Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-22-2012   #61
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BR predicts 12-4 season for Texans - What Say You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
But if you're right, first thing one will do is thump their chests.

The Texans and Dex's opinion aside, that's for everyone who says "I hope I'm wrong".
That stems from the back-and-forths on here among posters, rather than someone desperately hoping to be proven right (about the negative outcome).

Look, all guys give each other hell all the time about sports stuff. We get attached to our opinions. And we give hell to one another for our differing opinions. So IF a person had a negative view, and that person was being challenged on that negative view, then IF the time comes that the outcome is indeed a negative outcome...the so-called chest thumping is not celebrating the negative outcome, it's instead focused toward the posters who challenged the person on the issue.

In the end, whether we are right or wrong is often times more important to us than whether our prediction was positive or negative in its basic nature. We all want to show that we know what we "see" and that we see things better than the other guy does.

It's just what guys do. THAT is our little section of drama, I suppose.
Old 07-22-2012   #62
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Oh wow, it's like a post from pre-season 2010. It's like you say the same thing every year, imagine that.
And 2011 was the first time the team's performance put them with the elite of the NFL.
Imagine that. Despite Gary's annual 3-game losing streak, the team finished 10-6.

That is one thing I would like to change from EVERY year Kubiak has been here.
He's had at least one 3-game losing streak in every season. That is something
that could completely de-rail a season. Last year, it cost us the #1 seed.
Old 07-22-2012   #63
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Right now I'd say 11-5, but I really have no idea. Things are looking good, but you never really know.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012   #64
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53040 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

ThaShark is right. People who constantly thump the same exact agenda year-in, year-out NEVER actually hope they're wrong.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012   #65
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
ThaShark is right. People who constantly thump the same exact agenda year-in, year-out NEVER actually hope they're wrong.
Take a look at my sig. You'll see a pattern was broken last year (9-3) and
I was ECSTATIC. I want to see a lot more of what happened in 2011,
minus the 3-game losing streak. Nobody wants to be wrong about Kubiak
more than me.

Go Texans!
Old 07-23-2012   #66
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
But if you're right, first thing one will do is thump their chests.

The Texans and Dex's opinion aside, that's for everyone who says "I hope I'm wrong".
If they are right, I have no problem with the chest-thumping. If they have the insight to see something different from the herd, why not?
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #67
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I bet we won't see conservative Gary much at all in 2012
What a maroon..... some of you should have took that bet.

Still. I see a lot of 11-5 predictions in this thread. A few 12-4s a couple worse.

Six games left in the season, to go 11-5 the Texans would have to lose 4 of the next 6 games. Highly possible with this coaching staff (Kubiak in particular... ok, I'm talking about Kubiak explicitly).

What say you? 11-5?

Old 11-21-2012   #68
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 17856 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

It's very possible because we have the head coach that will authorized such a record.
I show you what I mean:
On 3rd & long this season, over 90% of plays have either been draws or short safe passes and screens. Plays that is designed to setup punting space, NOT to get first down to extend a drive.
Two words that sum up Gary Kubiak: Safe and content. 'No need to finish the season 15-1. Relax boys. Just take a knee against the Colts game. Oh T.J., go out there, dink and dunk with Forset and Martin.'
That's how I see it. Then when playoffs begin we escape with a victory because our starters were severely rusty from lack of competitive action.
And we'll lose the next game to a team that finished the season strong as opposed to taking a kneel down.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #69
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105102 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

The same head coach that OC'd his way to two superbowl rings?
Yep, that guy. Obviously his strategies don't work, because he only has two superbowl rings.
Old 11-21-2012   #70
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105102 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Though I will say... we should keep our starters in for the Colts game. Crush their hopes of making the playoffs as a wildcard. Crush their dreams.

I hate the Colts.
Old 11-21-2012   #71
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I think there are only, at most, two regular season loses in our near future. That makes us 13-3 and probably own home field advantage through out the playoffs.

Which is something I would have NEVER said before the season started. The Texans are doing much better this year than I expected them to. I love it, I love it, I love it.

Go Texans!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #72
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
On 3rd & long this season, over 90% of plays have either been draws or short safe passes and screens. Plays that is designed to setup punting space, NOT to get first down to extend a drive.
This comment would have more bite if we weren't 9-1. I understand what you're saying & in a vacuum I think you have a point. But those games ended in wins & most of them weren't even close.
Old 11-21-2012   #73
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's very possible because we have the head coach that will authorized such a record.
I show you what I mean:
Two words that sum up Gary Kubiak: Safe and content. 'No need to finish the season 15-1. Relax boys. Just take a knee against the Colts game. Oh T.J., go out there, dink and dunk with Forset and Martin.'
That's how I see it. Then when playoffs begin we escape with a victory because our starters were severely rusty from lack of competitive action.
And we'll lose the next game to a team that finished the season strong as opposed to taking a kneel down.
Do you watch other teams? Because this is the norm for most teams as to not risk a turnover and to play the field position aspect of the game.
Old 11-21-2012   #74
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 17856 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

That TD by Blackmon came on a 3rd and long.
Foster fumbled came on a draw on a third and long.
Two contrast of play calling nearly cost us that game.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #75
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And what's the records of the two teams?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #76
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah difference is we were 8-1 and they were 1-8 what did they have to lose ??? We on the other hand are 9-1 while they are 1-9 so all in all lets just keep doing what we've been doing which has been working.
Old 11-21-2012   #77
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Brilliant observation
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #78
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In OT, with 2:36 left, Jacksonville has the ball with 4th & 10 at the Houston 47. The conservative call would be to punt the ball inside the 20, make Houston drive 60+ yards to get into field goal range within 2:30 to win the game.

Instead, Jax gets aggressive and goes for the win. They don't convert and Houston only needs to gain 20+ yards to get into field goal range. We know what ended up happening.

Alot of times, aggressive play calls don't work and DO cost the game.

Everyone makes a big fuss about Kubiak's conservative play calling, and how many games it may have cost us... but no one mentions how many games it has won for us.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #79
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You have to take risks when you're desperate.

If you've got the better team, you play to win. And playing to win, despite what you think, is to play it safe and minimize mistakes. Let the other team make mistakes and take advantage of them.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #80
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And that was a short, safe pass that he took to the house because our defense missed tackles.

A.J.'s winning TD came on a short, safe SCREEN pass that he took to the house.

Whut's yer point?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read