Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Houston Texans @ Detroit Lions. 11:30. 11/22. **Official Thanksgiving Day Thread**

Happy Thanksgiving, fam!

Quote:
Following an uncharacteristic performance, the Houston Texans' defense won't have much time to prepare for another challenge.

The Detroit Lions own of one of the league's most prolific offenses, but history isn't on their side.

The AFC-leading Texans try to extend their four-game win streak when they play a Lions team trying to win its first Thanksgiving Day game in nine years.

Houston (9-1) ranks among the NFL's best defenses with 18.0 points and 299.2 yards allowed per game, but struggled to contain woeful Jacksonville in a 43-37 overtime victory Sunday.

The Texans, who hadn't allowed a touchdown in their previous two games, needed record-setting performances from Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson to help them rally from a 14-point deficit in the fourth quarter.

Schaub passed for 527 yards, tied for the second-most in an NFL game, and a franchise-best five touchdowns. Johnson posted career highs of 14 receptions and 273 yards - the most in the league since 2000 - and scored the winning touchdown in the extra period.

The Texans, though, also gave up a season-high 458 yards with Jacksonville's backup quarterback Chad Henne throwing for 354.

"We obviously didn't play up to our standard," coach Gary Kubiak said. "We gave up big plays. We had a few assignment issues, which is unusual for us. That's something we've got to fix."

Houston might have another test against the Lions, who rank second in the league with 401.7 yards per game. Those efforts, though, haven't translated into many wins.

Detroit (4-6) is coming off Sunday's 24-20 loss to visiting Green Bay, its fifth defeat by eight points or fewer. Matthew Stafford completed a season-low 43.6 percent of his passes (17 of 39) and one of his two interceptions was returned for a touchdown. The Lions, who have lost eight in a row on Thanksgiving since beating Green Bay in 2003, had four turnovers in all, bringing their season total to 18.

"Obviously I have to play better to give us a chance to win," Stafford said.

From Bucky Brooks of NFL.com
Quote:
Prediction: The Texans are the best team in the AFC, but they have been exploited by high-powered passing offenses this season. Detroit will challenge Houston's secondary with a host of deep throws to Megatron. While this tactic could keep things close for most of the contest, the Texans' efficient offense will eventually overpower the Lions in the fourth quarter. Texans 34, Lions 24
MORE PICKS: http://challengegames.nfl.com/pickem...me-day-morning
Quote:
What I want to see:

Test out the Lion safeties up top

Second game in a row that I'm actually advocating this. The Schaub to Dre connection has been a sight to behold recently, so let's test 'em.

Double that damn Decepticon...

...every single time. Look, this man...well, he's not a man. That's a machine. The DBs need to find a way to limit Stafford's throws to him. We all know Matt Stafford will toss him the pill at any time, even while double or triple covered. So, with that...

...GET. PRESSURE. ON. STAFFORD

I can't stress this enough. One of the reasons why Chad Henne skinned the defense alive was thanks to a lack of pressure. Need Barwin, Reed, Mercilus and some well timed blitzes to get to him early and often.

Run Arian Run

The Lions are, according to the numbers, a middle-of-the-road team in run D. Honestly, I don't care if they were #1 and only allowing 2.3 yards a GAME (not per carry), I still want to see us feature the run. Got to slow down their pass rush and keep a tough D-Line like Detroit's on the honest side.

Happy Thanksgiving, ladies and gents!! 10 years ago...hell, even 5 years ago, I never thought we'd EVER get a game on Thanksgiving. Now, just because we all get turkey today, doesn't mean anything has changed. 1-0 every single week, or in this case: 2-0! Be loud around your family, enjoy your feast, and have a happy, safe and pleasant Thanksgiving! LET'S MUTHA****IN' GO, TEXANS!!!!
Old 11-22-2012   #2
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78831 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Detroit Lions. 11:30. 11/22. **Official Thanksgiving Day Thread*

Let's go baby! Pumped up for this one. Same as usual....play smart and disciplined, take care of the ball, and good things will happen. I have to say I'm worried about Calvin w/o Joseph on him but we'll see what happens. Maybe we can let him get his and shut everything else down.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #3
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Detroit Lions. 11:30. 11/22. **Official Thanksgiving Day Thread*

Merril Hoge YOU ARE DEAD TO ME
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #4
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Let's go baby! Pumped up for this one. Same as usual....play smart and disciplined, take care of the ball, and good things will happen. I have to say I'm worried about Calvin w/o Joseph on him but we'll see what happens. Maybe we can let him get his and shut everything else down.
Is JJo playing?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #5
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Is JJo playing?
Last I heard he was a game time decision. Kubes said if he says he's good to go, they'll let him play.

Last edited by Allstar; 11-22-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #6
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #7
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Tomorrow is about Giving thanks,family,turkey and kicking the Lions butts.

GO TEXANS
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2012   #8
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

When was the last time Houston played on thanksgiving?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe I'm up at 3AM in the morning. I'm to old for this ****.

Go Texans!!!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #10
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
When was the last time Houston played on thanksgiving?
Back in the Oilers days if you are referring Houston team.

In 1992 Houston Oilers 24, DETROIT LIONS 21
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #11
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Happy to hear that someone is picking against us, always makes me nervous when everyone picks us.

Looking forward to the game, feeling confident enough, think we will be up for a good bounce back game.
Old 11-22-2012   #12
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

We must keep the dirty Suh away from Schaub at all costs.
Old 11-22-2012   #13
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78831 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, that's also what I'm terrified. Suh and Fairley are thugs. If Schaub gets injured, I quit.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #14
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Lets go kick some Lion butt! I want some of that to go with my turkey and dressing today

BTW, Happy Thanksgiving to all my online Texan friends, this is my one source for Texans info
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #15
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not as worried about Suh as I am about KJ stopping Megathron, or whoever we have covering him. Got a bad feeling he will wanna beat AJs stats from last week, just to prove HE is the supposed best! Our corners have GOT to play their best!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #16
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 21910 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope our guys put on a show
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #17
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's to the Texans having a Great Thanksgiving today!TCB for the W!
Old 11-22-2012   #18
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 59017 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Lions in the oven, feasting begins at 11:30.
Old 11-22-2012   #19
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 59017 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's wrap up some pro bowl spots today. Not that we'll have any players in the pro bowl. We're holding our party in New Orleans.
Old 11-22-2012   #20
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2070 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade says time to add a Lion to that trophy case.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read