Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2012   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Step it up, Texans!

What Texan do you think needs to get some minutes & step it up against Jags?

LeStar Jean, Brandon Harris, Brooks, Clutts, Forsett and Ben Tate for me.

This should be a game for all these guys to get on the field and show what they have.
Old 11-17-2012   #2
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Step it up, Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Ben Tate
That might be a tad difficult.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
That might be a tad difficult.
Thanks I had missed he was ruled out. Thought I read that all would be active.
Old 11-17-2012   #4
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you are getting ahead of yourself. They have to win the game first, there's a reason those guys are backups.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like them to run up the score in the 1st half and give TJ some playing time in the 2nd half. He didn't look all that sharp in pre-season and he needs the reps.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #6
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'd like them to run up the score in the 1st half and give TJ some playing time in the 2nd half. He didn't look all that sharp in pre-season and he needs the reps.
It seems like everyone says that every week, yet it never happens.

Before last season, Kubiak didn't like to take his guy out for any reason. That's how I knew Schaub was hurt when Lienart came in during the Tampa Bay blow out.

The only time I have seen Kubiak put a backup in was during the beatdown GB gave us. I think he was making a statement there.

So, I don't expect to see Yates at all.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #7
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I want the Texans to put away this game by first half so that our starter will be rested for Detroit game and chance to see the back ups and much needed reps in a real game (well, almost real since its Jags) .

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2012   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson80 View Post
I think you are getting ahead of yourself. They have to win the game first, there's a reason those guys are backups.
How am I ahead of myself by wanting and expecting to see these guys play? Texans should have game under control by halftime and backups should get time to show they should be Texans. You don't want to see anything but starters in what should be an easy game?
Old 11-17-2012   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I want the Texans offense to score 21 points in the first quarter to make GP happy.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #10
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I want the Texans offense to score 21 points in the first quarter to make GP happy.
But, GP is never happy.....

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #11
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Jean, hands down for me.

It's kind of sad, but I'll say that I haven't seen anyone replace what Jacoby brought to the offense

Don't misunderstand, I supported JJ leaving, but it left an opportunity for someone else to fill the slot, and unfortunately, I've yet to see much from anyone. And I'm not asking for much, but give us something!
Old 11-17-2012   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What Texan do you think needs to ... step it up against Jags?
Coach Kubiak.

I want to see us start getting some no-huddle work and keep it up throughout the remaining games. We're not always going to be ahead ... it's been one of Matt's weak points ... and get the darn plays in early, Coach.

I also want to see more time for various backup players with our ones.

Special teams still need work. We kicked a line drive kickoff 15 yards right into an opposing player's gut last week, for crying out loud.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Not possible.
Our offense is built to control the clock so at most we'll have two possessions in the first stanza. The first will eat up 7-8 minutes and the second possession will take nearly as long and leak into the second qtr.

And I don't think we'll start playing fast break (no huddle) football with another game only four days later. Kubiak will likely try to minimize the number of snaps against the Jags by slowing the game down or resting starters in the second half. Neither of those scenarios point to running the no huddle.
just my
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Not possible.
Not possible to make GP happy, or score 21 points in the first quarter? I admit, both are uphill climbs, but they can be done.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #15
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans should have game under control by halftime and backups should get time to show they should be Texans. You don't want to see anything but starters in what should be an easy game?
There are no "easy" games in this league. Especially division games. What you think the Texans should do and what will actually happen on that field tomorrow are 2 different things. The Texans won't, but if they were taking this game as lightly as some of the fans are, it might end up in the L column. Any team can win in this league any time they step on that field, regardless of records.

Take care of bidness, and the backups can get their work in on Dec. 30.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #16
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't mind seeing Jean get some snaps. He's not as sharp a route runner as Martin, but he can run go routes and make a play 1 on 1 which might be more effective than Martin to this point.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not possible to make GP happy, or score 21 points in the first quarter? I admit, both are uphill climbs, but they can be done.
That's funny to me!
Old 11-17-2012   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Great incentive for Kubiak!
Old 11-17-2012   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Not possible.
Our offense is built to control the clock so at most we'll have two possessions in the first stanza. The first will eat up 7-8 minutes and the second possession will take nearly as long and leak into the second qtr.

And I don't think we'll start playing fast break (no huddle) football with another game only four days later. Kubiak will likely try to minimize the number of snaps against the Jags by slowing the game down or resting starters in the second half. Neither of those scenarios point to running the no huddle.
just my
That was the reason I gave when GP said he wanted to see the Texans score 21 points on offense 3 or 4 times a year.

But like Thorn said, it might happen once in a blue moon so why not now?
Old 11-17-2012   #20
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

pretty much all our 2nd stringers and 3rd stringers

I hope

Yates Brandon harris and carmicoal play the hole 2nd half
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read