Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-19-2012   #121
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones is looking good....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't even care anymore. I follow one team and only marginally pay attention to what former Texans do. Jacoby is just another Baltimore Raven at this point.
Exactly.

People fall in love with players and follow them to their new team like a lovestruck teenager who has a poster of Bieber on their bedroom wall.

"OMG! Look what he's doing with another team!"

So what.

I mean, do we do this on every single player who leaves the Texans? Or is it just fun to find the ones who go on to actually DO something and build it up as a thing of "Man, look what we had and let get away from us!"???

The Broncos fans probably aren't on their message board talking about Chris Myers right now. Are they?

It's so silly. For every Jacoby Jones who goes on to have a good season (or more) there are a dozen David Carrs who don't. Our batting average is pretty good, in terms of who we let go and what they do for their new teams. Leach and Ryans are probably the two standout players out of a pile of players we've let go. Jacoby MIGHT turn out to be in the Leach/Ryans group, but it's one season right now.
Old 11-19-2012   #122
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

When the Ravens get here in the playoffs...Every Texas who was part of the LOSS last year should remember his SEASONS of inept play. They should remember EVERY play he ever screwed up. Every ball he ever dropped and the fact that his bone headed play COST THEM a trip to the AFC Championship and light him up like a Christmas tree. They should show him a molecule of mercy.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #123
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

The same people hatin' on Jacoby, spent the same amount of passion
being in love with David Anderson. Some were even comparing his skillset
with Wes Welker.

Jacoby's still in the league. Your boy David Anderson is on his couch watching
Conan O'brien. Get over it.
Old 11-19-2012   #124
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
with Wes Welker.

The same people cryin that we let Jacoby go were the same people cryin that we extended his contract .... or that we hadnt cut him before the fumble in the Baltimore game.

Jacoby has world class speed .... but his decision making was suspect here in Houston.

Im happy for the guy tho , seems the change of scenery did him a world of good.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #125
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 85564 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
always a race thing with you

i defended jacoby as long as anyone here. i wanted him to do well because regardless of realization, the potential was always there. he failed to realize it because IMO there was a sense of entitlement. mental errors and flaws in his game kept him from being his best. now that he's had a wake up call "wait, i can be cut?!?!", he's shown that small school mentality and aggression that we drafted him for. still one of the most immature players in the league, and shows signs of being a bit of a head case, but it's obvious that he's taking football MUCH MUCH MUCH more seriously now than he did as a texan. forget the runs, forget everything else - watch the way he fields the ball ... there's a focus that didnt exist here, a football mentality that he took for granted.

that immaturity however is why i cant fault those expecting the worst. he's going to settle in (again), believe his hype (again), and blunder a great opportunity (again). he's shown me he's a football player again, but has yet to prove an ounce of accountability.
Old 11-20-2012   #126
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
always a race thing with you

i defended jacoby as long as anyone here. i wanted him to do well because regardless of realization, the potential was always there. he failed to realize it because IMO there was a sense of entitlement. mental errors and flaws in his game kept him from being his best. now that he's had a wake up call "wait, i can be cut?!?!", he's shown that small school mentality and aggression that we drafted him for. still one of the most immature players in the league, and shows signs of being a bit of a head case, but it's obvious that he's taking football MUCH MUCH MUCH more seriously now than he did as a texan. forget the runs, forget everything else - watch the way he fields the ball ... there's a focus that didnt exist here, a football mentality that he took for granted.

that immaturity however is why i cant fault those expecting the worst. he's going to settle in (again), believe his hype (again), and blunder a great opportunity (again). he's shown me he's a football player again, but has yet to prove an ounce of accountability.
The only thing I don't like about this explanation & explanations like this, is that Jacoby hasn't had any off-field "issues" for at least a year. I want to say 2 years.

And, Arian talked about Jacoby like a brother, and mentioned on several occasions how he, Jacoby, & Casey would work out after practice when everyone was gone.

So I think he got over the immaturity thing & left Houston as a true professional.
Old 11-20-2012   #127
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
with Wes Welker.

That's a flat out lie.

I've bashed David Anderson as hard as I did Jacoby. In fact, in the camp and preseason leading up to his last year here (last season) I even went so far as to say that Jacoby's production AND his upside was significantly larger than David Anderson.

I know plenty of people, hell if not the majority of us, who disliked David Anderson being a constant presence on this team.
Old 02-03-2013   #128
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jacoby, I cant hate No Mo

Dude has stepped up for the Ravens.

I still believe he cost us that game, but cant hate no more.

Dude was just money!
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #129
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9598 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Speechless. Good for Jacoby. Status quo for Houston sports teams.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #130
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

While I'm happy for Jacoby, Leach, and Pollard, it just makes me sick to see all the players we lose, cut, or trade go to other teams and win championships or become big play makers like Holiday. I know a lot of it is cap related, especially last year, but I'm getting concerned we will continue to bleed our talent out and never win a championship. It seems like a team has to hit in the draft every year with 3 or 4 players just to keep their team in the playoffs regularly. I keep wondering what would have happened if we could've kept Winston, Brisiel, and Jacoby, and Cushing was healthy all season. I still think we are close but they will have to have another great draft to help us get to the top.

Also, I think Jacoby should have been at least co-MVP with Flacco. They wouldn't have won without him. Way to go Jacoby! You got your ring! Just wish it would have been with the Texans.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #131
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

should rick smith be fired seriously its not hes been hitting some stealler Draft picks in rounds 2-7

lets face it JJWATT was a wade pick

Pollard leech JJ and holiday

bottom line is he payed the wrong players

butt what gets me is on paper he made all the right decesions

Pollard sucks in coverage

No wayyy u pay a FB 12 million

and Jones was average here
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #132
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
should rick smith be fired seriously its not hes been hitting some stealler Draft picks in rounds 2-7

I don't quite understand this post. You're saying he made the right decision by getting rid of Pollard, Leach & Jones? Then what's your gripe?

And who exactly are the wrong players he paid? Manning, Joseph, Smith? Bottom-line, the Texans can't pay every player that plays well for the team.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #133
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

We, in Baltimore, thank you...
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #134
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I don't quite understand this post. You're saying he made the right decision by getting rid of Pollard, Leach & Jones? Then what's your gripe?

And who exactly are the wrong players he paid? Manning, Joseph, Smith? Bottom-line, the Texans can't pay every player that plays well for the team.
i meant i would of prob made the same decesions but obvs Rick payed the wrong people should of payed thoes guys and got rid of someone else
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #135
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i meant i would of prob made the same decesions but obvs Rick payed the wrong people should of payed thoes guys and got rid of someone else
He paid the wrong people? Like who? I would rather have Manning than Pollard. I would rather have Joseph than Leach... Who are the wrong people he paid?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #136
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 55784 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

My gripe would be the fact the Texans let Leech walk to pay Jacoby Jones, then cut Jones like a year or so later...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickspatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #137
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
While I'm happy for Jacoby, Leach, and Pollard, it just makes me sick to see all the players we lose, cut, or trade go to other teams and win championships or become big play makers like Holiday.
All those players were cut or let go. Pollard & Leach we didn't want to pay them so we let their contracts expire. Jacoby & Trindon, straight up cut...

I understand where you're coming from, but it doesn't bother me that these guys go on to find success, especially guys like Trindon & Jacoby who wouldn't be in the league if not for the Texans taking a chance on little known talented players.

What upsets me, is that we get nothing for them. Trindon & Jacoby were draft picks. Pollard we only had for one year & he was a standout in KC already. Someone would have picked him up anyway, so it would have been difficult to get anything in return for him.

Leach, was unknown & under appreciated before he came here though. They knew they had a commodity there & they knew they weren't going to pay him. They pay Jacoby, KDub, & Winston & had to let Leach go.

:smh:
Old 02-04-2013   #138
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
My gripe would be the fact the Texans let Leech walk to pay Jacoby Jones, then cut Jones like a year or so later...
The Texans FO needs someone who knows how to work the cap. This stuff is ridiculous. I totally forgot that the reason they let Leech go was to sign Jones. The Ravens know how to do it.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #139
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
The Texans FO needs someone who knows how to work the cap. This stuff is ridiculous. I totally forgot that the reason they let Leech go was to sign Jones. The Ravens know how to do it.
We are right up against the cap- no way this team even resembles teteam that just won the Super Bowl. So many Free Agents to be re-signed....
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #140
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

This was never about jacoby. Or Joe Marciano. This is about kubiak. He is too uptight as a coach. You can tell just by looking at his face on the sidelines. He gets that upset stomach face. He doesn't look at field goals. He's not confident. You can tell with how schaub plays. Kubiak is so afraid of mistakes that much of the team doesn't play loosely. They get so knotted up when big games come around.

Trindon and jacoby have had the same natural ability they have now since they came into the league. But before kubiak puts guys like that on the field he has to make sure they know how much he hates mistakes. So what you have is a bunch of guys that are thinking too much and not letting their natural ability shine. You have Kevin Walter starting for multiple years and Ben Tate not getting carries.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read