Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2012   #21
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The WR position

hmm i still think Jean and Posey need to step up for me to feel fine with the Wr corps

but right now everything seems to be "Fine"

has far has the draft goes i dont think they will draft a WR in the 1st round just because they have AJ and they have about a 2 year window with him in terms of not even having a open slot for a WR rookie

And besides i think the 1st round picks always go to the D now and a wade pick
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #22
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

TBH, I don't think WR is that big a deal in Kubiak's system.

Although I bet he was thankful he had AJ today.
Old 11-19-2012   #23
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

And besides i think the 1st round picks always go to the D now and a wade pick
I dont know where they would use a #1 right now .... I really believe need to see how FA plays out first because they may have to cut someone loose because of the cap .... They have quite a few FA's this coming offseason.

But looking at the defense as currently constructed , I dont see a lot of holes. An upgrade at NT , maybe.

Looking at the offense ..... I see the OL not getting it done in the run game , sure they are 8th in the NFL in total rushing yardage , but they are in the bottom third in terms of avg per rush. We've seen Foster tackled for a loss or a very limited gain far too many times this season ....

As much as they rely on the running game to set up everything they do .... they need to improve that avg per carry.

They might be able to get a value pick late in the round as OG's , even the top tiered dont tend to get picked until the end of the round (tho there are exceptions).

OG , RT , ILB , CB , NT ... in no particular order are what I'd be looking to solidify in the coming draft (again , this is without FA).

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I hate that play. It never works. I don't know why we.... oh... oh my..

Andre just said, "Fugg it!! This game is ovah!!"

Quote:
Is anyone else worried about the WR corps we have on the team? I thought LeStar Jean would at least come close to Jacoby's production, but I saw him make one play today and little else.
I am.

But honestly, like everyone else has said..... we've got TEs & RBs that catch the ball out of the backfield. As long as we can efficiently score, it's all good. If our Defense would have played like our defense, I don't think we'd be complaining about our offense.... sounds funny, but true.
Quote:
I'm happy that Keshawn Martin stepped up today, the kinds of returns he made are what we've been missing this season and he's slowly gaining Schaub's trust and a place in this offense. However, he hasn't been the guy we've been wanting, a speedy receiver who could stretch the field and take pressure off AJ.
I don't think that was Keshawn stepping up. That's our special teams stepping up. I think that's Marciano responding to last weeks on-camera tongue lashing. If we had either Jacoby or Trindon, those would have been TDs........ no doubt in my mind.

Don't take it the wrong way, I'm not slamming KMart, I'm complimenting Marciano & the ST.
Old 11-19-2012   #25
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4299 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny how Jacoby and Holiday have scored since they left........
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read