Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2012   #1
SrslySirius
Veteran

Rep Power: 1370 SrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Schaub #2 all time, passing yards in a game?

I tried my hand at some Google-fu, and this was all I could find.

http://www.numeroten.com/top-10-list...n-an-nfl-game/

So did Matt Schaub, with 527 yards today, just tie Warren Moon's #2 record for most passing yards in a game? Awesome, if so.
SrslySirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #2
sandmanx
Veteran

Rep Power: 797 sandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub #2 all time, passing yards in a game?

Yep, he's already on the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...500-yard_games
sandmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #3
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
I tried my hand at some Google-fu, and this was all I could find.

So did Matt Schaub, with 527 yards today, just tie Warren Moon's #2 record for most passing yards in a game? Awesome, if so.
Kinda funny cus today is Moon's bday!

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #4
SrslySirius
Veteran

Rep Power: 1370 SrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, I believe Andre Johnson's 273 yards put him in the top #10 all time for receiving yards in a game.

SrslySirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #5
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe there was some people asking for more passing by Schaub in the 20k thread a couple of weeks ago, think I posted pointing out that Kubes has a pretty itchy trigger to air it out when behind. Didn't even need the itchy trigger today we were well out of the game in the 4th Q and went nuts to bring it back.

When Kubes said we need to find more ways to win this week, I'm not sure that was exactly what he had in mind, but we still got the W, and aside from the two INT's, I was pleased to see that we do still have it through the air.

Kubiak calls a really very extreme percentages game, if we're ahead, we run the ball with the odd pass thrown in to stop the D from cheating, behind? Air it out with just the odd run here and there for the same purposes.

Its kept games close and led to respectable records when we've had a porous D and sketchy OLine play (8-8 years) and it seems to work a charm now too.

Happy with the win today, and that is the most important, I hear the coaches do an all-nighter tonight due to the Thursday game to get the gameplan ready for the players to come into on Monday, well they have a ****load of things to go through on our own game before they move on to looking at how the Lions play. 9-1, just win baby!
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Kinda funny cus today is Moon's bday!
No freaking way!!!!

OK, now I'm really creeped out.
Old 11-18-2012   #7
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub had his typical questionable throws but dammit if he didn't come up HUGE. Next time someone says, "Schaub isn't clutch", show them this game too.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2012   #8
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13104 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

It's crazy how fine a line it came to. If we had lost that game, people would probably blame Kubiak/schaub.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #9
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Our no huddle is lethal, wish we went with it more often.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #10
kiwitexansfan
Let's Mock!!!!!

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was moments from calling for Schaub's job last week, all is forgiven.
Old 11-18-2012   #11
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 31193 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
It's crazy how fine a line it came to. If we had lost that game, people would probably blame Kubiak/schaub.
Nah, I think we're past that as a fan base
Old 11-18-2012   #12
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 25876 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think it would have been more on D. They had a rough day today.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #13
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Vintage Schaub 2010. Only this time it goes in the W column.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #14
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Only Schaub can throw for over 500 yards, complete 43 passes, and 5 touchdowns while going largely unnoticed.

His modest style may not excite fans, but I guarantee you his teammates and coaches love the guy and believe in him. The dude can play. Those 527 yards weren't cheap. That last throw was the only screen pass of the game and there were no quick slants taken for 80 yards. I don't even recall a great catch. Nope... he just continued to fit the ball softly into his receivers' hands, over and over and over... Greg Graham, Owen Daniels, James Casey, and Kevin Walter combined for about 200 yards.
Old 11-18-2012   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What, you think this just means all is forgiven of Kubiak???

We got the win, but damnation Kubiak went back and forth all day long...doing things that made sense (causing us to succeed), then deviating from it (causing us to suck). It was the most wish washy playcalling day I have seen in a long, long time.

The determination of our guys out there, and a bit of the Jags losing their nerve in important moments, saved our asses today.

Whether it is Dennison or Kubiak or both, I don't know, but this game and the GB game are the only two games I've seen our defense play a bit "off." This thing of the Texans' offense kicking back and sort of sleepwalking, it happens too often. We're a great team, though, and the leadership by Schaub & his offense is what is willing this team to victories.

Schaub is QB of the year, IMO. Period.
Old 11-18-2012   #16
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Only Schaub can throw for over 500 yards, complete 43 passes, and 5 touchdowns while going largely unnoticed.

His modest style may not excite fans, but I guarantee you his teammates and coaches love the guy and believe in him. The dude can play. Those 527 yards weren't cheap. That last throw was the only screen pass of the game and there were no quick slants taken for 80 yards. I don't even recall a great catch. Nope... he just continued to fit the ball softly into his receivers' hands, over and over and over... Greg Graham, Owen Daniels, James Casey, and Kevin Walter combined for about 200 yards.
Honestly, if Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Brees put up these numbers, the media would be slobbering all over it. Schaub will never get that kind of attention, and I think that's probably the way Schaub wants it. I have been worried all year that we are not being tested in games and that could hurt us in the playoffs. It's good to see that our offense responded in a big way when it needed to. That was a big win and it came from a QB who should (but probably never will) be mentioned when talk of current elite QBs is mentioned.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #17
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
What, you think this just means all is forgiven of Kubiak???

We got the win, but damnation Kubiak went back and forth all day long...doing things that made sense (causing us to succeed), then deviating from it (causing us to suck). It was the most wish washy playcalling day I have seen in a long, long time.

The determination of our guys out there, and a bit of the Jags losing their nerve in important moments, saved our asses today.

Whether it is Dennison or Kubiak or both, I don't know, but this game and the GB game are the only two games I've seen our defense play a bit "off." This thing of the Texans' offense kicking back and sort of sleepwalking, it happens too often. We're a great team, though, and the leadership by Schaub & his offense is what is willing this team to victories.

Schaub is QB of the year, IMO. Period.
I have wondered if the reps players were getting were because of the short week. Forsett played a lot more than expected (and probably should be getting a lot more carries based on his play today). Kubes still frustrates me with his playcalls, but you take the good with the bad. He's done good for this team and we can't just give all the credit to Wade Phillips.

Second on the Schaub for QB of the year. He's clearly been the best game manager.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I was moments from calling for Schaub's job last week, all is forgiven.
Did he tweet to forgive you already?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #19
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember watching the Oilers game against the Chiefs when Moon threw for 527. Seems like the Oilers let up at the end and got the win and did not make an effort to break Van Brocklin's record which I think Moon would have easily done.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143455 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Man .... Van Brocklin's record of 554 has stood since 1951 .... Thats amazing.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read