Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2012   #41
jahunter221
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 jahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Turkey Day Texans VS Lions. Lets predict ;)

What worries me is that we will have to use a safety to double megatron. Could open up a lot more for lions offense.
jahunter221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #42
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Two ways of looking at that. 1) They ain't so tough on Thanksgiving, 2) They're due a win.

I'm going with the first one because I don't like the look of the second one.
Heh me too. I just kept hearing (especially on the radio) about how "tough" the Lions are on Thanksgiving. Seems like it's just another game for them. Maybe worse since they typically face a "prime time" level opponent.

I don't care how the Texans win, I just want to keep winning with no more injuries.
Old 11-19-2012   #43
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

This is going to be a tough game after a pair of tough games and it begins our 3 road game stretch that ends in New England.

I expected the Lions to do something this year. They're coming off a tight home game loss to the Packers. This is a team that's averaging 300 yards a game through the air while only giving up 215 yards per game.

After getting debacled by Blackmon, Megatron scares me. But if we can pound the rock, control time of possession, get to Stafford and get some turnovers, I think we can pull this out.

34-31, Texans.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 286048 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
He's going to get his. We have to make sure our guys do their part. It'll be a tough game because Stafford and Megatron are a tough match up for anyone.
I am so tired of the Calvin Johnson nut huggin. We've beaten "great" receivers a time or two in the past. This is just one more to throw an empty game to. Just like Brandon Marshall's good game in a loss, & even the rookie Blackmon's 236 yard game in a losing effort.

The thing I'm worried about is the short turnaround. While the Lions will be installing their game-plan on Wednesday, we'll be flying to Detroit.
Old 11-19-2012   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 286048 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
This is a Super Bowl team.

Walter, Martin, AJ, OD, Graham, Casey, Foster, Forsett, hell even LeStar Jean.

Teams can't stop all of us.
In yesterdays game, Andre had 14 catches, Graham had 8, Owen had 6, Walter had 6, Casey had 3, Arian had 3, Lestar got 1, Martin had 1, Forsett had 1.....

It's like a freak'n hydra.
Old 11-19-2012   #46
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Short week after a long, physical and emotional game on the road against a team needing a W. Not good, imo.
Old 11-19-2012   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
guys we cant break tradition, it has been working so well. Dont be scared to throw around some predictions.
You want a prediction...

Wade is pissed. I'll have everyone remember back to the end of last year & as this season started. We all questioned Wade's sophomore slump. Our defense was supposed to take a step back because of the offenses we'll be facing.

Well, this defense has played better than I anticipated. I think better than anyone anticipated. & we all know, it's been because of two people. Wade Phillips & Country Hulk.

Well, after what happened yesterday, I think Wade wants to make a statement. At least I would.

He's going to stomp a mudhole in somebody's a$$ & it's just bad luck that the Detroit Lions are next up.

No more TDs.... the Lions may score 6 points but that's going to be it. & If Gary Kubiak takes his foot off the gas, Son-of-Bum is going to walk up to him & smack him right in the kisser.

I don't think Kubiak is a dummy, I know he knows we know what Wade knows.

52-6 Texans.
Old 11-19-2012   #48
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

If Kubiak attacks Detroit's weakness, which means airing it out: Texans 27-24,

If Kubiak goes SOP: Lions 26-20.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #49
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4299 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
You never know which Lions team will show up. They've been injured this season and a bunch of backups are in there, but they can't be underestimated. They still have Megatron. I say the Texans by a TD.

I say Houston by 17 points. Pass rush on Detroit will weaken Lions chances of big plays. Houston offense should run on Lions all day baby.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #50
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4299 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahunter221 View Post
What worries me is that we will have to use a safety to double megatron. Could open up a lot more for lions offense.
jahunter221 I like Texan pass rush to negate that attack.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #51
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahunter221 View Post
This is what all teams do; how often depending on each team.

We've been doing this against several number one receivers.

At the worst, Megatron can have a big day; but I think our overall strength will pull us through.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #52
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2070 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Short week after a long, physical and emotional game on the road against a team needing a W. Not good, imo.
Agreed. But that was a theory for the Jacksonville game too.

I know, Jacksonville was 1-8 and it was supposed to be a blowout. The Texans got caught with their pants down, but they pulled through despite Jacksonville putting up what seemed like their absolute best effort. Jacksonville didn't play like a 1-8 team yesterday.

I don't see a lack of focus in this game. But I think if they lose, it's probably because the overtime and comeback effort was more physically taxing than it was mentally taxing.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #53
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
Agreed. But that was a theory for the Jacksonville game too.

I know, Jacksonville was 1-8 and it was supposed to be a blowout. The Texans got caught with their pants down, but they pulled through despite Jacksonville putting up what seemed like their absolute best effort. Jacksonville didn't play like a 1-8 team yesterday.

I don't see a lack of focus in this game. But I think if they lose, it's probably because the overtime and comeback effort was more physically taxing than it was mentally taxing.

I never thought it was supposed to be a blow-out. Sure I had some fun with the "Crazy things that need to happen for Jacksonville to win" thread but deep down inside we all know that any team can jump up and bite you in the buttocks at any time. I think the biggest thing to keep in mind for the Texans (and no doubt they're aware of it) is that in this new world we're living in the Texans have a target on their collective backs. When you play the cellar dweller of the division they've got nothing to lose and throw everything but the kitchen sink at you. Everybody the Texans play is going to be wanting their scalps.

They've also learned to take very good care of Blaine Gabbert. Hit him but don't hurt him. We want him in the game for as long as it takes for Jacksonville to figure out that he's the problem.
Old 11-19-2012   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think the biggest thing to keep in mind for the Texans (and no doubt they're aware of it) is that in this new world we're living in the Texans have a target on their collective backs.
Completely agree. Just imagine you're out of the play-off hunt, this early. It would be sweet to say, "At least we beat the Texans"

Teams are going to look at the Texans & say, "We better play perfect if we're going to have a chance to win." We're getting everybody's best game.

Well, maybe not against Baltimore. I feel they came in thinking, "We've never lost to these guys." I don't think they'll be saying that again.
Old 11-19-2012   #55
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Hate to say it but there's no way Calvin Johnson doesn't have his way with us with J-Jo out. 31-20 Lions.
If our run game shows up and Matt Schaub stays hot, we definetly can keep the ball out of Detroits hands. That would be one way and we've done that before all season.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #56
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Completely agree. Just imagine you're out of the play-off hunt, this early. It would be sweet to say, "At least we beat the Texans"

Teams are going to look at the Texans & say, "We better play perfect if we're going to have a chance to win." We're getting everybody's best game.

Well, maybe not against Baltimore. I feel they came in thinking, "We've never lost to these guys." I don't think they'll be saying that again.
I think that Jville also had a few extra days to prepare for us.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #57
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm ok with JJo sitting out this game, because either way, I'd like to see CJ double covered just about on every play. He's seriously their only true weapon on offense. I think KJ will do fine against Young or Broyles. Their run game has also been a disappointment.

The key on defense, though, is to be able to generate pressure on Stafford w/o sending too many blitzes. Against the Jags, Wade went a little blitz happy, and Henne picked it apart. The reason is, though, the front 4 isn't getting the job done.

On offense, it's the usual run the ball, control the clock, win time of possession.

The brain says Houston wins, but my gut is going with Detroit. Coming off an emotional win, having to play the extended minutes, on the road in Detroit on Thanksgiving day... just feels like a loss to me.

Lions 27
Texans 24
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #58
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I would run the heck out of Ben Tate. Dude should be fresh, so let him loose.
Old 11-19-2012   #59
altexan
waterboy

Section: 635

Nice call, I recall reading this a while back. Talk about near heart attack.
altexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #60
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

The Lions play every Thanksgiving each year. Guess what year was the last time they won their Thanksgiving Day home game?

2003, against the Packers 22-14.

I think the idea that the Texans are the only team that has to deal with the short week is a bit biased. Clearly even a good Lions team like the 2011 squad, couldn't do well enough to even make the game competitive against the Packers last year. At the start of the 4th quarter, they were down 24-0, but managed a garbage time TD to make it a 27-15 loss.

I think the Lions will continue to be the Lions and will lose this game to us. Texans take it 34 - 20

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read