with you people?

Damn. If someone gave you a million dollars in 10 dollar bills you'd probably ***** about carrying it all to the bank.
It could be worse. You could have to carry my million dollars in pennies to the bank.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read