Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2012   #21
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3743 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: special teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I'll take him getting tackled by the punter ..... instead of making poor decisions bringing balls out of the endzone and starting inside the 15 routinely .... This has been a significantly upgraded position (both KR and PR) since Tricycle was released .... despite the fact that Holliday scored twice on returns - He did put one on the ground for Denver.

After watching JJ bungle that punt in Baltimore last year in the playoffs .... (not to mention Steve Slaton and Tricycle's boneheaded decisions in the past few seasons years) we Texans fans should know how important decision making is in that aspect of the game.
Trust me- I don't blame Texans fans one bit for riding JJ out of Houston on a rail. But wow, he has really stepped up for Baltimore this year! His punt return TD last night put the Ravens in the win column over Pittsburgh.

Texans 9-1, Ravens 8-2. Looks like (hopefully) we will be duking it out the rest of the way for home field advantage throughout the playoffs! Your defense laid an egg yesterday for the first time this year, but a good football team finds ways to win when one side isn't performing to standard. Schaub was red hot. Good win for you guys!
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #22
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77581 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
Trust me- I don't blame Texans fans one bit for riding JJ out of Houston on a rail. But wow, he has really stepped up for Baltimore this year! His punt return TD last night put the Ravens in the win column over Pittsburgh.

Texans 9-1, Ravens 8-2. Looks like (hopefully) we will be duking it out the rest of the way for home field advantage throughout the playoffs! Your defense laid an egg yesterday for the first time this year, but a good football team finds ways to win when one side isn't performing to standard. Schaub was red hot. Good win for you guys!
I'm thinking you're probably spot on and thanks.

Gotta admit though, as difficult as it was, I was rooting for the bumblebees. It was difficult 'cause I'm still not over the '70s I guess.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #23
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
I think this is what most Texans fans/media think happened. I think he had too high of a cap hit (over 3 million) for a special team player. The team needed the cap space for other players. Just my opinion.
Old 11-19-2012   #24
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 245923 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
I think this is what most Texans fans/media think happened: too high ....
fify
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #25
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3743 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I'm thinking you're probably spot on and thanks.

Gotta admit though, as difficult as it was, I was rooting for the bumblebees. It was difficult 'cause I'm still not over the '70s I guess.
Right now Houston is in the catbird's seat for sure. One game up, plus the head's-up win tiebreaker. And umm-m-m....well, the fact they are playing better ball than Baltimore, especially on defense. I think house money says the Texans will be the #1 seed in the AFC unless something radical happens to Schaub, etc.

Hey, I was pulling for Luck to beat New England yesterday, and trust me, for me to pull for the Colts is about as difficult as pulling teeth without benefit of anesthesia!
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Haha. You know he's going to take a lot of ******* from his teammates for that. At least he's being tackled by the punter and not the gunner :-)
psshh... he outran everyone on his team. If they got anything to say, they should have been up there to block the dang punter.
Old 11-19-2012   #27
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
I think this is what most Texans fans/media think happened. I think he had too high of a cap hit (over 3 million) for a special team player. The team needed the cap space for other players. Just my opinion.
Your opinion is correct .... I know Kubiak really liked Jacoby , even if he was feast or famine and would have liked to have kept him , having Holliday (another feast or famine guy) making next to nothing by NFL standards made the decision an easy one to let him walk.

To be honest , I think having Martin is an upgrade over both as he simply makes better decisions .... the team hasnt had to start inside the 10 since he took over because of poor decisions.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read