Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2012   #61
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sharpton Activated; Troy Nolan Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I didn't think of him as nothing but depth. He proved me wrong, he's a play-maker, maybe just a hair below Cushing, but he's a play-maker.
Did you move to Colorado?
Old 11-19-2012   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Did you move to Colorado?
Why do you ask?
Old 11-19-2012   #63
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why do you ask?
Because saying Sharpton is a hair below Cushing indicates you have been smoking something.
Old 11-19-2012   #64
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because saying Sharpton is a hair below Cushing indicates you have been smoking something.
Just saying he had a good game.
Old 11-19-2012   #65
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Sharpton showed some things.

He was decisive in some of his reads, penetrated, and blew some plays up. We haven't seen that sort of play from our LBs since Cush left. That's the problem with Bradie James. He reads the plays right but then just sits in the hole. That allows the RB to see him and go another direction. If he'd just penetrate and attack the RB, he'd make a lot more plays.

Sharpton's probably got the talent to be OK in coverage but he needs the reps to learn his assignments better. Hopefully, he'll be better this next week.

Overall, I was pleased with his performance.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #66
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought you were refering to thin air and he was not thinking clearly. lol I just wished we had a LB on roster anywhere near Cushing's ability.
Old 11-19-2012   #67
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the general "rule" is such that you expect a 4th rounder to be a decent backup. If he turns out to be a solid backup (which I think Sharpton is) you're ahead on the investment return. If he can be a spot starter (which Sharpton was last year), you're doing even better.

However, he needs to be healthy to contribute; on this end, Sharpton represents a negative so far.

The net effect, IMO, is a push at the moment.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #68
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235987 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
.... Dude had a pretty solid game today.
He did, nice to see some proactive moves by an ILB. Been lacking without Cush.

I saw his interview -- on local 13, maybe -- and he looks and sounds like somebody recognizable, but I couldn't quite put my finger on who???
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #69
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought we played him too much and as a result there were a few 3rd downs they got away with.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #70
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hook, line and sinker beautifully done

Sharpton's return gives us back a part of what we lost in Cushing though, I imagine as long as he regains full fitness his snap count will get pretty high after a few weeks of bedding in. Best LB on the roster right now.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #71
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I didn't think of him as nothing but depth. He proved me wrong, he's a play-maker, maybe just a hair below Cushing, but he's a play-maker.
I wouldnt go that far , Cushing's just another animal alltogether .... I still think Dobbins is the better player overall , especially in coverage. But he did play well .... and has potential for improvement.
Kinda eases the mind a bit knowing they have some talent at the position for the rest of the season , ILB had me really concerned going forward.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #72
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 166542 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wouldnt go that far , Cushing's just another animal alltogether .... I still think Dobbins is the better player overall , especially in coverage. But he did play well .... and has potential for improvement.
Kinda eases the mind a bit knowing they have some talent at the position for the rest of the season , ILB had me really concerned going forward.
He did have some nice plays, but he was miserably out of position or slow to react on others.......something I saw pre-injury. We'll have to see how or if he develops.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #73
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I don't know that I've ever seen Dobbins play behind the LOS. I could be wrong, but Sharpton was back there a few times yesterday coming back from a bad injury.

Yeah. It's just one game, & I'm probably going a little far putting him on par or even close to Cush. But we need someone, like Cush, who will play on the other side of the line.
Old 11-20-2012   #74
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 166542 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Sharpton has already found his way back on the Injury Report...........hip, neck and knee.
Old 11-20-2012   #75
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Sharpton has already found his way back on the Injury Report...........hip, neck and knee.
Wade just said that Sharpton and James will be the starters Thursday.
Old 11-20-2012   #76
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Wade just said that Sharpton and James will be the starters Thursday.
Any news on Dobbins?
Old 11-20-2012   #77
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Any news on Dobbins?
They just said he has a banged up shoulder and did not practice. Will be a game time decision as will Posey, J-Jo and Tate
Old 11-20-2012   #78
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
They just said he has a banged up shoulder and did not practice. Will be a game time decision as will Posey, J-Jo and Tate
Thanks.

It doesn't sound good for Dobbins when Kubiak announces the starter already.

Wait, game day is tomorrow; OK, so that's not too early to name a starter.
Old 11-20-2012   #79
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Not a good sign that Posey is getting injured when he's barely on the field
Old 11-20-2012   #80
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Thanks.

It doesn't sound good for Dobbins when Kubiak announces the starter already.

Wait, game day is tomorrow; OK, so that's not too early to name a starter.
?????

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read