Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2012   #41
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thanksgiving day 12:30 Eastern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
I'm somewhat confused here I guess. Are there actually Texans fans who will miss the game, or any part of it, to eat? I mean, you are eating in a house with a tv right? I wouldn't give a damn what anyone in the house thought, I would be watching the game. Especially if your are in your own home. And if I went to someone else's house I would lay the ground rules that at 11:30 am the Texans are on or I ain't coming. I actually did that with Aggies game before.
yeah, I don't get it either.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I'm somewhat confused here I guess. Are there actually Texans fans who will miss the game, or any part of it, to eat? I mean, you are eating in a house with a tv right? I wouldn't give a damn what anyone in the house thought, I would be watching the game. Especially if your are in your own home. And if I went to someone else's house I would lay the ground rules that at 11:30 am the Texans are on or I ain't coming. I actually did that with Aggies game before.
It's my house, but for us Thanksgiving has always been about family. I mean who cared about the Lions & Cowboys. This year is a little different. I'll DVR it before I put the fam on hold.

That is unless the boss (my wife) agrees.
Old 11-21-2012   #43
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52700 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
It's my house, but for us Thanksgiving has always been about family. I mean who cared about the Lions & Cowboys. This year is a little different. I'll DVR it before I put the fam on hold.

Even with it always being Lions and Cowboys, we've always had the games on for Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember. I can remember a couple of Oiler/Cowboy turkey day games. It's so much of a staple now (for me anyway), I just don't think it would feel like Thanksgiving if we didn't have the tv on football.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #44
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 69297 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

Wow you are a good man. In my house Texans game is most important. I love my family more than anything, and I kinda think of Bob, Gary, Matt, Arian, Andre and the guys as part of my extended family. If my son were playing on TV I would be watching. So we all need to include our Texans family in our Thanksgiving Day activities.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Even with it always being Lions and Cowboys, we've always had the games on for Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember. I can remember a couple of Oiler/Cowboy turkey day games. It's so much of a staple now (for me anyway), I just don't think it would feel like Thanksgiving if we didn't have the tv on football.
We did to, but we turned off the TV when it was time to eat. No one was that invested in the game that we couldn't walk away. We knew the Lions were going to lose & the Cowboy's game was always later, after we had our Thanksgiving Meal.
Old 11-21-2012   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Wow you are a good man. In my house Texans game is most important. I love my family more than anything, and I kinda think of Bob, Gary, Matt, Arian, Andre and the guys as part of my extended family. If my son were playing on TV I would be watching. So we all need to include our Texans family in our Thanksgiving Day activities.
Haha... it's all good. I'm still trying to get her to move it to 3:30..... then it's all good.
Old 11-22-2012   #47
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever your plans are for today my TT friends, have a WONDERFUL, safe, and very blessed Thanksgiving day!

I'm honoring the most wonderful person I have ever known, my MOM! As some of you know, I inherited my love for the game of football from her, as well as a few awesome holiday recipe's! She always had dinner done long before any football game came on, and I will do the same. Back in the "day" it was the annual Army/Navy game, then when UT/A&M started playing on Tg we watched them. Lots of wonderful memories of a diehard football fan, and a very awesome MOM! It makes me smile this morning just knowing she is up there in football heaven getting all set and ready to cheer our boys on to victory! I truly believe God gave her a rocking chair to sit in while she watches the game!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Happy Thanksgiving TTalk.....
Old 11-22-2012   #49
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, guys and gals!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read