Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-20-2012   #21
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans can clinch NFL playoff berth Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Meh. Just win out and go 18-1 for 2012. That would be tons better than NE's 18-1 season.
Ha! Damn right. And just as good as Chicago's 18-1 season.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #22
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Houston Texans can clinch NFL playoff berth Sunday

Doing my Spicoli impression from Fast Times at Ridgemont High
"Awesome.....totally Awesome"

rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153912 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

My plan would be to keep winning the next one....
Old 11-20-2012   #24
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
If you mean by the "bitter end" the Super Bowl and that we're playing in the it, I agree.

If you mean that we won't know whether we've made the playoffs until the last week of the season, then I think that's nuts.

So which is it?
I'd rather be in a dogfight to the bitter end. Being the first to the dance has a tendency to take the pressure off too long and lose focus. There have been way too many times that a team with the best record get its clock cleaned in its own house by some wild card team that's loose, and has everything to gain, and nothing to lose.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #25
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 223239 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I'd rather be in a dogfight to the bitter end. Being the first to the dance has a tendency to take the pressure off too long and lose focus. There have been way too many times that a team with the best record get its clock cleaned in its own house by some wild card team that's loose, and has everything to gain, and nothing to lose.
I'll never understand that mindset.
It's the freakin' playoffs. EVERYONE is in the "everything to gain, nothing to lose" situation.
It's Win or Go Home for everybody.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #26
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64231 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I want the home field advantage but part of me doesn't want a bye. We seem to always be sluggish after a bye. We're a momentum team more than many others, it seems.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #27
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 223239 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I want the home field advantage but part of me doesn't want a bye. We seem to always be sluggish after a bye. We're a momentum team more than many others, it seems.
I hear what you're saying but it'll be tough to have the one without the other.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #28
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
You just want to watch more Texans football, admit it!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #29
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Well if you get a bye week you can pretty much count that as a win. I would rather have more time to get every as healthy as possible for the play-offs.
Old 11-20-2012   #30
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15475 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

I am hoping that the Colts draw the Broncos in the wildcard round.

Would be fun to watch at least.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #31
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

If a fan doesn't want a playoff spot locked up in November, I have to really wonder about that fan.

It ranks up there with fans who get bummed if we don't face a fully stacked opponent. I mean, Lord forbid we have an easier game because opponents have significant players out of a game.

I have a feeling those fans also love Kubiak's "Get Cute" play calling episodes. After all, it wouldn't be fair to defenses if we played our cards straight.
Old 11-20-2012   #32
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you mean that we won't know whether we've made the playoffs until the last week of the season, then I think that's nuts.

So which is it?
Nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Remember that one year when Shanahan's Broncos went 8-0 to start the season and then went 0-8 to finish it and missed the playoffs.
I think you're referring to the 2009 season where Josh McDaniels began his had coaching career 6-0, then the Broncos went 2-8 the rest of the way.

12 of the past 14 AFC Champions had a 1st round bye. I'm hoping the Texans get that bye, myself.
Old 11-20-2012   #33
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

hell yeah get that bye. a week off will make our guys hungry and we got a qb who hasnt played in the playoffs. man talk about an itch.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #34
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hear what you're saying but it'll be tough to have the one without the other.
Not just tough but impossible. The two bye teams will have the home-field advantage in the divisional round of the playoffs.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #35
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as it would be nice to clinch that playoff spot this week, how about going into Tennessee and kicking their ass to wrap it up next week? That would be sweet.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #36
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
As much as it would be nice to clinch that playoff spot this week, how about going into Tennessee and kicking their ass to wrap it up next Sunday? That would be sweet.
right and then we whip the pats just for fun
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #37
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
right and then we whip the pats just for fun

It would certainly BE fun but that game with the Pats will almost certainly be very meaningful.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #38
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I think you're referring to the 2009 season where Josh McDaniels began his had coaching career 6-0, then the Broncos went 2-8 the rest of the way.
I'm just getting old and my memory isn't as trustworthy as I think it is.

I conflated McDaniel's 6-0 start with Shanahan's last season where he was sitting at 8-5 and lost the last three games. Either way, they both had promising starts to their seasons go down the tubes. Which was the point I was trying to make in a befuddled and brain-addled way.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #39
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll never understand that mindset.
It's the freakin' playoffs. EVERYONE is in the "everything to gain, nothing to lose" situation.
It's Win or Go Home for everybody.
I fully expect this team, the way they are playing, to have a playoff spot wrapped up, if not this week, it will be the next, and I'm perfectly fine with that. The likelihood of them "taking it to the bitter end" is about as likely as an actual day going by without GP pulling wild-eyed sh!t out his ass.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #40
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

win these next 3 games and we clinch THe Number 1 Seed

lose 2 games and we will be the Number 2 seed

lose 3 and we will have to play a WC game

O we can just pray NE and Denver IMplodes and makes it easy 4 us ..... LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read