Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2012   #1
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The WR position

Is anyone else worried about the WR corps we have on the team? I thought LeStar Jean would at least come close to Jacoby's production, but I saw him make one play today and little else.

I'm happy that Keshawn Martin stepped up today, the kinds of returns he made are what we've been missing this season and he's slowly gaining Schaub's trust and a place in this offense. However, he hasn't been the guy we've been wanting, a speedy receiver who could stretch the field and take pressure off AJ.

Also, I love AJ. 10th season and still a beast.

mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #2
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The WR position

Well LeStar was hurt, and they limit his snaps from what I can tell.
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #3
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Is anyone else worried about the WR corps we have on the team? I thought LeStar Jean would at least come close to Jacoby's production, but I saw him make one play today and little else.

I'm happy that Keshawn Martin stepped up today, the kinds of returns he made are what we've been missing this season and he's slowly gaining Schaub's trust and a place in this offense. However, he hasn't been the guy we've been wanting, a speedy receiver who could stretch the field and take pressure off AJ.

Also, I love AJ. 10th season and still a beast.
Not to mention that Posey can't even get onto the field. I am wondering if we are going to get anything out of Jean. Martin shows some promise, but I was at the game and I saw him not get much separation on his corner. I'm hoping someone emerges from those 3. I'm giving them more of a leash since they have 2 good WRs ahead of them and a whole host of TEs who account for a large part of our offense.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

After watching them go 5 wide and do what they wanted ..... Im not concerned with the WR spot at all.

Wouldnt mind drafting a guy early at the position to maybe take over for AJ in a year or two .... but Martin and Walter are solid enough behind AJ as #2 and #3 WR's.

The more I think about it , the more I believe the OL needs a premium pick than any other unit. (Tho a lot depends upon what they do with their own FA's.)

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #5
Texas1975
Rookie

our WR's are doing a good job.... I mean you can't have All-Stars at EVERY position....

AJ = BEAST
Walters = gets it when we need him to
Martin = was very good today

PLUS

our TE's are like WR's.... in our offense anyway... so when you add
Daniels
Graham
Casey
to the list of receivers... we are doing pretty well....not to mention Adrian catching out of the backfield....

remember.. Schaub had a HUGE day. and Andre only caught 14 of those passes.....so SOMEONE is catching the others.... give the receivers a break!
Texas1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas1975 View Post
our WR's are doing a good job.... I mean you can't have All-Stars at EVERY position....

AJ = BEAST
Walters = gets it when we need him to
Martin = was very good today

PLUS

our TE's are like WR's.... in our offense anyway... so when you add
Daniels
Graham
Casey
to the list of receivers... we are doing pretty well....not to mention Adrian catching out of the backfield....

remember.. Schaub had a HUGE day. and Andre only caught 14 of those passes.....so SOMEONE is catching the others.... give the receivers a break!
Yo Adrian! .... what the hell you doing in the Texans backfield ?!

Old 11-18-2012   #7
Texas1975
Rookie

HAHA... damn auto-correct
Texas1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2012   #8
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not worried. We spread the ball around a lot and use our TEs like receivers. There just isn't enough of the ball to go around for everyone.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

KMart would have scored the winning TD if the CB didn't commit PI by holding him back. That was a nice route by Martin right there.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
KMart would have scored the winning TD if the CB didn't commit PI by holding him back. That was a nice route by Martin right there.
Yeah , he shook him outa his shoes .... Probably coulda called a facemask on the play too ....

Just nice to see that when they have to open it up , they have the ability to do so.

Old 11-18-2012   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Yeah , he shook him outa his shoes .... Probably coulda called a facemask on the play too ....

Just nice to see that when they have to open it up , they have the ability to do so.
Yule Yule. Teams like the Pats aren't so hot in pass defense. If we need to we can go all day with them.

BTW, I noticed McCourty was moved to safety against the Colts.
Old 11-18-2012   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209570 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather see send spend a high pick on an O lineman than a reciever.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #13
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny that this thread cpomes out after schaub passes for the 2nd highest yaradge total in NFL history.
Old 11-18-2012   #14
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 288 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yule Yule. Teams like the Pats aren't so hot in pass defense. If we need to we can go all day with them.

Because they just picked up Talib
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:

The more I think about it , the more I believe the OL needs a premium pick than any other unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'd rather see send spend a high pick on an O lineman than a reciever.
^^ Those guy's are smart^^

Old 11-18-2012   #16
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a feeling that Posey will be a decent player yet, maybe towards the end of the year or next season, we have a lot of really young WR's and are learning the trade from one of the best. I would like to see the texans pick up a solid #2 yet
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #17
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to see jean get more snaps. I like what I see from him and think he has big play ability, would like to see him play an entire game with the #1s. I bet he would surprise a lot of people
Old 11-18-2012   #18
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I would like to see jean get more snaps. I like what I see from him and think he has big play ability, would like to see him play an entire game with the #1s. I bet he would surprise a lot of people
I think he would as well if he can just get and stay healthy.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vupac1 View Post
Because they just picked up Talib
All I know is that a poster with SN said that when a team moves a first round CB to safety, that guy is a bust
Old 11-19-2012   #20
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think a WR taken high in next years draft should be a priority. AJ is a beast but he's getting older, has become more of a possession receiver, and doesn't get alot of yards after the catch like he used to. Walter is a very good possession receiver, very good blocker, but not real athletic and also not much yac, and getting older. I really like Martin in the slot, he's learning, but I think he'll work out nicely and be just fine in the slot for years to come. Jean has potential but in 2 yrs. hasn't shown us anything consistent, can't stay healthy, and Posey just seems like a wasted pick. Some early round talent would be nice in next years draft to compete with Walter at #2 WR with potential to become a #1.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read