Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-13-2012   #61
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 TTalk Survival Football League!

man, I figured the Dolphins were going to chump-change the Titans. My second strike. I got too tricky this week when I just should have gone with the best odds.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #62
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
man, I figured the Dolphins were going to chump-change the Titans. My second strike. I got too tricky this week when I just should have gone with the best odds.
The Steelers almost gave me my third strike Monday. But I'm still in it!
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #63
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, 14 people still going for it. Three people with 1 strike, eleven with 2. Good luck to you all, it's gonna be tough the next seven weeks!
Old 11-13-2012   #64
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanksgiving week looks to be brutal for survival picks.

A lot of the top teams have been taken by many. The picking IS going to be real challenging moving forward. This is fun.
Old 11-13-2012   #65
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Out.... i forgot to pick this week....
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #66
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
The Steelers almost gave me my third strike Monday. But I'm still in it!
Bogus holding penalty on that Bowe TD (double curses for me since I own Bowe in two FFL's). That call must have pissed off thousands of fantasy players but also pleased thousands of survivor players nationwide.

Old 11-18-2012   #67
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Went with Peyton and the Broncs this week. Pretty much out of good teams, now.
Old 11-19-2012   #68
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Went with Peyton and the Broncs this week. Pretty much out of good teams, now.
Same here.

Next week is going to be brutal. The few good teams left that I haven't picked are all up against tough opponents.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #69
Vinny
shiny happy fan

still alive and kicking!

Old 12-13-2012   #70
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
still alive and kicking!
Yeah, lol. I haven't lasted this long that I can remember.
Old 12-18-2012   #71
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Yeah, lol. I haven't lasted this long that I can remember.
Join the club. I'm usually out by week 6!!
Old 12-20-2012   #72
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49149 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
It's that time again, so join up early and make your picks count! Last year's winner was Texans34Life, and well we can't let that happen again...

It's easy to play, all you have to do is pick one team that will win its matchup each week. No spreads are used, only total points, the catch is that you can't pick the same team twice throughout the year. This league is single elimination, which means one wrong pick and you are out.

The winner or winners - if people survive the whole season - will have bragging rights over the next year. Feel free to amend your signature and give yourself a virtual trophy if you win it all!

Does this end with the end of the regular season?

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012   #73
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
Does this end with the end of the regular season?
No, it'll continue in the playoffs. You will also get a fresh slate picking teams in the playoffs.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012   #74
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got a question about the playoffs. I have never lasted until season's end so I was wondering what the rules are for the post season.

I looked at the settings and it said nothing so I'll assume we go on just like normal with whatever teams we still have available?

I ask because there are a couple of teams I could pick that will not be around next week and it would be tempting to use one of those teams as opposed to "waisting" a playoff team for the last regular season pick.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-25-2012   #75
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've got a question about the playoffs. I have never lasted until season's end so I was wondering what the rules are for the post season.

I looked at the settings and it said nothing so I'll assume we go on just like normal with whatever teams we still have available?

I ask because there are a couple of teams I could pick that will not be around next week and it would be tempting to use one of those teams as opposed to "waisting" a playoff team for the last regular season pick.

Thanks in advance!
I answered that in the post above yours but I'll restate it. I made it to the playoffs a couple years ago so this comes with some knowledge of the rules: You will get a fresh slate of teams to pick. Same rules apply. You can only pick a team once in the playoffs.
Old 12-25-2012   #76
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I answered that in the post above yours but I'll restate it. I made it to the playoffs a couple years ago so this comes with some knowledge of the rules: You will get a fresh slate of teams to pick. Same rules apply. You can only pick a team once in the playoffs.
Thank you Jon. Sorry, I should have read through the thread first. Good info!

MSR
Old 01-13-2013   #77
Showtime100
Got AJ?

.....and then there were two.

(Please God. Give me my third strike in exchange for a Texans win.)

Geez, maybe I'd better clarify that.
Old 01-15-2013   #78
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
.....and then there were two.

(Please God. Give me my third strike in exchange for a Texans win.)

Geez, maybe I'd better clarify that.
I can't decide whether to congratulate or neg rep you. I will just choose to do nothing. Oh, & I'm rooting for Get Lucky to win. Picking against Houston is unforgivable.
Old 01-16-2013   #79
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I can't decide whether to congratulate or neg rep you. I will just choose to do nothing. Oh, & I'm rooting for Get Lucky to win. Picking against Houston is unforgivable.
I can't say I blame you. Denver was the obvious choice for me also until I read the forcast of Hi 20 Lw 8. Manning is still a Dome QB in my mind and the cold weather I thought would negate Manning.

Houston, well, I had no confidence in these Texans to win against NE, sad but true.
Old 01-20-2013   #80
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Congratulations Showtime!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read