Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-20-2012   #121
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub #2 all time, passing yards in a game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

I want him to play with that, "We're down by 14" attitude all the time.
Sounds to me like you want another guy drafted and traded by Atlanta .... That guy has the most TD passes and the .... most INT's in NFL history.
Brett Favre .... Dude had the gunslinger attitude all the time.

Im content with Schaub and Kubiak allowing the score to dictate when to take chances and when not to assume unnecessary risk.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #122
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1023 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is a elite qb this year and without him Texans are not a playoff team.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #123
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I would think it's Kubiak's call.

Minimize the risk of turnover and we can win every game.

That's why we had to let Jacoby and Holliday go even though they are both electric returners.
Kubiak shouldn't have a say in it. I'm not asking for plays to be called differently, I'm not asking for Matt to take any more chances than he did Sunday.

Y'all are saying he isn't Brees, or Rogers.. Sunday, he looked just as good as any of the elites to me. He was put in do or die situations for most of the game & he did.

He did what he had to do, to get us a TD when we needed it, to get us a first down when we needed it.

He didn't take what the defense gave him, he dictated what we were going to do.

He played like an All-Pro yesterday, not a game manager, not a "good enough" QB. He played like the guy we need him to be to take us to Super Bowl, & not the guy who won't get in our way.
Old 11-20-2012   #124
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubiak shouldn't have a say in it. I'm not asking for plays to be called differently, I'm not asking for Matt to take any more chances than he did Sunday.

Y'all are saying he isn't Brees, or Rogers.. Sunday, he looked just as good as any of the elites to me. He was put in do or die situations for most of the game & he did.

He did what he had to do, to get us a TD when we needed it, to get us a first down when we needed it.

He played like an All-Pro yesterday, not a game manager, not a "good enough" QB. He played like the guy we need him to be to take us to Super Bowl, & not the guy who won't get in our way.
Still a concerted agreement between HC/OC and the QB
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #125
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Jacksonville has a horrible defense, particularly against the pass. They decided to sell out against the run. The Texans took exactly what the defense gave them. The defense played soft to avoid the big play and left the middle open. The Texan TEs at up the middle of the field and AJ had a field day driving underneath on the edge. This is about Kubiak. Schaub's job is to execute the game plan. He does that. Often, the game plan is to protect the ball at all costs... or, to hand off 10 times in a row to set up a deep pass via play action. The Texans are not designed to be, nor do they want to be a QB-centric offense. I would find peace with that... or, you will continue to be frustrated as the Texans continue to win with regularity.
Old 11-20-2012   #126
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm not going to say any more on the matter. You all will never understand the criticism Matt Schaub gets. & I'll never understand settling.

Matt Schaub has what it takes to be elite. We've seen it. If y'all don't see the difference between the way he played Sunday compared to the way he played every other game this year (beyond the play calls & the formations), then I don't know what to say.

He's a pro-bowl alternate, that's the way he normally plays. Sunday, he was a front runner, a favorite, 1st team all-pro. Better than Manning, better than Brady.
Old 11-20-2012   #127
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not going to say any more on the matter. You all will never understand the criticism Matt Schaub gets. & I'll never understand settling.

Matt Schaub has what it takes to be elite. We've seen it. If y'all don't see the difference between the way he played Sunday compared to the way he played every other game this year (beyond the play calls & the formations), then I don't know what to say.

He's a pro-bowl alternate, that's the way he normally plays. Sunday, he was a front runner, a favorite, 1st team all-pro. Better than Manning, better than Brady.
I get that he has that ability and you want him to exert that ability more often .... I also see understand that football is a game of circumstances.

Its more about when you take your shots than how many ... that affect the Win column.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #128
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I get what you're saying. Schaub seems not to play with that fire-breathing sense
of urgency on every snap that you see out of Manning, Brady, Roethlisburger, or
Brees. He has the same command of THIS offense as those guys have of their
respective offenses, but he does not play with that urgency unless the team is down
a couple of scores.

It frustrates me just the same, and as the season goes on, I think he'll start
to assert himself more. Our defense is good, but it can't afford have the offense
continue to expose it by not converting 3rd downs.
Old 11-20-2012   #129
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If y'all don't see the difference between the way he played Sunday compared to the way he played every other game this year (beyond the play calls & the formations), then I don't know what to say.
Well I for one haven't seen it.

Plus I will take the word of AJ who said Schaub came into training camp and has played throughout this season with a renewed and enhanced determination which is readily felt in the huddle. 4-5 of his teammates including Arian, Meyers and Duane Brown all agreed with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I get what you're saying. Schaub seems not to play with that fire-breathing sense of urgency on every snap that you see out of Manning, Brady, Roethlisburger, or Brees. He has the same command of THIS offense as those guys have of their respective offenses, but he does not play with that urgency unless the team is down a couple of scores.
610 am was just discussing this and I agree with them, the gist of which was you are drawing an incorrect conclusion from not seeing what you deem correct or typical. Schaub doesn't scream and yell as much as many QB's. That does not mean he is less intense, less determined or less in command of the team.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read