Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2012   #21
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Step it up, Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson80 View Post
I think you are getting ahead of yourself. They have to win the game first, there's a reason those guys are backups.
Well Tom brady was a back up at one time, matt schaub, brooks reed, to many current starters to name used to be back ups. Just cause your a back up dont mean you cant play with the "current" starters. Kind of a dumb answer TBH, just saying.
Old 11-17-2012   #22
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Not possible to make GP happy, or score 21 points in the first quarter? I admit, both are uphill climbs, but they can be done.
Okay, I'll concede the 21 pts in the first qtr thing... I mean, Arian can bust a long one for six on the first drive, A.J. or O.D. can catch a long bomb on a play action for the second one, then the third one can be our standard 6-8 play drive. All that can be done in one qtr...

But the making GP happy part....
I dunno.....
We can put a man on the moon or land rovers on Mars but certain things - like exceeding the speed of light or making GP happy - are simply beyond current technology.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #23
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
What Texan do you think needs to get some minutes & step it up against Jags?
I would like the Texans to get a big lead and get TJ some snaps. And allow him to run the offense, not just handoff. I would also like to see Mercilus punish Gabbert.
Old 11-18-2012   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Almost kick off let's hope we get what we want.
Old 11-18-2012   #25
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Well Tom brady was a back up at one time, matt schaub, brooks reed, to many current starters to name used to be back ups. Just cause your a back up dont mean you cant play with the "current" starters. Kind of a dumb answer TBH, just saying.
I said there is a REASON they are not starters. I will spell that reason out for you if you can't quite put your finger on it. The reason is the coaching staff believes they are not more ready to execute the gameplan more than the starter. I for one have more faith in the coaching staff than you. Like I said win the game first quit getting ahead of yourself its 14-7 now. Nobody is resting until the superbowl is won!
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #26
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

well that didnt go has planned LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #27
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 240592 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
well that didnt go has planned LOL
Hey, we got that no-huddle work I wanted.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #28
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Post-game grades.....

B+ --- OK, sure, whatever. Of course Chad Henne's going to throw for four touchdowns against a good passing defense after Blaine Gabbert gets hurt. I mean, duh. The Jaguars, Paul Posluszny in particular, played with a lot of heart on defense but just couldn't close it out. Justin Blackmon had 236 receiving yards, which just seems like something that didn't happen. What a weird freaking game. HELLO JALEN PARMELE [furiously Googles "Jalen Parmele"].

D --- The Texans became the first team to ever score two times in a single overtime and Andre Johnson went berserk, catching 14 passes for 273 yards and a walk-off touchdown, but if you're the Texans, you can't be happy about what happened here. You got shredded by Chad Henne!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #29
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Post-game grades.....

B+ --- OK, sure, whatever. Of course Chad Henne's going to throw for four touchdowns against a good passing defense after Blaine Gabbert gets hurt. I mean, duh. The Jaguars, Paul Posluszny in particular, played with a lot of heart on defense but just couldn't close it out. Justin Blackmon had 236 receiving yards, which just seems like something that didn't happen. What a weird freaking game. HELLO JALEN PARMELE [furiously Googles "Jalen Parmele"].

D --- The Texans became the first team to ever score two times in a single overtime and Andre Johnson went berserk, catching 14 passes for 273 yards and a walk-off touchdown, but if you're the Texans, you can't be happy about what happened here. You got shredded by Chad Henne!
A loss is a loss. A win is a win. I'll take the W grade every time

This is the NFL. Unpredictable things happen.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #30
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson80 View Post
I said there is a REASON they are not starters. I will spell that reason out for you if you can't quite put your finger on it. The reason is the coaching staff believes they are not more ready to execute the gameplan more than the starter. I for one have more faith in the coaching staff than you. Like I said win the game first quit getting ahead of yourself its 14-7 now. Nobody is resting until the superbowl is won!
SB, after today's game, isn't that kind of talk a little premature?

LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #31
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i always thought Chad henne was a pretty good QB justhad some bad breaks in Miami
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #32
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Post-game grades.....

You know ..... They prepare all week for Gabbert , they looked pretty damn good defensively up until Hene came in. He's a different QB ....who can get the ball down the field accurately.
Hell , he's likely a better QB but I feel like had they prepared for Hene like they did for Gabbert they dont struggle as much.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #33
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted to see Keyshawn Martin step up and I was glad to see Graham come back with a very good game. I really wanted to see Mercilus rise to the occasion today and I didn't even hear his name called.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i always thought Chad henne was a pretty good QB justhad some bad breaks in Miami
I don't think he's ever had a decent running game or two receivers of the calibre that Blackmon & Shorts appear to be.

He's big, he's got an arm, & he wasn't flustered or do anything stupid yesterday. He might not be an All-Pro, & he might not be the future of the Jacksonville Jaguars, but he's a competent stop gap to allow them to build that team until that franchise QB comes along.

Don't get me wrong, we helped him out on some of those big plays, but only some of them.
Old 11-19-2012   #35
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I wanted to see Keyshawn Martin step up and I was glad to see Graham come back with a very good game. I really wanted to see Mercilus rise to the occasion today and I didn't even hear his name called.
Agreed, both did well. I am thinking of moving TE off my mock. Someone else who seemed to have a good game was Bradie James ILB.
Old 11-19-2012   #36
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 240592 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by el tejano View Post
i wanted to see keyshawn martin step up and i was glad to see graham come back with a very good game. I really wanted to see mercilus rise to the occasion today and i didn't even hear his name called.
pds ‏@phabmk6
Quote:
Keshawn Martin had 247 total yards today for the #texans. Which included his first nfl touchdown.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read