Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2012   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Down 7 in the 4th, Watt dances after a sack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Damage control? Now I feel like you're coming dangerously close to questioning his character.
I can imagine what Jj would say about what someone like that thinks about what he does.
Old 11-19-2012   #22
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Anytime someone makes a big play that can potentially put their team back in the game or on top, I don't see the problem.

What's the fun if they can't get the offense hyped up who are about to go out on the next possession. Being old and grumpy is dumb in my opinion...haha

If it were for a reason or not, at that point in the game, I was celebrating with him. Now I see it had a double meaning.
Shhhh.... you wake up Thorn.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #23
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Damage control? Now I feel like you're coming dangerously close to questioning his character. If JJ says he did it for the Berry kids then I believe him. No one would throw these kids in the mix to try to cover their butt. You can not like the fact that he did it, but to think its damage control is just recklessly silly in my book. He's been nothing but stand up since he's been here, broke out a new move, and explained why he did. I'm sure he was asked what that meant and he said why.

For the record I thought he was doing the cat daddy when I first saw it. Search youtube Kate Upton doing the cat daddy and you'll see what I'm talking about. You can thank me later.
Exactly. The guy took the kids to a Bieber concert. Who does that if they don't truly care?

Doing a celebration after a big play when the game is close isn't bad. We were down 7 to GB when he got the sack on Rodgers and took off the Belt. Was that a problem?

Cam's Superman antics when they are losing big show a different mentality.

I have no problem with Watt's move regardless of the reasons.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #24
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

So when Watt got the sack, did anybody cheer? Yeah, I get that it's pretty dumb to celebrate when you're getting blown out, or you make a tackle 15 yards downfield, but it was a 7 point game. A game where a single play can change everything. Even if this wasn't for the kids, I don't see what's wrong with it and I too am someone who doesn't care much for the dancing and stuff after big plays.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
Exactly. The guy took the kids to a Bieber concert. Who does that if they don't truly care?

Doing a celebration after a big play when the game is close isn't bad. We were down 7 to GB when he got the sack on Rodgers and took off the Belt. Was that a problem?

Cam's Superman antics when they are losing big show a different mentality.

I have no problem with Watt's move regardless of the reasons.
I don't have a problem with a guy celebrating in most cases, as long as it doesn't get too elaborate & if it's done with good sportsmanship in mind.

I don't like when they try to mock other players. Superman, that's Cam's thing. He brought that to the NFL & I thought it was fresh, original, & fitting, because he looked like Superman last year.

I don't like all the guys who are out there mocking Cam right now. That's just not right. I didn't like Jj Watt throwing down the belt..... poor sportsmanship in my mind.

I don't like elaborate celebrations..... Jacoby's dance takes 15 seconds.

I don't like celebrations in lost cases.... down by 24, I'm fine with a celebration if there is a reasonable chance that you can come back & win the game. Down by 24 with 2 minutes to go & you just scored a TD...... keep it brief, keep it classy. You just sacked the back up QB because the starter sat down 3 possessions ago since they are up by 20+ points..... it's kinda hard to stomach a celebration of any kind.
Old 11-19-2012   #26
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I don't have a problem with a guy celebrating in most cases, as long as it doesn't get too elaborate & if it's done with good sportsmanship in mind.

I don't like when they try to mock other players. Superman, that's Cam's thing. He brought that to the NFL & I thought it was fresh, original, & fitting, because he looked like Superman last year.

I don't like all the guys who are out there mocking Cam right now. That's just not right. I didn't like Jj Watt throwing down the belt..... poor sportsmanship in my mind.

I don't like elaborate celebrations..... Jacoby's dance takes 15 seconds.

I don't like celebrations in lost cases.... down by 24, I'm fine with a celebration if there is a reasonable chance that you can come back & win the game. Down by 24 with 2 minutes to go & you just scored a TD...... keep it brief, keep it classy. You just sacked the back up QB because the starter sat down 3 possessions ago since they are up by 20+ points..... it's kinda hard to stomach a celebration of any kind.
Damn... you got more rules and clauses than the income tax code.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #27
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2895 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can you imagine if he didn't do his dance?

Let's say we were down 35, and he got the sack.

Is he going to tell the kids?

"Hey Guys, Sorry for breaking our promise here. I care deeply about what the media and the guys over at Texanstalk think. I am certain that I will be condemned by the public, so in the interest of preserving my self-image, I broke our little promise. But hey guys, don't worry, at least everyone else still loves me."
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #28
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

The play after that was pretty nasty huh? I believe that was the 3rd and 21 for a 90 yard TD...

Completely off subject but why does no one have any smart comments about the all-blues or all-whites uniforms? Why is all-reds the only one? I think the all-blues look weird.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #29
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 811 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo82 View Post
Can you imagine if he didn't do his dance?

Let's say we were down 35, and he got the sack.

Is he going to tell the kids?

"Hey Guys, Sorry for breaking our promise here. I care deeply about what the media and the guys over at Texanstalk think. I am certain that I will be condemned by the public, so in the interest of preserving my self-image, I broke our little promise. But hey guys, don't worry, at least everyone else still loves me."
This. The guy made a promise not only to do his dance, but that he would get a sack. Keeping his promise here is bigger than the game of football, even if it rubs some fans the wrong way. Those same fans will love him again come Thanksgiving.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #30
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ watt while a great player celebrates too much. he has a finger waive for block passes, a salute for sacks, and something I forget TBL. I like it, because it is my guy, but he never (or better rarely) just makes a play gets up a goes back to the huddle.

Nice that one was for a "reason," but he has plenty of bits n his own accord.
Old 11-19-2012   #31
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Damn... you got more rules and clauses than the income tax code.
I think therapy is in order.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #32
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Shhhh.... you wake up Thorn.

Thorn isn't the only old a$$ curmudgeon around here. Don't forget about JB. He may not post much anymore, but I bet he still lurks!!
Old 11-19-2012   #33
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
The play after that was pretty nasty huh? I believe that was the 3rd and 21 for a 90 yard TD...

Completely off subject but why does no one have any smart comments about the all-blues or all-whites uniforms? Why is all-reds the only one? I think the all-blues look weird.
They don't look half as weird as those damn ketchup bottle all reds. I'd rather look at those striped prison uniforms that the Steelers wear than those God awful things. YUCK!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #34
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't care honestly.

It would be one thing if they were down 21 or something...but they were down 7, it was still a very winnable game and he had made a big play as sacks always are.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
They don't look half as weird as those damn ketchup bottle all reds. I'd rather look at those striped prison uniforms that the Steelers wear than those God awful things. YUCK!
I liked the red ones until they went to those shiny all red ones. Those made them look like Ketchup packets.
Old 11-19-2012   #36
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's the ****ing man. Simple as that.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #37
stonewhite
Veteran

Rep Power: 6691 stonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respectedstonewhite is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4On-ZdtUqrE
stonewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #38
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Well if that one damned comment from resident lame ass Tony Kornheiser is what makes you think those Steeler bumblebee tuna uniforms aren't the worst thing any franchise in any sport in any period of time EVER.....I just can't help you. The all-blues are exactly as strange any.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #39
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ Watt has done so much this year for the Texans. Leave him alone.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #40
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11836 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Yeah, it bugged me a bit too, but it was still a stop of sorts.

The cheerleaders dancing right in front of a downed player bugged me FAR more. It was really strange.
I had far more problems with this, than anything J.J. did or didn't do. I know it's part of the whole 2:00 warning thing, but it just seemed really inappropriate.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read