Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2012   #21
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Same ole sorry Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Lions defense is ranked 10th in the league. Get your facts straight.
Detroit's defense sucks. NFL rankings on defense and offense is the most flawed ranking system that doesn't tell anything accurately as it is. It never has. Using NFL rankings for an offense or a defense is like using Fox News as a top source on Obama. Get off of your homer rock for the HC. We win in spite of his lack of confidence in his own team.

Going for it on st down with a kicker like that was also stupid as hell. He almost missed the game winning FG for 31 yards.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #22
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I have kept my mouth shut in support of trying to be positive all season long despite seeing the same types of turtle ***** ways of kubiak all season long because we were winning and things were still positive going back to last season, but not anymore. Kubiak showed the entire country what a puss he still is as a HC, and exactly why he couldn't lead anything until Wade got here. Winning this game feels like a punch in the stomach if that happens. These players work their asses off all year long and win all these games, all for their pencil neck HC to show absolutely no confidence in them when it counts, but he'll put his confidence in a kicker who has already shown that he'll blow it when it counts?? Same stupid coach he's always been that used to trust guys like Chris Brown (The RB) at the end of games where we would lose.

How do you not at least try to throw an outlet pass or screen pass on 3rd and 14? No, instead we put the game in the hands of a kicker who just blew last week when the game was on the line. This is why Kubiak should have been kicked to the curb head first years ago. He doesn't learn from previos mistakes, he plays not to lose, he can't even watch plays at the end of games, and he is still an embarrassment.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know Kubiak's typical kids in here will call this thread stupid, will bring up our win/loss record this season, or will talk about his hair or something, but he's still a joke. We win "in spite" of Kubiak and always will.

Oh, and before I forget, have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Have a happy Thanksgiving, Tex!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #23
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391709 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
As a certified Kubiak basher even I'm getting tired of the Kubiak bashing. Jesus Christ, we're fricking 10-1 and just played two 5 quarter games in four days and won them both. Why on earth are we bashing Kubiak now?
Seriously. Plus Schaub just led how many critical or putting us into a position to win drives in the last two games and he still isn't clutch and is playing crappy supposedly?
Old 11-22-2012   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I am not a Gary Kubiak fan.
I do not believe in him all that much (but I'm trying)

Today wasn't about Kubiak. It was a short week, a long previous game, a highly motivated opponent fighting for their season, and a Texans team that's starting to get beat up and maybe just would have rather been anywhere but Detroit on Thanksgiving day.

They were sloppy. They looked a step slow. The secondary was dreadful and the pass rush (apart from Watt) was right there with them. The offense was slow to start up and inconsistent when they did finally get going. Schaub was inaccurate at times.

None of this was Kubiak's fault. Sorry, he called that game very well considering the state his team was in.
100% Agree.

We should have lost that game.

This was a meaningful game to someone. It would be great if I had Kubes on speed dial & he'd take my calls during the game.

But alas.

The Texans (from top to bottom) probably don't feel good about this game. But they got a win & they can rest for few days. Gather themselves, and come back with a "good product" in Tennessee.

Kubiak almost gave this one away. But so did Matt, Andre, McCain, Harris (68) Bradie James, & Graham (17).

They deserve the rest & our support.
Old 11-22-2012   #25
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Wins barely soothe the ever growing concern that exists.

We're obviously all in this marriage together, so it's frustrating to know that we've pretty much hit our ceiling with him as our HC.

He's evolved only minimally, so yeah that sort of sucks to see the same draw play on 3rd and long...except way at the back end of the game when the Lions played the draw and we threw it to, IIRC, AJ. If Kubiak is doing that to someday crack out a better play, then I guess he finally decided today was the day to do it.

This defense, IMO, is cracking under the pressure of Gary's style of offense...the playcalling in particular.

I knew this would happen. I said the greatest challenge would be "Will this defense become so good that the offense leans on it too much?" Well, some chickens are coming home to roost.
Old 11-22-2012   #26
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Lol and his offense put up another 30+
As I have been saying for years he is a great OC but a bad HC. I actually agree with most of the OP. The play calls at the end of that first OT drive had me ripping the buttons out of my remote.

Turning his back and not being able to watch crucial FGs is very telling on how he coaches.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #27
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i know what u mean but a 51 yard kick is never a gimmie its a 50 50 chance but u know what on the Road OT game u go 4 the win right there Gahram kicked it pretty good and barely miss .... have no problem with

I do wish we would of thrown at least 1 safe bass in that end zone But What ever that outside run looked good he could of broke it but hey that lion player made a good tackle
My problem is the same thing that people have bitched about all year and for several years. It's 3rd and 14, and you run the ball with a terrible kicker to try and finish the game?? Sorrry, but that is stupid as hell.

Two things here.

1. People who stick up for Kubiak on his decision making for putting the game in the hands of Graham for a 51 yarder after what he has shown this season really don't know football that well. You don't run the ball on 3rd and 14 with Graham kicking FG's.

2. And people in this thread that think Detroit has a good defense are clueless. When you use NFL rankings to make a point, you show are little you do know.
Old 11-22-2012   #28
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
As a certified Kubiak basher even I'm getting tired of the Kubiak bashing. Jesus Christ, we're fricking 10-1 and just played two 5 quarter games in four days and won them both. Why on earth are we bashing Kubiak now?

Exactly. Can I just say that when both Thorn and myself are saying "Enough already!" it's really enough already.

We both bash Kubiak every time he screws up. We're good at it.

Give it a rest. Please?
Old 11-22-2012   #29
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Statistically, the Lions have the best offense and 10th best defense in the league. They are a lot better than their record shows. They just don't know how to win games in the end, which proved correct today. This was a tough win, against a good team, on the road, on 3 days rest after a 5 quarter game... Took some luck, but I'll take it!

Say what you wanna say about Kubiak, but its hard to argue with 10-1.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #30
Tango
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Tango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respectedTango is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
2. And people in this thread that think Detroit has a good defense are clueless. When you use NFL rankings to make a point, you show are little you do know.
No, it only shows that YOU don't know how to make a real argument, but only know how to spout out unsupported OPINION. Happy Thanksgiving!!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #31
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Have a happy Thanksgiving, Tex!
Brisket just got off of the smoker Marcus. It's looking pretty good.

You do the same.
Old 11-22-2012   #32
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
100% Agree.

We should have lost that game.

This was a meaningful game to someone. It would be great if I had Kubes on speed dial & he'd take my calls during the game.

But alas.

The Texans (from top to bottom) probably don't feel good about this game. But they got a win & they can rest for few days. Gather themselves, and come back with a "good product" in Tennessee.

Kubiak almost gave this one away. But so did Matt, Andre, McCain, Harris (68) Bradie James, & Graham (17).

They deserve the rest & our support.
McCain..... someone should meet him at the airport with a baseball bat. That man is useless. McCain, Ball, and Demps all combined aren't half the CB that JJo is when he's healthy. The defense is really worrying me. We're getting lit up weekly now and as the season goes on we're getting more and more banged up.
Old 11-22-2012   #33
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Look guys. Kubiak is a conservative coach. He's always going to play the odds & percentages. It will cost us some games, but most of the time, win us games. Once you accept this, you'll become a much happier texans fan!
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #34
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak is speaking on nfl network now
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #35
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
No, it only shows that YOU don't know how to make a real argument, but only now how to spout out unsupported OPINION. Happy Thanksgiving!!
No, if you think Detroit has a good defense you're either uninformed or you haven't watched them much. Their defense is horrible. And if you think that NFL rankings means diddly squat, well then you haven't watched football that long, because their system on rankings has never evolved around points which is what wins games and loses games.

And if you read anything in this thread other then the title which is all I can assume that you've read based off of your poor attempt to rebuttal anything, then you'd realize that it's Kubiak's decision making at the end of games that has been a huge worry for people for years and that's exactly what this thread is about.

But go ahead and act like you read something and rebuttalled what was actually stated. It might make you sound like you know something.
Old 11-22-2012   #36
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391709 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

And basically he just said all the couch coaches need to STFU - he called the same pass play to Casey the first series, the defense show a look which made them check out of it.
Old 11-22-2012   #37
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 6461 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My problem is the same thing that people have bitched about all year and for several years. It's 3rd and 14, and you run the ball with a terrible kicker to try and finish the game?? Sorrry, but that is stupid as hell.

Two things here.

1. People who stick up for Kubiak on his decision making for putting the game in the hands of Graham for a 51 yarder after what he has shown this season really don't know football that well. You don't run the ball on 3rd and 14 with Graham kicking FG's.

I was screaming at the tv wanting to know why he did that as well. I hated that play call with a passion. I also think he is a little over conservative at the end of games. But all that being said we won the game wether of not it was in spite of Kubiak or not. Enjoy the win a little. Dang. Goosfraba buddy. Goosfraba.
Old 11-22-2012   #38
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35954 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Two things here.

You know, that is your problem. You assume that everybody is dumber than you.

I have the sunday and ticket, I also have NFL shortcuts, which cuts down every NFL game in 30 minutes. I have watched at least 6 games of the Lions, at least. How many games have you seen of the Lions, seriously?

Their defense is not that bad, they might not be a top 10 defense like the rankings , but they aren't bottom 10. The Lions offense has been inconsistent, so the defense has had to pick it up. Nick Fairley has been playing out of his mind in the last couple weeks. He gave Aaron rodgers hell last week. I didn't even hear his name today.

So please, stop assuming that everybody is dumber than you and that your opinion is superior. Too me you're just Johnny raincloud.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #39
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Tex likes griping as his dressings for the Turkey.
I would just give him his fun.

We hear you Tex, but could you pretty please give it a rest until Monday and just be happy for the weekend.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #40
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Brisket just got off of the smoker Marcus. It's looking pretty good.

You do the same.
Aw man, Tex! Brisket!! I'm sitting here fuller than you know what, and you have my mouth watering! Enjoy!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read