Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2012   #41
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Same ole sorry Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
I was screaming at the tv wanting to know why he did that as well. I hated that play call with a passion. I also think he is a little over conservative at the end of games. But all that being said we won the game wether of not it was in spite of Kubiak or not. Enjoy the win a little. Dang. Goosfraba buddy. Goosfraba.
Made the thread before the game was even over. It didn't matter if we won or lost. That wasn't the point. It's the typical turtle dick ways of Kubiak and how plays not to lose. Always running the ball on a play that is 3rd and 9+, and giving the ball to the other team or settling. I would have had no problem with the play if we actually had a kicker that hadn't shown that he was a big choker. We have a choker at kicker and that's who you're putting your confidence in?? That's stupid football. It should have cost us the game. The difference in winning and losing doesn't change the bad positioning that the HC put the team in by not trying to win the game. Same stuff that haunted this losing team for years before Wade's defense made this team a consistent winner. Sure, it messed up against a good offense in the Lions and even the Jags, but I've got a lot of confidence in Wade's abilities to make adjustments. I don't have that same ability in some turtle dick HC who can't even watch the last play of the game in his 7th season as a HC.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Look guys. Kubiak is a conservative coach. He's always going to play the odds & percentages. It will cost us some games, but most of the time, win us games. Once you accept this, you'll become a much happier texans fan!
I just heard Kubiak reply to a question about being conservative in the second half. He said something about callings a particular play three times looking for a particular defense & we had to check out of it three times.

So while we believe MAtt doesn't audible, he does some ok Nguyen that is pretty similar.
Old 11-22-2012   #43
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Aw man, Tex! Brisket!! I'm sitting here fuller than you know what, and you have my mouth watering! Enjoy!
Turkey and Brisket this year. Been smoking for about 8 hours.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #44
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I have kept my mouth shut in support of trying to be positive all season long despite seeing the same types of turtle ***** ways of kubiak all season long because we were winning and things were still positive going back to last season, but not anymore. Kubiak showed the entire country what a puss he still is as a HC, and exactly why he couldn't lead anything until Wade got here. Winning this game feels like a punch in the stomach if that happens. These players work their asses off all year long and win all these games, all for their pencil neck HC to show absolutely no confidence in them when it counts, but he'll put his confidence in a kicker who has already shown that he'll blow it when it counts?? Same stupid coach he's always been that used to trust guys like Chris Brown (The RB) at the end of games where we would lose.

How do you not at least try to throw an outlet pass or screen pass on 3rd and 14? No, instead we put the game in the hands of a kicker who just blew last week when the game was on the line. This is why Kubiak should have been kicked to the curb head first years ago. He doesn't learn from previos mistakes, he plays not to lose, he can't even watch plays at the end of games, and he is still an embarrassment.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know Kubiak's typical kids in here will call this thread stupid, will bring up our win/loss record this season, or will talk about his hair or something, but he's still a joke. We win "in spite" of Kubiak and always will.

Oh, and before I forget, have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
when you gonna realize his qb is average at best.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #45
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been wondering how long you could keep quiet even though we're winning.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #46
corytx8
Veteran

Rep Power: 3622 corytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
I was screaming at the tv wanting to know why he did that as well. I hated that play call with a passion. I also think he is a little over conservative at the end of games. But all that being said we won the game wether of not it was in spite of Kubiak or not. Enjoy the win a little. Dang. Goosfraba buddy. Goosfraba.
I will enjoy this win, but that playcall series almost cost us that game. Everyone and their mom knew that you need to get deeper into their territory for our kicker. The guy is 10/24 from beyond the 50 in his career.

Thanks the lions kicker kick being rejected by the goal post, we will win this game.
corytx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #47
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 301166 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

OK - once again. The play call on the missed OT FG was the exact same as on the 2nd. It was designed to go to Casey. Detroit showed a D Schaub didn't like and he checked out to a run.
Old 11-22-2012   #48
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corytx8 View Post
I will enjoy this win, but that playcall series almost cost us that game. Everyone and their mom knew that you need to get deeper into their territory for our kicker. The guy is 10/24 from beyond the 50 in his career.

Thanks the lions kicker kick being rejected by the goal post, we will win this game.
I totally agree with you. I am still going to ejoy the win regardless. At least for today.
Old 11-22-2012   #49
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
you know, that is your problem. You assume that everybody is dumber than you.

I have the sunday and ticket, i also have nfl shortcuts, which cuts down every nfl game in 30 minutes. I have watched at least 6 games of the lions, at least. How many games have you seen of the lions, seriously?

Their defense is not that bad, they might not be a top 10 defense like the rankings , but they aren't bottom 10. The lions offense has been inconsistent, so the defense has had to pick it up. Nick fairley has been playing out of his mind in the last couple weeks. He gave aaron rodgers hell last week. I didn't even hear his name today.

So please, stop assuming that everybody is dumber than you and that your opinion is superior. Too me you're just johnny raincloud.
my opinion is more important than yours
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #50
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Made the thread before the game was even over. It didn't matter if we won or lost. That wasn't the point. It's the typical turtle dick ways of Kubiak and how plays not to lose. Always running the ball on a play that is 3rd and 9+, and giving the ball to the other team or settling. I would have had no problem with the play if we actually had a kicker that hadn't shown that he was a big choker. We have a choker at kicker and that's who you're putting your confidence in?? That's stupid football. It should have cost us the game. The difference in winning and losing doesn't change the bad positioning that the HC put the team in by not trying to win the game. Same stuff that haunted this losing team for years before Wade's defense made this team a consistent winner. Sure, it messed up against a good offense in the Lions and even the Jags, but I've got a lot of confidence in Wade's abilities to make adjustments. I don't have that same ability in some turtle dick HC who can't even watch the last play of the game in his 7th season as a HC.
Well you have made multiple posts after the game ended stating the same thing all of which I agree with. I am just saying enjoy the win on our first Turkey game day. Now go eat your brisket!
Old 11-22-2012   #51
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

This loss was certainly on Kubes, should it have happened. Both the field goal situation and not running more clock off before tying the game at the 2 minute warning should have lost us this game.

It didn't. More importantly, we got a clear indication Kubes learned his lesson when we got a miraculous second chance, faking the run and throwing to Casey for a huge gain.

Like most things in the NFL, there are good and bad aspects to Kubiak. He showed his bad side today, no doubt, but he also displayed the single most important thing a person in his position can show: the ability to learn from a mistake.
Old 11-22-2012   #52
nytexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1436 nytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
OK - once again. The play call on the missed OT FG was the exact same as on the 2nd. It was designed to go to Casey. Detroit showed a D Schaub didn't like and he checked out to a run.
First Happy Thanksgiving, second, I must be the only one who doesn't have you on an ignore list or something. What in your statement doesn't make it clear Kubiak didn't make the CALL....... Schaub DID!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2012   #53
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Can't be. I've been assured Kubiak is such a control freak that he won't allow audibles/play changes at the LOS.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #54
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
This loss was certainly on Kubes, should it have happened. Both the field goal situation and not running more clock off before tying the game at the 2 minute warning should have lost us this game.

It didn't. More importantly, we got a clear indication Kubes learned his lesson when we got a miraculous second chance, faking the run and throwing to Casey for a huge gain.

Like most things in the NFL, there are good and bad aspects to Kubiak. He showed his bad side today, no doubt, but he also displayed the single most important thing a person in his position can show: the ability to learn from a mistake.
Kubiak definitely figured he better grow some balls on the final winning possession we had.

He just drags **** out to the last second, he waits too long to adjust.

People defending him are hilarious. We lose the Jags game AND this game, they'd be right here bitching WITH us.

But hey, wins somehow erase problem areas. Until you start losing those games, of course. Everybody feels like guys get a pass when we win the nail biters.

I remove the W or the L from it and just say "Was it avoidable? Yes. But we have always expressed doubts about Kubiak in these same moments."

Win was good, but come on...if we lose those games nobody here would be this gracious right now.
Old 11-22-2012   #55
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
Can't be. I've been assured Kubiak is such a control freak that he won't allow audibles/play changes at the LOS.
Schaub and Kubiak both said in thier pressors that the play was going to go to the TE, but was changed at the line because of the defense.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #56
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah and right now my least concern is Kubiak. It is the defense. Giving up over 3o points. Injuries are mounting a bit and besides Watt, we aren't getting pressure

Getting concerned because I'd Henne and stafford puts up 30. What will Manning and Brady do?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #57
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Schaub and Kubiak both said in thier pressors that the play was going to go to the TE, but was changed at the line because of the defense.
Matt can audible out of a pass and into a run, but from what I recall he has to audible to a specific play....

....Which means he can't just freestyle it out there and draw up a play HE wants.

IIRC, the audible is predetermined or at least Kubiak gives him the audible call to use on each play or it's restricted somehow.

Someone tell me if that's wrong.
Old 11-22-2012   #58
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 301166 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Matt can audible out of a pass and into a run, but from what I recall he has to audible to a specific play....

....Which means he can't just freestyle it out there and draw up a play HE wants.

IIRC, the audible is predetermined or at least Kubiak gives him the audible call to use on each play or it's restricted somehow.

Someone tell me if that's wrong.
He can audible both ways and has more than one option but it is a limited playlist. Outside of hurry up offense that is the case for almost all QB's. Some have more options on the playlist.
Old 11-22-2012   #59
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, I made a comment to my wife on a walk after the game and dinner, that if I were the HC, the Texans would be 11-0 right now....

Ha! It sounded good, but the moment I said it, just as the moment any of you read that I said it, the BS flag started to rise. Anyhow, my self awareness of BS, got me thinking.. There is SO much more to being a HC than play calling, that I'll never know or see on TV. All I can relate to is play calling.

I think it's fair to say that Gary is a players coach, and probably a damn good coach overall. But he's definitely got some upside on the play calling side of the game.

Who know's why he's so conservative... At 10-1, he certainly can sit back and point to the score board to anyone who wants to question him.

Here's my takeaway from this thread, today's game and the season, overall, thus far:

This team is for sure one of the better teams in the NFL, records aside. I would HOPE that Kubiak will use the season long commitment to conservative play calling to cash in on pantsing some unsuspecting opponent in the playoffs or better yet the Super Bowl...

However.... I have my doubts as to whether Houston gets a crack at the Lombardi trophy. The special teams WILL cost us when the bad teams are home and Houston is playing the better teams in the NFL in January.

But for today.. The turkey tastes better than it should!!!
Old 11-22-2012   #60
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Yeah and right now my least concern is Kubiak. It is the defense. Giving up over 3o points. Injuries are mounting a bit and besides Watt, we aren't getting pressure

Getting concerned because I'd Henne and stafford puts up 30. What will Manning and Brady do?
Well we already saw what Manning would do.

The thing that concerns me is the run D. I never thought I'd say it, but I think we're missing Shaun Cody.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read