Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2012   #41
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 139289 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub #2 all time, passing yards in a game?

Wade is a great DC. But he didn't play up to 50-50 with Kubiak. When this team plays 50-50, we have our best games. When one half plays better than the other, we have off days. Our mark of greatness is that we win regardless. Yes, the defense was off today. I feel that Kubiak is taking the heat even after bailing out Wade. Yes, I realize that Wade has bailed Kubiak out more times, but remember 2010. Kubiak is not an idiot. The man is an offensive guru who has been let down by crappy defenses many times. He showed how clutch he can be, and how clutch Matt Schaub can be when this ballclub needs it. The 2010 offense has woken up. They, with Wade's D, make this team unstoppable

htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

He threw the ball 14 times to Andre Johnson & every one was dang near uncontested.

How does a man get wtf open 14 times when they know we're going to throw the ball & he's our best receiver?
Old 11-19-2012   #43
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
He threw the ball 14 times to Andre Johnson & every one was dang near uncontested.

How does a man get wtf open 14 times when they know we're going to throw the ball & he's our best receiver?
Andre was actually targeted 19 times.

Quick answer to your question: Johnson is better than the guys trying to cover him.
Old 11-19-2012   #44
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
If it's on Kubiak's shoulders when the team and HIS players fail, then he should also get credit when the team and his players succeed. It should not be, "Schaub won despite Kubiak, but Kubiak is the head coach, so he is to blame for the losses". Just like Kubiak was responsible for the defensive woes with Frank Bush and company, but has zero to do with our defense this year or last.

I'm not saying all is forgiven, please understand that. I'm saying that win or lose, Kubiak deserves both credit and blame, but not all of it in either case.
In his first two or three seasons here as HC, I was able to give him a pass on days when things fell apart.

Seeing as how he's well into his tenure as a HC now, no. When the team looks flat, slow, uninterested in focusing and doing consistently good work...that's 100% "on Kubiak."

Granted, the team never freaked out today. So he obviously has them coached up overall, it's just the small details that get me pissed off at him.
Old 11-19-2012   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
In his first two or three seasons here as HC, I was able to give him a pass on days when things fell apart.

Seeing as how he's well into his tenure as a HC now, no. When the team looks flat, slow, uninterested in focusing and doing consistently good work...that's 100% "on Kubiak."

Granted, the team never freaked out today. So he obviously has them coached up overall, it's just the small details that get me pissed off at him.
This is stupid. We used to do the same thing to the Colts when they were king of the AFC South. Whether we finished 2-14 or 9-7, the Colts (& their fans) knew they had better bring their A-game. Nodoby thought the Colts were flat when we beat them or gave them a game when we weren't very good.
Old 11-19-2012   #46
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is stupid. We used to do the same thing to the Colts when they were king of the AFC South. Whether we finished 2-14 or 9-7, the Colts (& their fans) knew they had better bring their A-game. Nodoby thought the Colts were flat when we beat them or gave them a game when we weren't very good.
This is true and the exact same thing I said about our win after the game today. Nobody ever apologized to us when it took miracles for Manning to come from behind to beat us. Instead they looked at those wins as The Colts being that good. We need to do the same thing!!! We have a good team.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #47
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If I happened to be a Patriots fan, and Coach Bill didn't have his team prepared, focused, and playing their guts out in a game...I'd say the same thing about Bill.

Sometimes you guys live in a vacuum on this stuff. This isn't me "hating on Kubiak," this is me just saying that a coach of his tenure, with his talent, should have his offense geared up and playing supremely focused football every week. Those guys have a window, and they better get through the window before it closes. Slow and steady wins the race is good up until the last few yards of the race...then you better pour it on and finish the job.
Old 11-19-2012   #48
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I still have the football card of Warren Moon acheiving that. I saw that game too!!!
Old 11-19-2012   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
If I happened to be a Patriots fan, and Coach Bill didn't have his team prepared, focused, and playing their guts out in a game...I'd say the same thing about Bill.

Sometimes you guys live in a vacuum on this stuff. This isn't me "hating on Kubiak," this is me just saying that a coach of his tenure, with his talent, should have his offense geared up and playing supremely focused football every week. Those guys have a window, and they better get through the window before it closes. Slow and steady wins the race is good up until the last few yards of the race...then you better pour it on and finish the job.
They weren't calling for the coaches head when the Bills whupped them last year. They weren't calling for his head when they lost to Arizona & Seattle this year.

It's the NFL. Pulling out a close one in OT vs the Jags should not be a negative on our team or our coach.
Old 11-19-2012   #50
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This offense just set records and you're saying it's not geared up? We're halfway through the race and you're asking for them to pour it on and finish the job? The point to pour it on and finish the job is in the playoffs.

Personally, I think it's you having unrealistic expectations. We've put some ass-whoopings on some good teams this year. We've beaten teams by shutting them down in defensive battles; we've beaten teams by outscoring them in shoot-outs. We're 9-1.

During the game thread, you were saying "patience." I think you need to say that to yourself just a bit.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #51
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So, if you were in charge of a football team, you would burn through a Hall of Fame coach every year or two... this is how you defend yourself?

You can not go through the history of any coach in the NFL without seeing games where their team isn't playing to their potential. I get being critical of it when it happens. I am too. However, communicating as if the coach isn't qualified or is a failure, that is where you lose most reasonable people. The Texans are 9-1, including wins against 3 Superbowl contenders... And, they are coming off a season where they advanced in the playoffs with a rookie, 5th round, 3rd string QB. Chill out!
Old 11-19-2012   #52
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
This offense just set records and you're saying it's not geared up? We're halfway through the race and you're asking for them to pour it on and finish the job? The point to pour it on and finish the job is in the playoffs.

Personally, I think it's you having unrealistic expectations. We've put some ass-whoopings on some good teams this year. We've beaten teams by shutting them down in defensive battles; we've beaten teams by outscoring them in shoot-outs. We're 9-1.

During the game thread, you were saying "patience." I think you need to say that to yourself just a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
So, if you were in charge of a football team, you would burn through a Hall of Fame coach every year or two... this is how you defend yourself?

You can not go through the history of any coach in the NFL without seeing games where their team isn't playing to their potential. I get being critical of it when it happens. I am too. However, communicating as if the coach isn't qualified or is a failure, that is where you lose most reasonable people. The Texans are 9-1, including wins against 3 Superbowl contenders... And, they are coming off a season where they advanced in the playoffs with a rookie, 5th round, 3rd string QB. Chill out!
If GP is an owner or a GM, he would have fired Belichick as the Browns did when he had only one winning season in his five years there.

And look where that franchise is now.

And if GP was with the Pats, he would have fired Belichick in his first year when they went 5-11.

Yupe, GP will have his way no matter what
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #53
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
.... Not to mention it was the Bills backup QB Frank Reich and not Jim Kelly under center.
Is it safe to say Houston franchises don't do to well against backups??
Old 11-19-2012   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Is it safe to say Houston franchises don't do to well against backups??
We stopped Jason Campbell.

I wonder if we're going to see Shaun Hill Thursday. The Texans are starting to look like bad news for starting QBs.
Old 11-19-2012   #55
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans are starting to look like bad news for starting QBs.

The quarterback must go down, and he must go down hard.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #56
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

*cough* bounty system *cough* jk jk
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #57
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Well noone apologized when we took New England to OT in our sorry years and they barely squeaked out a win vs. us.
Old 11-19-2012   #58
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 119055 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Well noone apologized when we took New England to OT in our sorry years and they barely squeaked out a win vs. us.
That was 2003 - The Pats went to (and won) the Super Bowl that year. We actually beat the Panthers that season - they were the other team to go to the Super Bowl.
Old 11-19-2012   #59
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We stopped Jason Campbell.

I wonder if we're going to see Shaun Hill Thursday. The Texans are starting to look like bad news for starting QBs.
It was rainy and cold...you know the Bears aren't good in the elements...oh wait
Old 11-19-2012   #60
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Andre was actually targeted 19 times.

Quick answer to your question: Johnson is better than the guys trying to cover him.
Expanded Answer: Johnson is flat out better than the guy's attempting to cover him , and Kubiak's route combinations are brilliant.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read