Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2012   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Roof open tomorrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
What a waste of money.
I heard this on the radio & thought it was the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Waste of money? pssh..

That stadium has been standing for 10 years & that roof has been open many times. Heck, I remember a time when people would complain about the roof being open, especially in the heat of the summer which is why the started the 80-50 rule.

Now, Gary is trying to instill a homefield advantage & is taking advantage of every variable in his control.

If it helps, if the team thinks it helps, keep that fukar closed. Next year, or the year after, or the year after that, whenever they feel like they don't need the gimmick, open it up.

Just because we decide not to open it in 2012 does not make it a waste of money.
Old 11-19-2012   #22
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
RUMOR only!!

I read on some website, don't remember which, it's the Internet ya know, that they had some kind of mechanical problem that would not allow the roof to open entirely. Who knows, and who cares, really!!! Kubiak should have the final say IMHO!

Update:

Reliant Stadium Roof just put on IR for the rest of the season, for broken spindle housing. They are doing an MRI later this week.
Old 11-19-2012   #23
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What a waste of money.
My thoughts exactly. What a ridiculous waste of money.

Paul McCartney played Minute Maid last Wednesday. The concert started at 9pm and the temperature was in the upper 40's by the time the concert was over. But it was a spectacular clear, crisp evening and nobody gave a damn about a little chill in the air.

The Texans are just silly about this.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #24
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 31037 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Update:

Reliant Stadium Roof just put on IR for the rest of the season, for broken spindle housing. They are doing an MRI later this week.
Sounds pretty serious. Is this something the roof can recover from 100% before next year, or is this a lingering type issue that makes it more likely to keep breaking down in the future? We need to get CND's analysis of this!
Old 11-19-2012   #25
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87319 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I heard this on the radio & thought it was the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
This is the second time you've called me dumb or called me out about something I post. People here are allowed to say things that you don't agree with. I didn't go to your thread about what freaking time a game starts that kicks off 12:30 EST and call you a moron for not understanding how time zones work.

People paid a lot of money and actually might like to be in an open-air atmosphere. I know I do. And when the weather permits the 2-3 times a year to watch a game without a roof I think it oughta be open. And the retractable roof cost a hell of a lot more money than just having a damn roof full-time so maybe we could've saved taxpayers money.

Sorry if you don't agree but I promise you I'm no idiot. I'm also not an attention whore who posts in every freaking thread to the tune of 300+ posts a month.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
This is the second time you've called me dumb or called me out about something I post.

I didn't go to your thread about what freaking time a game starts that kicks off 12:30 EST and call you a moron for not understanding how time zones work.

Sorry if you don't agree but I promise you I'm no idiot.
Honestly, I'm not picking on you. If anyone else made the "wasted money" comment I'd have quoted that post. Ten years, the roofs been open before. The roof will be open again. We didn't open it yesterday, that does not constitute a waste of money. Never is a mighty long time.

It's not that I think you are intellectually challenged, haven't given it much thought, usually don't get that personal on the internet. But...

That thread has gone 2 pages now, 20 replies. Maybe it's not really about the time zones.

Just saying.
Old 11-19-2012   #27
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah. Roof closed and we got blasted by the a/c. It was cold. I think I would've been able to yell louder if I wasn't shivering!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #28
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

pfffft... We're a dome team anyways. Right NBC?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #29
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Will be interesting to see if the league urges the Texans to open the roof for the playoffs, as MLB did with the Astros.
Old 11-19-2012   #30
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bud Selig would have heard our preference and illegaly ordered the opposite.
Old 11-19-2012   #31
TexansFanatic
Extremist

The roof was closed for the playoff game against Cincy in January. Anyone remember what the weather was like that day?

EDIT: Never mind.....found it. "It’s partly cloudy with weather in the mid-70′s in Houston on Saturday. There is no chance of rain. But we suspect the Texans will keep the roof closed because it creates a bigger homefield advantage."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lose-roof-yet/
Old 11-19-2012   #32
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
The roof was closed for the playoff game against Cincy in January. Anyone remember what the weather was like that day?
the only thing i remember is the atmosphere was LOUD with a 100% chance of kicking ass.
Old 11-20-2012   #33
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
pfffft... We're a dome team anyways. Right NBC?
Yup. The indoor/finesse team nobody knew could get physical until they show it on national TV. Even after, we're still that indoor/finesse team!!
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read