Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-20-2012   #141
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson allowing only 2.5 receptions and 35 yards per game

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Yes, safety help was kinder to Glover and Jason as compared to KJax.

I said that.

And that was why Allen was let go and Quin was moved to safety.
What part(s) don't you understand? P=
Ummm ur saying Glover was moved to safety, and Allen let go because safety help was better to their side ? Ummm Glover still comes up and plays man a lot not to mention he was always on the opponents #1 WR not covering guys like the no name raiders player who had a career day against KJ.

Look i agree KJ has turned into one hell of a cover corner and usually one of the best tackling CBs in the league, BUT if he does get beat than lets just accept it for what it is. I have no doubt he will be back to this seasons KJ again on thanksgiving day.
Old 11-20-2012   #142
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1022 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Defense just had a letdown game after big win after the Bears. Yes it sucked but Texans pulled out a win and some games can be ugly for one side of the ball.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #143
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Ummm ur saying Glover was moved to safety, and Allen let go because safety help was better to their side ? Ummm Glover still comes up and plays man a lot not to mention he was always on the opponents #1 WR not covering guys like the no name raiders player who had a career day against KJ.

Look i agree KJ has turned into one hell of a cover corner and usually one of the best tackling CBs in the league, BUT if he does get beat than lets just accept it for what it is. I have no doubt he will be back to this seasons KJ again on thanksgiving day.
Look, I have no problem saying that KJax got beat soundly by a no-name (to most) WR from the Chargers on a double move (FYI, I already knew that the guy had that move and had talked about him in the draft section even though he went Undrafted.) You didn't know who he was but I did, OK?

As for the rest of your relying on memory, I have no comment.
I have already said many times that Quin saw a lot of action in the slot.
Your assertion that he's on the #1 receiver holds no ground.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #144
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Look, I have no problem saying that KJax got beat soundly by a no-name (to most) WR from the Chargers on a double move (FYI, I already knew that the guy had that move and had talked about him in the draft section even though he went Undrafted.) You didn't know who he was but I did, OK?

As for the rest of your relying on memory, I have no comment.
I have already said many times that Quin saw a lot of action in the slot.
Your assertion that he's on the #1 receiver holds no ground.
Just cause you knew who the WR was means squat, and the fact that i still dont know his name or what team he plays on makes it even worse. Who was on the opponents #1 WR most of the time then since Quin was "always" in the slot. AND it was more than one play KJ got beat against the no name WR
Old 11-20-2012   #145
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Yes, safety help was kinder to Glover and Jason as compared to KJax.

I said that.

And that was why Allen was let go and Quin was moved to safety.
What part(s) don't you understand? P=
Eugene Wilson was also let go as well as Bernard Pollard.
Old 11-20-2012   #146
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just cause you knew who the WR was means squat, and the fact that i still dont know his name or what team he plays on makes it even worse. Who was on the opponents #1 WR most of the time then since Quin was "always" in the slot. AND it was more than one play KJ got beat against the no name WR
Dude, the reason I engage you is because I think you're a good fan of the Texans.
I highly suggest that you look up websites that have valuable informations about secondary play.
Enjoy the ride.
Old 11-20-2012   #147
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Dude, the reason I engage you is because I think you're a good fan of the Texans.
I highly suggest that you look up websites that have valuable informations about secondary play.
Enjoy the ride.
Just saying that from my "memory" Quin was on opponents #1 WR the majority of the time.

Either way I have eaten crow and said KJ has turned into a hell of a CB.
Old 11-20-2012   #148
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Bottom line, you thought Kj sucked, you probably even called him a bust. However, looking back, it appears you don't know what you're looking at. Yes, Kj got burned by a no named receiver a few times. Wade watched the same plays you did & came to the conclusion '76 did. Kj had the talent to be a starting cornerback in this league & Glover Quin did not.

Kj made some bad plays. You can't seem to separate a bad play from a bad player. '76 can.

Maybe you know all you need to know about football, but this, "Kj sucked" deal is getting tired. '76 puts a lot of time into his analsys, he provides commentary & still shots & his opinion of how a particular play breaks down. Back then, he left himself open to being wrong & asked for everyone's opinion on the matter.

But you (& a few others) attacked his analysis & never provided any evidence to support your opinions. "Kj fell down, he sucks." Arian falls down, a lot. Does he suck? KMart falls down, a lot. Does he suck?

You thought it was a knock on Kj that he shared time with Jason Allen, '76 said it was a development tool. A trick Wade borrowed from Kubiak. Who ever saw a CB getting relieved like that? Well, whoever saw a LT getting relieved the way Duane Brown did? Did Duane Brown suck?

Like I said, maybe you know everything you need to know... or maybe a little humility would go a long way.
Old 11-20-2012   #149
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Bottom line, you thought Kj sucked, you probably even called him a bust. However, looking back, it appears you don't know what you're looking at. Yes, Kj got burned by a no named receiver a few times. Wade watched the same plays you did & came to the conclusion '76 did. Kj had the talent to be a starting cornerback in this league & Glover Quin did not.

Kj made some bad plays. You can't seem to separate a bad play from a bad player. '76 can.

Maybe you know all you need to know about football, but this, "Kj sucked" deal is getting tired. '76 puts a lot of time into his analsys, he provides commentary & still shots & his opinion of how a particular play breaks down. Back then, he left himself open to being wrong & asked for everyone's opinion on the matter.

But you (& a few others) attacked his analysis & never provided any evidence to support your opinions. "Kj fell down, he sucks." Arian falls down, a lot. Does he suck? KMart falls down, a lot. Does he suck?

You thought it was a knock on Kj that he shared time with Jason Allen, '76 said it was a development tool. A trick Wade borrowed from Kubiak. Who ever saw a CB getting relieved like that? Well, whoever saw a LT getting relieved the way Duane Brown did? Did Duane Brown suck?

Like I said, maybe you know everything you need to know... or maybe a little humility would go a long way.
didnt read past the 2nd line of your dumb ass response. This was not between us, this was between me and 76 and stuff that was said a long time ago. As i have said i have eaten my crow so what did your rant accomplish, i still dont agree with 76, cause KJ DID suck back then AND NO it was'nt cause the damn safties were biased against him. He sucked and he has now improved so what it dont change the fact that he DID suck when i said he sucked.
Old 11-20-2012   #150
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
didnt read past the 2nd line of your dumb ass response. This was not between us, this was between me and 76 and stuff that was said a long time ago. As i have said i have eaten my crow so what did your rant accomplish, i still dont agree with 76, cause KJ DID suck back then AND NO it was'nt cause the damn safties were biased against him. He sucked and he has now improved so what it dont change the fact that he DID suck when i said he sucked.
Wade saw what '76 did. He started Kj from day one. You thought Glover was better. Wade disagreed, moved him to safety. Kj made some bad plays, but he's & always has been a good player.
Old 11-20-2012   #151
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Wade saw what '76 did. He started him from day one. You thought Glover was better. Wade disagreed, moved him to safety. Kj made some bad plays, but he's & always has been a good player.
WHEN did i say Quin was better, please find where i said this, NO i said that he covered opponents #1 WR majority of the time. Big difference in my wording compared to yours. And the fact remains KJ sucked in the 2010 season, blame who are what you want, but in 20 years people wont remember who the D.C was or who the safties were they will remember who the CB got that got torched at a historic pace during the 2010 season.
Old 11-20-2012   #152
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
WHEN did i say Quin was better, please find where i said this, NO i said that he covered opponents #1 WR majority of the time. Big difference in my wording compared to yours. And the fact remains KJ sucked in the 2010 season, blame who are what you want, but in 20 years people wont remember who the D.C was or who the safties were they will remember who the CB got that got torched at a historic pace during the 2010 season.
Dude, the nickel back does not cover the #1 receiver almost all the time.
Old 11-20-2012   #153
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Dude, the nickel back does not cover the #1 receiver almost all the time.
OK so in 2010 who was the guy covering the opponents #1 ?
Old 11-20-2012   #154
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Quote:
OK so in 2010 who was the guy covering the opponents #1 ?
Why do I have to be the one who does all the work?

I have already responded to Jamesbill on this matter.
You just need to read more, no offense alright!
Old 11-20-2012   #155
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:

Typing the guys name is work ??? Let me guess there is some complex coverage where KJ was actually covering the #1 and #2 WR, Quin covered the #3 and both safties helped quin thats why he played better than KJ.
Old 11-20-2012   #156
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:

Dude i found ur response to James bill, u said "in the redskins game" KJ was the true #1. Ok wow he got to be the #1 for 1 game ??? Apparently he was the #2 vs the chargers and mr NO NAME WR. I dont get your point, its like your dancing around the question
Old 11-20-2012   #157
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Dude i found ur response to James bill, u said "in the redskins game" KJ was the true #1. Ok wow he got to be the #1 for 1 game ??? Apparently he was the #2 vs the chargers and mr NO NAME WR. I dont get your point, its like your dancing around the question
I also said Travis Johnson, Okoye, F. Bennett, A. Molden, Tony Hollings, sucked

I did on the other hand like Jason Babin who has had a pretty good career and become a dominant pass rusher in the last few years.

Did Kj suck back then,,,your damn right he did.
Old 11-20-2012   #158
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
76 has never been critical of KJ. It was always some other player or some situation that caused KJ to fail.

A Safety helped Allen but wouldn't help KJ. A safety slid to the wrong side to provide help to the other CB. The pre snap alignment was wrong. On and on and on.

Just because a guy has terminology, and do some screen shots, doesn't mean much if that same guy is always acquitting one single player over and over. Any one of us could skew data and explain things to fit an agenda; that someone constantly showed us how KJ was wrongly indicted for failure is what drove me to no longer engage in the conversation.

I just got tired of the constant excuses and the 25-shot sequences to prove KJ got hosed by someone.
Old 11-20-2012   #159
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
76 has never been critical of KJ. It was always some other player or some situation that caused KJ to fail.

A Safety helped Allen but wouldn't help KJ. A safety slid to the wrong side to provide help to the other CB. The pre snap alignment was wrong. On and on and on.

Just because a guy has terminology, and do some screen shots, doesn't mean much if that same guy is always acquitting one single player over and over. Any one of us could skew data and explain things to fit an agenda; that someone constantly showed us how KJ was wrongly indicted for failure is what drove me to no longer engage in the conversation.

I just got tired of the constant excuses and the 25-shot sequences to prove KJ got hosed by someone.
You can get tired of whatever. The undisputed fact is that KJax is your starter.
Fine if you guys think that he sucked.
What I wanted to ask you is what was your prediction of what he will turn out to be after that "disastrous" season.
And let just end the discussion at that.

EU already admit that he was wrong on that part.
By his own admission, there was no way in hell that a guy like KJax can improve.

What was your take?
Old 11-20-2012   #160
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
You can get tired of whatever. The undisputed fact is that KJax is your starter.
Fine if you guys think that he sucked.
What I wanted to ask you is what was your prediction of what he will turn out to be after that "disastrous" season.
And let just end the discussion at that.

EU already admit that he was wrong on that part.
By his own admission, there was no way in hell that a guy like KJax can improve.

What was your take?
Thats not what he's saying. He is saying how every time KJ failed in his rookie season you ALWAYS had an excuse or someone else to blame for his failure,,,,,,which i agree with GP. Did KJ suck in 2010 ? Hell yeah he sucked, does KJ suck now ? No he has improved a 100 times over.

But all i am saying is that at the time when all this crap started i said he sucked, and he did.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read