Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-20-2012   #41
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Down 7 in the 4th, Watt dances after a sack

Oh, great. Now we got a problem with cheerleaders dancing.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #42
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72000 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow!!! 9-1 seasons are great!!! This team is kicking so much azz all we really have to complain about is the approprietness of a sack celebration and a momentary lapse of tackling ability in the secondary.

Life is good right now for the Texans Nation!!!
Old 11-20-2012   #43
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got no problem with anyone getting excited after they make a big play and giving a little celebration as long as they're not taunting with it. Using someone else's celebration flirts with the line of taunting as far as I'm concerned.

Frankly, I didn't even notice his celebration.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #44
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I've got no problem with anyone getting excited after they make a big play and giving a little celebration as long as they're not taunting with it. Using someone else's celebration flirts with the line of taunting as far as I'm concerned.
You mean like when he taunted Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews as the Packers were whooping that ass on SNF?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #45
jjjezebel
ˇAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11835 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Oh, great. Now we got a problem with cheerleaders dancing.

I was just saying the juxtaposition made it a little uncomfortable. I generally have no problem with the cheerleaders. I think they're great.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #46
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care what they do or when they do it, as long as they win the game.

In this case, had we lost - I'm ok b/c it had special meaning.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #47
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 6350 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone agrees that football is a game that is meant to played with emotion and intensity, but heaven help you if you express that emotion in any way. The players are the ones who put their health at risk, yet a lot of fans think it's their place to register their disapproval if they "don't play the right way." Screw that. All of you Church Ladies out there need to lighten up. If other players have a problem with Watt's celebrations, they would do something about it. Also: 9-1.
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #48
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Third Man View Post
Everyone agrees that football is a game that is meant to played with emotion and intensity, but heaven help you if you express that emotion in any way. The players are the ones who put their health at risk, yet a lot of fans think it's their place to register their disapproval if they "don't play the right way." Screw that. All of you Church Ladies out there need to lighten up. If other players have a problem with Watt's celebrations, they would do something about it. Also: 9-1.
Thank you, Bryan Brahman, LOL.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #49
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Shhhh.... you wake up Thorn.
I was already awake, wondering WTF was going on on my TV. LOL

That was quite a game.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #50
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Thorn isn't the only old a$$ curmudgeon around here. Don't forget about JB. He may not post much anymore, but I bet he still lurks!!
Oh not just JB, I'm only 5-6 months behind Thorn.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #51
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1023 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Watt is showing emotion I have no issue with it.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #52
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Watt promised those Berry kids who lost their parents that he would do a dance just for them. It was called "The wheelchair". He did it to bring up the spirits of injured children.

being 9-1 is like it's May on a message board...

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...erry-children/
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #53
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I know I'm going to get crucified for this . . .

But when I saw him dancing after the sack, I commented out loud, "WTF is he doing dancing when we're losing?"

I wasn't cool with it then, and I'm still not. I don't care what reason he had. It just looked bad. There's a time and place, and then there's a time and a place. And celebrating when you're losing is not the time or the place.
Well I guess the alternative was him not doing it and having the kids wonder why...

It's not like we were getting blown out at the time. It was a big play at the time.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #54
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Oh not just JB, I'm only 5-6 months behind Thorn.
Couple of kids.

Old 11-21-2012   #55
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Couple of kids.

LOL. I hope I live to your age. I think. Perhaps lets just say I hope I still have my wits about me when I'm in my 70s as you seem to have.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #56
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
LOL. I hope I live to your age. I think. Perhaps lets just say I hope I still have my wits about me when I'm in my 70s as you seem to have.

Better have you wits about you if you hang around this site.

Some sharp cookies here to keep you on your toes.

Old 11-21-2012   #57
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
It's not like we were getting blown out at the time. It was a big play at the time.
I don't agree with Rey often but this is right on. It was a big play at a important time in the game. I don't see how anyone could have a problem with it. Now if we were getting blown out or the game was essentially over then and only then is it not kosher to celebrate a good play.

Really a ridiculous thread! Rates right down there with all the "all encompassing" Threads.
Old 11-21-2012   #58
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I don't agree with Rey often but this is right on. It was a big play at a important time in the game. I don't see how anyone could have a problem with it. Now if we were getting blown out or the game was essentially over then and only then is it not kosher to celebrate a good play.

Really a ridiculous thread! Rates right down there with all the "all encompassing" Threads.
Did you even read the original post?
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read