Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2012   #1601
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Hello my old friend. We meet again.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Old 11-18-2012   #1602
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
And a lot of people left early and missed out an exciting game, LOL
The score board was screwed up. Some people didn't know we were going to overtime. They thought we lost when we missed that field goal. The people next to me came back halfway through OT. Said he didn't know.
Old 11-18-2012   #1603
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady.Gaga.3000 View Post
I saw it coming. As soon as AJ caught that ball into FG territory, I knew Kubes was gonna go ultra conservative. Why not keep attacking for a better percentage FG? We had 2 timeouts. I know I wasn't the only one who saw that coming. Someone back me up here. Settling for a long FG even pre-false start.
That we made the FG (the pre-false start one) tells me it was the right strategy.

By the way, what would you have called? End zone shot? Stretch play? Screen? Did you NOT see the Jags going back into deep zone protecting against the deep ball? What would you have called?
Old 11-18-2012   #1604
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
That we made the FG (the pre-false start one) tells me it was the right strategy.

By the way, what would you have called? End zone shot? Stretch play? Screen? Did you NOT see the Jags going back into deep zone protecting against the deep ball? What would you have called?
If I was coach we would have been up by 3 touchdowns.
Old 11-19-2012   #1605
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Even with two turnovers leading to points prior to that ? Along with the two missed FG's ?!

Buddy Ryan punched Kevin Gilbride over the chuck and duck .... He'd probably hug Gary for his offense.

This team is 9-1 ..... and won an overtime game where:

They lost the turnover battle including one deep in their end of the field.

The defense gave up three plays of 63 yards or more

Gave up three TD's on third down and long

Had two missed FG's ... one made taken away by a penalty

Has a two game lead on everyone in the conference for home field thru-out the playoffs .....

And people still wanna complain about Kubiak.

Is your wonderlic lower than this guy's ----->

Some of you will complain if his team wins the Superbowl ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Old 11-19-2012   #1606
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109144 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

The is strong with this thread
Old 11-19-2012   #1607
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

& some guys won't complain if his team doesn't.

At no time during the game did I ever think.... "damn, we suck!!" or Gary sucks, or anything like that. I thought, "Those Jags are playing inspired football."

They didn't make any mistakes until late in the 4th. They protected their QB. They mixed up their play calls, they had enough movement on Defense to make Schaub rethink his pre-snap reads.

It wasn't like we were playing sloppy football, we were doing what we always did & dammit, a division team didn't fall for the rope-a-dope.

At the same time, we saw some of our limitations.
  1. Arian Foster falls down with minimal contact.
  2. Forsett didn't seem to have a problem running to the right
  3. Owen Daniels is our deep threat
  4. If it's not Jj Watt getting it done, it's not getting done
  5. Kareem got beat by a physical freak

I know we want to use the excuse that the right side of our line just isn't gelling, but both Forsett & Foster was able to get through holes on the right side as well as the left side. We're just not seeing those big plays out of the running game that we're used to. I really don't know why not. Receivers not blocking downfield?? But I'm convinced something's wrong with Arian. minimal contact is bringing him down. I'd love to have seen Ben Tate in that game last night.

We're 10 games into the season. Why isn't LeStar Jean or Keshawn Martin integrated into our regular offense? Why are we predominately coming out in 3+ TE sets?? Garrett Graham had an awesome game, & we make teams cover the field from sideline to sideline. But we are not stretching the field.

I was impressed with our defense stopping the run. Again, the score did not take away the run game. There was a couple of big plays in their run game, but for the most part I was impressed.

Antonio Smith played a great game. But, we still need him to finish. There's a big difference between getting hurried/rushed & getting hit. If you hit the QB, he's flustered the next time you hurry/rush him. If you're just getting in his face now & then... he's laughing at you as he completes 76 yard bombs for TDs. We need someone other than Jj Watt to get it done on a regular basis. Connor Barwin... where you at? It's silly to ask JjWatt to do any more, but that front seven has to deliver.

Without the pass rush, our secondary is suspect..... I don't think any more than anyone else's secondary, but with Jjo battling injury all year long, we're in deep doo-doo if someone other than Jj Watt doesn't step up.

I don't believe there is an excuse to still be struggling with some of these issues 10 weeks in, not stretching the field & Arian's vegan diet being the biggest issues.

At the same time, I never expected this team to be perfect...... just win baby.
Old 11-19-2012   #1608
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Oh yeah, Justin Blackmon is a stud.
Old 11-19-2012   #1609
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can bet on that. It's going to happen. Bank it.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
Old 11-19-2012   #1610
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Super Bowl? Whaaaa!

Old 11-19-2012   #1611
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
And a lot of people left early and missed out an exciting game, LOL
I saw that. What in the Hell are these people doing at the game anyway?

We are among the "Them"
Old 11-19-2012   #1612
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2739 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
My theory was that people thought when J-ville kicked their last field goal that the game was over. The d-bag behind us insisted as much but, sadly, didn't leave.
Old 11-19-2012   #1613
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I can understand a 3PM game and especially a late game, but a noon game?
Old 11-19-2012   #1614
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady.Gaga.3000 View Post
I saw it coming. As soon as AJ caught that ball into FG territory, I knew Kubes was gonna go ultra conservative. Why not keep attacking for a better percentage FG? We had 2 timeouts. I know I wasn't the only one who saw that coming. Someone back me up here. Settling for a long FG even pre-false start.
Well, if you can't enjoy good football, at least you can enjoy good music.

Oh wait, nevermind...
Old 11-19-2012   #1615
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Well, if you can't enjoy good football, at least you can enjoy good music.

Oh wait, nevermind...
Old 11-19-2012   #1616
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I don't believe there is an excuse to still be struggling with some of these issues 10 weeks in, not stretching the field & Arian's vegan diet being the biggest issues.

At the same time, I never expected this team to be perfect...... just win baby.
There were at least 3 deep balls that I can count. Not sure how you think the passing game can get better. In the history of the nfl it has only been beter once.

About Arians diet - I am pretty sure Gary can't force him to eat meat.
Old 11-19-2012   #1617
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
About Arians diet - I am pretty sure Gary can't force him to eat meat.
Just tell him it's a soy steak.
Old 12-10-2012   #1618
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

From the gameday thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I wish Kubiak would run up the F'n middle some
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
kubiak get the fuk outtta here with this bullshyt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
Play calling has been horrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Horrible, predictable playcalling by Kubiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
OMG.

One yard short.

This is why Kubiak is a bad HC. ...

He really is a bad HC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
When do we see ANY good team with a "gaudy" record fold like this???? NEVER!!!!!!

I just don't get it. 11-1 and THIS is what we show up with??????????

Kubes, I never liked ya, never will.
Old 12-10-2012   #1619
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

He won't get fired.

Nothing will be done. Not even going to see Marciano get fired.

At this point, it wouldn't matter either way. This team is way too Kubiak-built to start over with a new guy at the wheel.
Old 12-10-2012   #1620
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak and schaub are a perfect blend of average.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read