Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-13-2012   #181
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Adrian Peterson arrested in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You honestly think a guy in a bar at 2 a.m., who had been told to leave numerous times, is innocent of all this??? Or that it needs wait-and-see privileges???
Yes, I do.
Old 11-14-2012   #182
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

nice
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #183
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The bad thing is even though AD was proven innocent, there's no telling how much $$$$ it cost him in lawyer fees, all because of a hot headed cop and the DA's office teming up in a form of colusion.

The $$$$ doesn't matter to Peterson. But they sure do when this happens to the common man and yes this kind of stuff happens all of the time to the common man. It's happened to me. Cost me $5,000 to prove my innocence and people wonder why there's no trust of the judicial system in this country.

There would be alot less charges brought if the losing side had to pay attorney fees and that would put a stop to most of this BS.

BTW, Rusty Hardin is a bada** in the court room. A modern day Racehorse Haynes.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #184
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm trying to figure out if this was dropped because it was bogus 100% or just nifty maneuvering by a great lawyer.

Sorry, I just won't accept the idea that Adrian Peterson did nothing to warrant the situation. We're living in an age where everybody practically gets a sympathy vote on everything, i.e. reelection of a really, REALLY bad President.

And this, for me, is not black/white race issue. I think this is more to do with his celebrity status. If Justin Bieber had been in those shoes, I'd be just as slow to believe Bieber's side of the story, too. You generally don't get much attention in a bar at 2 a.m., from the cops, unless you're asking for it. /GP'sDiscussion.
Old 11-14-2012   #185
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out if this was dropped because it was bogus 100% or just nifty maneuvering by a great lawyer.

Sorry, I just won't accept the idea that Adrian Peterson did nothing to warrant the situation. We're living in an age where everybody practically gets a sympathy vote on everything, i.e. reelection of a really, REALLY bad President.

And this, for me, is not black/white race issue. I think this is more to do with his celebrity status. If Justin Bieber had been in those shoes, I'd be just as slow to believe Bieber's side of the story, too. You generally don't get much attention in a bar at 2 a.m., from the cops, unless you're asking for it. /GP'sDiscussion.
Or it could be that he was innocent of charges that never should have been brought against him in the 1st place.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #186
TexansJohn 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 0 TexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I used to think the way you did until it happened to me. Our crime? We were driving in the aftermath of Rita in a banged up car and were stopped. My buddy, who was driving, had a conceal-carry license.

Though we did not get arrested (as we did NOTHING worng), the cops put us in the back of their vehicle while they completely searched his car....and stole his $400 "hurricane" cash!!!

Yes, I too was one that used to always believe a policeman's testimony in the court was always true and that the defendant was lying. I no longer believe that after my experience. Not that I think that ALL policemen are bad, but I do know that some police officers collude with one another and are corrupt.

In this instance, I have to give the benefit of the doubt to AP.
TexansJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #187
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm happy to read that AD's foundation is making the holiday a happy event for a few more families.

http://palestineherald.com/local/x19...t-Texans/print
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #188
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I'm happy to read that AD's foundation is making the holiday a happy event for a few more families.

http://palestineherald.com/local/x19...t-Texans/print
Thanks for posting that SS. Good on AP. That was a good "Feel Good" story.

REP to you.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read