Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2012   #21
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Turkey Day Texans VS Lions. Lets predict ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
I hope our Johnson is bigger than theirs
HeHe.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #22
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

ALL i know is that if JoJo is out expect another shoot out, i dont see anyone on our roster who can cover Calvin Johnson.
Old 11-18-2012   #23
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61582 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Too early to tell on that one.

We have to at least wait for Indy to fall to 6 losses.
It is not too early when you are three up for the division and four up for at least a wilcard.

Uhm....let's see.

After next's weeks game there will be four weeks left and if the Colts lose/texans win, we will clinch a tie for the division as will have a four game lead.

If the texans win/bengal lose we will be guaranted a playoff birth as they will have five games up with four to play on the teams ranked 7 or lower in the conference. and victory alone would have the Texans clinching at least a tie for the playoff birth with the Bengals.
Old 11-18-2012   #24
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
It is not too early when you are three up for the division and four up for at least a wilcard.

Uhm....let's see.

After next's weeks game there will be four weeks left and if the Colts lose/texans win, we will clinch a tie for the division as will have a four game lead.

If the texans win/bengal lose we will be guaranted a playoff birth as they will have five games up with four to play on the teams ranked 7 or lower in the conference. and victory alone would have the Texans clinching at least a tie for the playoff birth with the Bengals.
Hmmm i just want homefield, dont want to say hey even if we lose out we still make the play-offs.
Old 11-18-2012   #25
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post

Uhm....let's see.

Uhm...I think there's five weeks left after next week.
Old 11-18-2012   #26
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61582 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Uhm...I think there's five weeks left after next week.
uhmm...I knew that stuff I was spewing was sounding too good.
Old 11-18-2012   #27
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a Super Bowl team.

Walter, Martin, AJ, OD, Graham, Casey, Foster, Forsett, hell even LeStar Jean.

Teams can't stop all of us. Shut one or two guys down, one or two more show up and get it done. Unsung heroes. They don't care who steps up, somebody just will though.

We win the Lions game. Score? I don't have a clue.

After this game...I'm done predicting scores.
Old 11-18-2012   #28
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156516 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm with GP on this one. I'll predict a Texans win, but can't any more than that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #29
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

guys we cant break tradition, it has been working so well. Dont be scared to throw around some predictions.
Old 11-19-2012   #30
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

24 - 21 Texans

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #31
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict I will be stuffed and drunk.
Old 11-19-2012   #32
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Next weeks game will be interesting rather than important I believe.

Obviously its non-conference so won't have a huge bearing on the playoffs, but at the same time I'm not sure we've gone up against too many medium-level teams this season, most have been flat out turgid at the point we've played them (although some have improved since) and we've played 2 games against really good teams, and split our record against them.

Everyone is concentrating on what Calvin Johnson might do to us, I just feel like on D, we may have a similar gameplan to what we had against the Bears, allowing Marshall to take what he will anyway and be sure to absolutely cut off anything else they might want to do against us.

I'm not that well up on their D but they are big at DT and it is something we've struggled to cope with in the past. Need to be sure to direct pressure off Schaub.

The back end of our schedule looks a lot tougher than the early games we played, this will be a big indication as to how we will cope.

As much as getting the W was the most important thing yesterday, I sure hope the players are getting ripped to shreds in the film room today because we shouldn't be forcing ourselves to come from behind against 1-9 teams. Could see us going 0-2 against the Pats this season if that continues to happen and I want to be watching the Texans in February.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #33
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33516 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Just to break the "myth"...

Last 11 Detroit Lions Games on Thanksgiving Day:
2001 Green Bay L, 27-29
2002 New England L, 12-20
2003 Green Bay W, 22-14
2004 Indianapolis L, 41-9
2005 Atlanta L, 27-7
2006 Miami L, 27-10
2007 Green Bay L, 37-26
2008 Tennessee L, 47-10
2009 Green Bay L, 34-12
2010 New England L, 45-24
2011 Green Bay L, 27-15

Add after Thursday:
2012 Houston L, 31-19
Old 11-19-2012   #34
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hou 23
Det 16
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #35
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
guys we cant break tradition, it has been working so well. Dont be scared to throw around some predictions.
Ok, ok. You're so demanding.

I always start off by thinking "How many TDs could we score on the defense..." so I think we can put up at least 4 TDs on the Lions. That's 28. I will throw in two FGs to make it a total of 34.

The Lions will put up 3 TDs and grab maybe 2 FGs. That gives the Lions 27.

Texans 34
Lions 27

There, Ellis. Now can I go back to arguing about trivial **** in the other forums??? LOL.
Old 11-19-2012   #36
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165633 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Just to break the "myth"...

Last 11 Detroit Lions Games on Thanksgiving Day:
2001 Green Bay L, 27-29
2002 New England L, 12-20
2003 Green Bay W, 22-14
2004 Indianapolis L, 41-9
2005 Atlanta L, 27-7
2006 Miami L, 27-10
2007 Green Bay L, 37-26
2008 Tennessee L, 47-10
2009 Green Bay L, 34-12
2010 New England L, 45-24
2011 Green Bay L, 27-15

Add after Thursday:
2012 Houston L, 31-19
Two ways of looking at that. 1) They ain't so tough on Thanksgiving, 2) They're due a win.

I'm going with the first one because I don't like the look of the second one.
Old 11-19-2012   #37
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39981 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Two ways of looking at that. 1) They ain't so tough on Thanksgiving, 2) They're due a win.

I'm going with the first one because I don't like the look of the second one.
riding on your coat-tails until you get one wrong

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #38
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74437 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Hate to say it but there's no way Calvin Johnson doesn't have his way with us with J-Jo out. 31-20 Lions.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #39
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

41-20 Lions.
Old 11-19-2012   #40
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100916 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

You never know which Lions team will show up. They've been injured this season and a bunch of backups are in there, but they can't be underestimated. They still have Megatron. I say the Texans by a TD.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read