Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2012   #21
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sharpton Activated; Troy Nolan Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Me too , I wish they woulda cut .... Andrew Gardner.
Gardner is backup for Duane Brown.
Old 11-17-2012   #22
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
So you're at the practices? Since Sharpton has been working out with the team I'm pretty sure he's been in the mix somehow.

Nolan wasn't even active last week. Not sure what the love fest for him is about. Since it's the defensive side of the ball I'll assume this is Wade's call and I'll take his word on it.
Well, no I'm not at the practices, it's just an assumption. Normally, when you have players on a team, you prepare with them, even if they don't play. I'd have to at least assume that Nolan was able to work out more, but I do know Sharpton has been working out with the team.

If you read the rest of my comment, you'll know I'm not really upset with it. Just weird that they did it so close to gameday, as opposed to using the last week on Sharpton's PUP. But, you said it best. Wade's call. In Wade we trust.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #23
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Gardner is backup for Duane Brown.
Gardner bas BAD ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Gardner bas BAD ....
snicker How can you tell? snicker.
Old 11-17-2012   #25
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
snicker How can you tell? snicker.
He looked more like a bullfighter than an Offensive Tackle , well he was pretty offensive .... during the preseason.

Old 11-17-2012   #26
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...f-b0e1ad6b5d14

In order to make room for Sharpton coming off the PUP list, The Texans have released Troy Nolan, again.

Watch for the Lions to sign him, and cue the GP conspiracy theories.
How was that a conspiracy theory?

I predicted it would happen. It happened.

It's how the league works: Teams sign waived players to help prepare against that player's former team.

Duh.
Old 11-17-2012   #27
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Me too , I wish they woulda cut .... Andrew Gardner.
Yep.

I'm ready to see whats Al's kinfolk can do.

He was playing pretty good ball, before his injury.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #28
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Yep.

I'm ready to see whats Al's kinfolk can do.

He was playing pretty good ball, before his injury.
I have never been impressed with Sharptons play .... Kinda wish they woulda left him inactive another week .... rather than cut Nolan.

Old 11-17-2012   #29
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

It's how the league works: Teams sign waived players to help prepare against that player's former team.

Duh.
The Lions released CB Alphonso Smith a couple of days ago. Gardner walks out. Smith walks in.......gets his ears cleaned out. After the Lions game, Smith walks out. Gardner drags his limp ass back in. Conspiracy covered up. Game in the win column. Game over.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #30
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

How about another scenario.

During a "safe" game against the Jags, Sharpton is activated........then released so he does not have to be paid as an IR or released with an injury settlement..........then we see Nolan's name back on the roster.
Old 11-17-2012   #31
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
Quote:
Sharpton: Im going to play my heart out tomorrow for my teammates, this organization & the city of Houston." #Texans

Darryl Sharpton: "Unexplainable feeling to be able to go out and play football again." #Texans
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #32
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have never been impressed with Sharptons play .... Kinda wish they woulda left him inactive another week .... rather than cut Nolan.
Nolan would have been on the inactive list tomorrow, don't see how waiting a week makes much of a difference.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #33
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Duh.
It's a joke man.

I just remember how you were when it first happened, and make a light poke at it.

No need to get defensive about it....

Old 11-17-2012   #34
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Odds are Sharpton will be hurt again before he ever records a tackle. That guy is the most injury prone player on the team.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #35
Lucky

Rep Power: 145631 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Demps makes Nolan redundant. Keo is the superior ST player.
There is no superior special teams player on the Texans.
Old 11-17-2012   #36
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Odds are Sharpton will be hurt again before he ever records a tackle. That guy is the most injury prone player on the team.
How about me?

Signed Bennie Jopru
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #37
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
How about me?

Signed Bennie Jopru
You just had to look at that guy, and he would tear his ACL. Haha

Old 11-17-2012   #38
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
You just had to look at that guy, and he would tear his ACL. Haha
That guy had terrible luck, I tell ya'.
Old 11-17-2012   #39
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
That guy had terrible luck, I tell ya'.
Truly one of the most talented TEs and nicest guys you'll ever meet........and he suffered a stroke just last December at age 32.
Old 11-17-2012   #40
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Truly one of the most talented TEs and nicest guys you'll ever meet........and he suffered a stroke just last December at age 32.
Yeah, I googled his name and read about the stroke awhile ago but didn't want to mention it.

Seems like he's fine now, isn't he?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read