Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-14-2012   #21
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BEEF WEEK - part duh!

Agree! Tebow being traded mid season would have been ok. The ticket sales will sag next season, which stinks! In the last 3 years, the Jags tickets/marketing has produced no blackouts and average crowds around 63,000. This season has question me on purchasing tickets for next year. The blow outs at home have taken it's toll. I've been buying tickets since 1996, when I moved to Jax. Compare Dolphins and Bucs, which are doing good this season and still having blackouts! My concern, is this a plan to get out of the lease, produce a terrible team w/blackouts? Get the fan base so unconcerned w/Jags, that the move doesn't make such a sting? What was the days like, when the Oilers were going to move? Is it a formula for moving teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Still don't know why they don't trade for Tebow. At this point, what can it hurt?
At least get some butts in the seats.
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #22
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
My concern, is this a plan to get out of the lease, produce a terrible team w/blackouts? Get the fan base so unconcerned w/Jags, that the move doesn't make such a sting? What was the days like, when the Oilers were going to move? Is it a formula for moving teams?
I think each move is different. In the case of the Oilers, the fans loved the team but were fed up with the owner. Bud kept making contract decisions that cost the Oilers good players. He got a bond to get the Astrodome refurbished, the work had barely been completed when he started lobbying for a new stadium. I may be slightly off here, but others will no the exact details better. But the bottom line is the fans hated Bud and when he said new stadium or I move the team (remember, still paying for a big Astrodome refurbish) the fans said don't hit let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

I would be surprised to find any Texans fans who don't think we won in the long run.
Old 11-14-2012   #23
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the insight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I think each move is different. In the case of the Oilers, the fans loved the team but were fed up with the owner. Bud kept making contract decisions that cost the Oilers good players. He got a bond to get the Astrodome refurbished, the work had barely been completed when he started lobbying for a new stadium. I may be slightly off here, but others will no the exact details better. But the bottom line is the fans hated Bud and when he said new stadium or I move the team (remember, still paying for a big Astrodome refurbish) the fans said don't hit let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

I would be surprised to find any Texans fans who don't think we won in the long run.
Old 11-14-2012   #24
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

The last year the Oilers were in the Astrodome, the deal had already been basically done and the team was gone so attendance was horrendous. The media tried portray the fans of not carrying when there was a support rally and a few dozen people showed up. But why do a rally when there is nothing that could be done to keep the team.
Old 11-17-2012   #25
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bub checked out Jacksonville FIRST when he was threatening to move the team. I remember for the LONGEST time believing the Oilers would move there.

I attended just about every home game the last year the Oilers played in the Dome. Always felt it was all Bud's fault we were losing the team, not the players. Just wanted to be there to support them at the time. Hard to swallow that all the LUV YA BLUE days were over!! I'll hate that SOB until the day I die!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #26
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats Mootini. You had your good game. We got a W. Worked out for both of us. Good luck in the draft and in '13. Cheer for the Texans the rest of the year though!
Old 11-18-2012   #27
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Henne is gonna cost y'all the #1 pick. He lit us UP.
Glad to see Gabbert's booboo wasn't bad enough for him to lose the coin toss in OT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #28
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Hats off to the Jaguars --- they took a chunk out of us today.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #29
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Yes, they did! They showed up to play ball, and say what ya what, but, those kitties played one hell of a ballgame! Henne had our number for sure! They always play us hard at Reliant though! Our boys had to bust their butts to win this one, and they looked completely wiped out when they walked off the field. Not a good sign for Thrusday!
Old 11-19-2012   #30
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

What a game! Very intertaining and yes, we can all say, Gabby is a bust! Blackmon might be the best WR, we've had since Jimmy Smith? Kudos to the Texans, good teams find a way to win and you did. I'm glad to see the Jag players actually trying than folding, like they have done all season, at home. Texans are going to be a great team to follow in the post season. Good luck and I'll be on the bandwagon for the Texans.
Old 11-19-2012   #31
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Same here, was a hell of a game! Teh jags surprised me, funny no Gabby leads to a decent team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Old 11-19-2012   #32
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
What a game! Very intertaining and yes, we can all say, Gabby is a bust! Blackmon might be the best WR, we've had since Jimmy Smith? Kudos to the Texans, good teams find a way to win and you did. I'm glad to see the Jag players actually trying than folding, like they have done all season, at home. Texans are going to be a great team to follow in the post season. Good luck and I'll be on the bandwagon for the Texans.

Thanks Moo! Fans can say what they want, but, that was NOT a losing team that showed up to play us yesterday. They played a damn good game, and Blackmon/Henne just might become a great duo for you guys in the future. That is IF your coach will have the balls to bench Gabby! They certainly made the game interesting and baut gave me a freaking heart attack!

A huge THANKS to you for staying classy!!
Old 11-19-2012   #33
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

It does look the Blackmon was worth that 1st round pick! Gabby is terrible and he better not be the starting QB next week. Blackmon and Shorts might become a nice WR pair? 3 OT games this season and all loses, sucks! Anyway, I hope next season, the Jags can complete for the AFC South divison? This is your season, enjoy it and I'll be coming back on this board in the playoffs as a bandwagoner! LOL Good luck for the rest of season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Thanks Moo! Fans can say what they want, but, that was NOT a losing team that showed up to play us yesterday. They played a damn good game, and Blackmon/Henne just might become a great duo for you guys in the future. That is IF your coach will have the balls to bench Gabby! They certainly made the game interesting and baut gave me a freaking heart attack!

A huge THANKS to you for staying classy!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read