Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012   #941
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18100 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Wrong. We always DESERVE to win. And we did.

It's a win.

This type of win, as pissed off as ALL of us were (as pissed off as I am sure the whole team WAS) it's the type of win that you use later down the road, when you're down and out and need to reach deep into the suitcase of courage.

This win, IMO, is huge. It will be used for future games when we're not clicking and need to sack up and get it done out there.

Best game of the year. LOVED it.
When the emotions have left my body... I'm sure ill agree with you.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #942
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans. 11/18. Noon. **Official GameDay Thread**

Great game, competition be damned. One of the most Exciting Texans games I've ever seen.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #943
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans. 11/18. Noon. **Official GameDay Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Based on what Henne did to us, we will get destroyed by Luck. and we have to play them twice.

Time to step it up.
Yep, we need to make every game is our statement game. So the opponents don't get funny idea that they can win against the Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #944
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
By the way, can we just go ahead build an Andre Johnson monument in front of Reliant Stadium.
We should put it on top of a skyscraper, or just sprinkle many of them throughout the entire Houston area. I'd vote for one in Sugarland's Town Center.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #945
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 19944 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I'm too old for this! Next game, I'm having an in-home nurse here to fetch my beer, and bring me back after the multiple heart attacks with her trusty defibrillator
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #946
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Was never in doubt! 9-1!
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #947
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

shefter tweets. "texans become first team in NFL history to score twice in overtime" lol obviously it was impossible before last post season. but useless trivia nonetheless..
Old 11-18-2012   #948
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58359 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
the injuries were affecting him, i see the old johnson again
14 CATCHES 270 YARDS I think it's safe to say he's back.
Old 11-18-2012   #949
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Too bad Rey had better things to do.
Old 11-18-2012   #950
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5919 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
shefter tweets. "texans become first team in NFL history to score twice in overtime" lol obviously it was impossible before last post season. but useless trivia nonetheless..
When Jax had the ball goal to go and a TD would have ended it, I was ready to post: "Does that make the Texans the answer to a trivia question, the first under the new rules to score in OT and lose?" I guess they were a different (and better) type of trivia question!
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #951
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 41206 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

My wife went into our bedroom in the 3rd quarter to left me alone (I'm grumpy when we are losing/lose). Guess she was really tired because she's still sleeping even after me yelling after AJs TD. Good thing my son was already up from his nap.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #952
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Based on what Henne did to us, we will get destroyed by Luck. and we have to play them twice.

Time to step it up.
But Luck lost to the Jags; just saying
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #953
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
My wife went into our bedroom in the 3rd quarter to left me alone (I'm grumpy when we are losing/lose). Guess she was really tired because she's still sleeping even after me yelling after AJs TD. Good thing my son was already up from his nap.
Mine was happy watching the game with me. She wasn't in earlier. She loves excitement I guess LOL
Old 11-18-2012   #954
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime100 View Post
too bad rey had better things to do.
lol
Old 11-18-2012   #955
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5919 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
But Luck lost to the Jags; just saying
Early on -- in week 3 when the Colts were struggling. Luck seems to be in rhythm now and the Colts are playing good football. Luck and the Colts are much better now than they were when they first played Jax in Game 3.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #956
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 10357 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to say, I am happy to have eaten all of my negative words that I spoke during this game.

That walkoff reminds me of the Milo Hamilton call in Game 4....

Holy Tolito!!! What a way to finish!!!

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #957
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Too bad Rey had better things to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Early on -- in week 3 when the Colts were struggling. Luck seems to be in rhythm now and the Colts are playing good football. Luck and the Colts are much better now than they were when they first played Jax in Game 3.
He got lucky quite a bit. He still throw lots of ball that should or could have been intercepted. But he's gonna be good for them in the long run, I agree.
Old 11-18-2012   #958
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian View Post
BOth personal records. Schaub 2nd most passing yards in a game in NFL hisotry behind Norm van Brocklin and tied for 2nd with Warren Moon.
I knew that yardage sounded familiar. Moon almost eclipsed Van Brocklin in the away game vs Chiefs, right?

In pregame warmups, Schottenheimer walked over to Moon (who was bent over, stretching) and gave Moon a little shove and a smirk. Moon proceeded to shred the Chiefs, IIRC, for over 500 yards and almost got the record.

Man, he tied Warren Moon??? That is crazzzzzy!
Old 11-18-2012   #959
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 10357 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably the best game we have ever had with Jacksonville.

Best one. Like I said earlier, this is to the people who miss the competitive games. Now let's just wait another 2 seasons before we have another one with them.

Also, If the Texans release some special edition DVD for their 25 year anniversary, I bet this is a game they include in the package.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #960
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

At first I was like... ...

Then I was like... ...

Dre is officially Superman, he let it be known today.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read