Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2012   #21
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Here's to Old AJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
With a SB ring he would probably get in for sure. Without one it might be sort of tough. AJ's numbers are great in yards and but he'll lack TD numbers. I think he has a good chance, but it might take him a while on a the voting ballots.
wont take long if he does play 3-4 more years, and i think the texans have a great shot to win a SB by then. Plus he can still put up big numbers and i think he will eclipse 14 to 15 K by the time he retires, but he could play as long as Rice baring injuries and get way up there on the list.
Old 11-18-2012   #22
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

From the other AJ thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Andre's Day

7 yards
22 yards, 29
45 yards, 74
I
I
15 yards, 89
23 yards, 112
7 yards, 119
13 yards, 132
I
Halftime
6 yards, 138
20 yards, 158
7 yards, 165
14 yards, 179
35 yards, 214
Overtime
11 yards, 225
I
I-intercepted
48 yards, TD

19 Targets, 14 receptions, 273 total yards

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #23
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Did anyone hear the radio interview with aj at the end of the game? Aj was sayibg "people think im old and slowing down..." and I missed the rest of it. Anyone catch that?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
He said "...but what do they think about that?"
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #24
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Well if he's slow as an ox he's still strong as an ox. Bull rushed his way into the endzone for a victory. Andre the Giant.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I never bought into this idea that AJ had "lost it" when many in here were saying that all season.
I think he's lost it. I don't care what anyone says. He used to be able to stretch the field, he didn't yesterday, or any game this year.

He's a different receiver now, playing at that same All-Star level, but much different than the way he used to.

YAC.... that was another big thing for Andre. Other than the game winning TD catch & run, his YAC was down for the game.

He kept the chains moving, he kept getting open. But he's lost what made him special & found something else.
Old 11-19-2012   #26
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Mofo acting like the forgot about 'Dre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5a93wABHNM
Nice! Repped. Haven't heard that jam in a long time, very fitting, they should have been bumping that in the locker room after the game.
Old 11-19-2012   #27
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think he's lost it. I don't care what anyone says. He used to be able to stretch the field, he didn't yesterday, or any game this year.

He's a different receiver now, playing at that same All-Star level, but much different than the way he used to.

YAC.... that was another big thing for Andre. Other than the game winning TD catch & run, his YAC was down for the game.

He kept the chains moving, he kept getting open. But he's lost what made him special & found something else.
Agreed

But, he's still a special player with an outside shot at the HOF. Cutting his hamstring is what made him lose what you're talking about. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #28
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

After yesterday im positive they'll start giving him that same treatment again
ThaJokaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #29
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

IIRC, the first 3 plays were to Andre, have Texans ever done that before?
Old 11-19-2012   #30
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Agreed

But, he's still a special player with an outside shot at the HOF. Cutting his hamstring is what made him lose what you're talking about. IMHO
I'm with you. But he's going to have to be a Super Bowl MVP before he gets a shot at the H.O.F.
Old 11-19-2012   #31
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Nice! Repped. Haven't heard that jam in a long time, very fitting, they should have been bumping that in the locker room after the game.
Yall know me, still the same OG! (OR OT, Original Texan)
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #32
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Yall know me, still the same OG! (OR OT, Original Texan)
Yeah ive been low key
Hated on by most of these receivers with no with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys
No boats, no snowmobiles and no ski's

(Didnt have to edit anything LOL, it all seemed to fit)
ThaJokaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #33
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

I need the Doc to confirm this, the majority of males pass their prime around the age of 28 (???) so if you call that "lost it", that's fairly normal.

Obviously, there are deviations, but let's just call this the norm for AJ.
The next question is then "how much"?

On this, I'm thinking not much at all.
On the 45yd pass play, he beat triple-team downfield.

The LCB played the corner route; one safety helped bracketed him (this guy never bought the play fake.) The other safety was reading Schaub the whole time and saved the TD. If AJ runs any faster, he would overrun Schaub's throw.

I call that stretching the field, don't you think?

And he had blown by people several times. I think he did it twice in the Broncos game (on top of my head.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
And he had blown by people several times. I think he did it twice in the Broncos game (on top of my head.)
I'll have to go back & look, but I believe those were double moves.

I don't think it's a negative, I think it's a good thing. Players come into the league with nothing but talent. The guys who last, who play well into their twilight years, it's because they've adapted & got smarter.

Heins Ward, Jerry Rice, & Rod Smith come to mind. Even Rod Smith the CB/Safety, they got better with age when their physical talents wavered, because they got smarter & won the mental aspect of the game.

Randy Moss is the only guy I can think of who played a long time because of his physical talents at WR...... but he was a freak from day one.
Old 11-19-2012   #35
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

There's no such thing as a coincidence,

Yesterday's game ticket...

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #36
altexan
waterboy

Section: 635

Indeeeeddd. Dre deserves a superbowl ring for staying loyal to this franchise through all thie bads and goods.
altexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #37
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
There's no such thing as a coincidence,

Yesterday's game ticket...

Very fitting! Love it.
Old 11-20-2012   #38
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Matt Bowen (a ex-NFL safety who played 7 years in the league) break down AJ's winning TD here:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...day-plays.html

Our safeties would better be ready if the Lions will show this look again us or not here:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...n-Johnson.html

Also, the breakdown on Manning's INT in the Bears game here:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...2Man-2716.html

Note: Those links are not for EU, who doesn't believe in safety help.
Old 11-20-2012   #39
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I never bought into this idea that AJ had "lost it" when many in here were saying that all season. I remember AJ beating over guys in pre season looking like the same guy. He just needed more reps for the offense to get him the ball and they have in the last few games. This is a running team either way.

This was AJ's best game of his career though. I loved it! He broke his own records and won the game on a huge play that he took to the house. AJ will always be the man.

Totally agreed. Never bought into it either. Still the best WR in football, don't care what anyone says. Him and Calvin are clear 1 and 1a.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012   #40
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Also, the breakdown on Manning's INT in the Bears game here:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...2Man-2716.html
wow, it doesnt matter where this throw goes, it's going to get intercepted. the bears dont have a receiver who could be remotely considered open. that folks is blanket coverage with nothing but a simple man/2. if we could get our OLB's to pass rush, this is what will win playoff games.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read