Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012   #981
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans. 11/18. Noon. **Official GameDay Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I dont know why they didnt open the roof. That first down chant also doesnt help, especially in a quick no huddle.
I read on another site that they were having technical problems with the roof, and couldn't get the roof open past the 20 yd line, or something like that. Who knows! I do know Kubiak likes the roof closed, so IMHO he should make the call.

As for the noise, it'll never change. Our wagon is overflowing with fans that don't know squat about football. I'm not blaming them, its just that they think they are at a high school or college game where there are no rules when it comes to the O being on the field. Hell, at high school games the band plays, the cheerleaders are making noise, and fans in the stands are going nuts. Some folks just DON'T know!

I'll probably get blasted for this, but, a huge majority of our fanbase is football illiterate. Owning a PSl does not make you football smart either. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard DIEHARD fans pull for the defense when the offense is on the field! Sometimes it's like a training session. I find myself teaching fans not to yell when the offense is on the field, and the next week I have to repeat myself cause there are new fans in those seats. It's ever changing, and some fans don't go to enough games to understand. Sometimes it's very frustrating!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #982
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264425 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans. 11/18. Noon. **Official GameDay Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
As for the noise, it'll never change. Our wagon is overflowing with fans that don't know squat about football. I'm not blaming them...

I'll probably get blasted for this, but, a huge majority of our fanbase is football illiterate.
I honestly don't think that was the problem. It wasn't an issue, imo, until the end of the game when we were fighting our way back into it.

As has been mentioned before, it was one big play after another, it's kinda hard not to get excited. They were going no huddle so the excitement just bled over.

But to my recollection, the fans got quite when the offense got set.

I don't think we could ask for anything more. I don't think we should.
Old 11-19-2012   #983
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

we should stop the first down chant they shouldnt even announce it over the speakers it makes to much noise
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #984
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 135847 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

They do with a Toro graphic. Not everyone obeys.
Well then...

Guess we're stuck w uneducated "fans" in the stands. It's even worse when Schuab is out there flailing his arms trying to get the crowd to calm down so he can hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #985
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Well then...

Guess we're stuck w uneducated "fans" in the stands. It's even worse when Schuab is out there flailing his arms trying to get the crowd to calm down so he can hear.
Half of them are drunk is my thinking, LOL
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #986
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone else notice offsides on kickoffs?

I recalled that the Jaguars seemed to have players cross the line of scrimmage on kickoffs, prior to the kick. No calls. Seems blatantly obvious for officials to watch for.
Old 11-20-2012   #987
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post

I recalled that the Jaguars seemed to have players cross the line of scrimmage on kickoffs, prior to the kick. No calls. Seems blatantly obvious for officials to watch for.
Really, I didn't pay attention. Think I will go back and check it out.
Thanks
Old 11-20-2012   #988
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Really, I didn't pay attention. Think I will go back and check it out.
Thanks
I just blitzed through TIVO and for sure, at Jag's kickoff after their 20th point. Then again, at 34 pts.
Old 11-20-2012   #989
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I saw a couple of borderline instances, nothing blatant to be honest. I don't think the refs are gonna call them.
Old 11-20-2012   #990
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I just blitzed through TIVO and for sure, at Jag's kickoff after their 20th point. Then again, at 34 pts.
Lemme take another look later.
Old 11-20-2012   #991
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
20th point. Looks borderline, I don't think they would call it.

34th point; they were well behind the line.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the refs here, TB.
Old 11-20-2012   #992
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching the replay our tightends are the key to this offense
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #993
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Watching the replay our tightends are the key to this offense
As long as Kubiak is the coach, I think TE play will be more significant than WR play.

I think we rely on play design more than exceptional skill to move the ball on offense.

It is why I don't anticipate a WR being taken early in the draft anytime soon.
Old 11-20-2012   #994
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn if I didn't know who won .id be crazy right now
Old 11-20-2012   #995
Wolf
100% Texan

Watt with tips again

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read