Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2012   #101
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Matt Schaub clutch?

Schaub does not beleive in clutch he beleives in playing COnsistent for 4 qtrs so he does not have to be clutch :P

AND HES NOT A NO HUDDLE HURRY UP Offensive yeah he can go fast sugar huddle and call plays fast but like someone says hes a rhytham passer haslong has hes clea he know were to go with the ball he can read D"s like a MOFO
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #102
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I love authentic Texans Talk gibberish
Old 11-21-2012   #103
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichows6 View Post
Schaub seems like he goes into elite mode when given the reigns and starts working that nohuddle. .I think they should pick up the pace more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i agree with this 100% he looks like a brady, Rogers type player when operating the no huddle hurry up offense.
You guys beat me to it. I know why we haven't run 5 wide to this point but when they lined up like that I yelled at my wife to "Watch this, the offense is gonna go nuts!" Guess what. It did. Matt Schaub can run the no huddle, hurry up, 5 wide to perfection. He's done it many times. We used to see it all the time before we were a complete team. Like Kubes said after the game he'd been saying all the time "If we need Matt to load up and throw it 50 times, we can." And they did. And they won, just like Kubiak said they could.

I know they don't need to often but I sure like that no huddle, 5 wide game. It kinda gives me a chub, kinda.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #104
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 293364 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I love authentic Texans Talk gibberish
Toro... ya just gotta use the visual when making classic movie references...

didn't think Norg was this old...

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #105
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131162 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is a rhythm passer and always has been. Ive said it for years. Once hes in synch hes almost as good as anyone (minus the usual suspects ofcourse.) I actually feel like our run / pass ratio henders him as much as a solid run game helps him. He started badly last week and as the game went on and he had to pass more and more he got better. I've seen that plenty over the years. He's like a running back who gets better with more carries.

When he starts a game and hes not sharp i'd like to see him passing on the sidelines while our defense is on the field. It sometimes seems to take him longer to warm up then the time alloted.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #106
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 45905 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with you for the most part. But I don't think it's about his arm not being warm enough. I think when he is throwing on consecutive plays the action down the field slows down for him. He's able to read defense faster after the snap.

Take for example:

I love playing basketball. Everytime I go to the park and join into a pickup game with people that are already playing, the first 5 minutes on the court is where I always struggle. And I'm not talking about shooting jumpshots. I'm talking about things like rebounding, pick & roll, defense. I'm always a second behind in every basketball plays. Everythings blurry. But after that 5 minute things slow down for me. Next thing I know I'm snatching rebound off the board, blocking shots, behind-the-back-pass between a defender's leg.

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little on my game. But the point is Shaub vision of the game becomes more coherent and lucid when he is given a consistence chance of throwing the ball.

Every time a QB drops back to throw the ball his adrenaline is increase by 200% as oppose to handing it off - studies by ESPN's Sport & Science.

And the benefit of adrenaline in our bodies is quoted as by Men's Health Fitness:
"Adrenaline is produced by adrenal glands in our body. When released, it stimulates a wide array of bodily functions. From the heart rate to blood vessels, it effectively counters high-stress and physical situations. This enables us to process information, while utilizing actions at a rapid rate. These are referred to as adrenaline rushes, which increase physical performance in unexpected instances. The process also sends more oxygen to the lungs. This is essential when responding to emergencies and natural disasters. The body is then able to perform tasks in a timely manner."

As much as I like Foster and our running game, I think a success of a rushing game can hinder a QB like Matt Schaub who needs a consistence dose of adrenaline to perform at a high level.

We should only run to keep the defense honest and to setup play-action and not to just play the over-rated stats "time of possession game."
Isn't this sport about outscoring your opponent? If Schaub has the hot hand and our running game is anemic and we're ahead, Kubiak should give Schaub the keys to take over the game.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #107
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131162 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
I agree with you for the most part. But I don't think it's about his arm not being warm enough. I think when he is throwing on consecutive plays the action down the field slows down for him. He's able to read defense faster after the snap.

Take for example:

I love playing basketball. Everytime I go to the park and join into a pickup game with people that are already playing, the first 5 minutes on the court is where I always struggle. And I'm not talking about shooting jumpshots. I'm talking about things like rebounding, pick & roll, defense. I'm always a second behind in every basketball plays. Everythings blurry. But after that 5 minute things slow down for me. Next thing I know I'm snatching rebound off the board, blocking shots, behind-the-back-pass between a defender's leg.

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little on my game. But the point is Shaub vision of the game becomes more coherent and lucid when he is given a consistence chance of throwing the ball.

Every time a QB drops back to throw the ball his adrenaline is increase by 200% as oppose to handing it off - studies by ESPN's Sport & Science.

And the benefit of adrenaline in our bodies is quoted as by Men's Health Fitness:
"Adrenaline is produced by adrenal glands in our body. When released, it stimulates a wide array of bodily functions. From the heart rate to blood vessels, it effectively counters high-stress and physical situations. This enables us to process information, while utilizing actions at a rapid rate. These are referred to as adrenaline rushes, which increase physical performance in unexpected instances. The process also sends more oxygen to the lungs. This is essential when responding to emergencies and natural disasters. The body is then able to perform tasks in a timely manner."

As much as I like Foster and our running game, I think a success of a rushing game can hinder a QB like Matt Schaub who needs a consistence dose of adrenaline to perform at a high level.

We should only run to keep the defense honest and to setup play-action and not to just play the over-rated stats "time of possession game."
Isn't this sport about outscoring your opponent? If Schaub has the hot hand and our running game is anemic and we're ahead, Kubiak should give Schaub the keys to take over the game.
Some of what im referring to is exactly what youve referenced. Its not merely the mechanics of throwing the ball down field. If he's throwing 2-3 passes every 5-6 minutes its going to take him longer to get in a "zone" if he's off that day. Whens hes not seeing coverages or slow to read the defense as the play unfolds he can compensate by improving his mechanics and accuracy on the sideline. If the qb coach is showing him defensive schemes in printed pictures thats fine...but if schaub isnt sharp passing I want to see him throwing on the sidelines between possessions.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #108
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #109
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Like I said earlier. Not confident he'll do it, not confident he won't.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #110
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well he's thrown away his mulligens in the regular season
Old 11-22-2012   #111
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL . Hey Graham missed a FG and we came back again.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #112
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm done with this thread. .... wishing for the best, but I'm done debating about this guy.
Old 11-22-2012   #113
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

This week Matt Schaub isn't particularly clutch. He's mostly tired.

But he still had enough clutch in him to get us in field goal range at the end.
Old 11-22-2012   #114
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
This week Matt Schaub isn't particularly clutch. He's mostly tired.

But he still had enough clutch in him to get us in field goal range at the end.
Guess that's the explanation for Graham too.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #115
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Another clutch performance vs a below .500 team. Playoffs will be tough
Old 11-22-2012   #116
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Another clutch performance vs a below .500 team. Playoffs will be tough
You know, there were times when we were .500 or worse & we weren't a bad team. I know you are what your record says you are, but you can have a top 5 offense & be .500 (like we were) or a top 10 defense & be .500

Young teams, like we were 2 years ago, 3 years ago. Just didn't have enough gas to finish.

They're below .500, but that's not a bad team.
Old 11-22-2012   #117
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
You know, there were times when we were .500 or worse & we weren't a bad team. I know you are what your record says you are, but you can have a top 5 offense & be .500 (like we were) or a top 10 defense & be .500

Young teams, like we were 2 years ago, 3 years ago. Just didn't have enough gas to finish.

They're below .500, but that's not a bad team.
No their a bad team that finds a way to lose and we have to thank them for not closing vs us despite the help by the refs. Two straight ot games with a pick by schaub means his luck is running out
Old 11-22-2012   #118
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No their a bad team that finds a way to lose and we have to thank them for not closing vs us despite the help by the refs. Two straight ot games with a pick by schaub means his luck is running out
Trust me, Andrew Luck is a guy that has a lot of luck so far this season.
He could have seen 20-30 INTs by now without lotsa luck.
I watch every game he played.

Be happy!
Old 11-22-2012   #119
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Who needs luck when you've got Kubiak?
Old 11-22-2012   #120
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Schaub is not clutch. He just wins games.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read