Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-16-2012   #1
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Injury Report and NFL Preview Texans-Jaguars

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...1-696d6a228f6c

http://www.houstontexans.com/

Tate is out.

COdy and O.D. both look good but will be game-time decision; so is Dobbins.

Sharpston also looks good but Kubiak is still unsure whether they will suit him up this week or not.

Also check out the two videos in which Watt was mic'd up.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222730 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Injury Report and NFL Preview Texans-Jaguars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...1-696d6a228f6c

http://www.houstontexans.com/

Tate is out.

COdy and O.D. both look good but will be game-time decision; so is Dobbins.

Sharpston also looks good but Kubiak is still unsure whether they will suit him up this week or not.

Also check out the two videos in which Watt was mic'd up.
I don't look for Sharpton or Cody to be out there Sunday. We're not going to fly or die by the presence or absence of Dobbins or OD against the Jags. So if they are that borderline, I'd say give them an extra rest for Thanksgiving.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #3
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 488 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

Every one better play next Thursday. No excuses left if they're sitting out this coming Sunday, especially Tate.
Old 11-16-2012   #4
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

If Sharpton can go then I'd like to see him activated for this Sunday. Considering the matchup, this would be a good opportunity for Sharpton to get some game reps in whether special teams or at LB.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #5
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
Every one better play next Thursday. No excuses left if they're sitting out this coming Sunday, especially Tate.
So if Tate's still experiencing soreness in his hamstring you want to run him out there next Thursday? That's not an excuse that's a reason. He doesn't need to see the field until he's 100 percent.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #6
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94457 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I don't look for Sharpton or Cody to be out there Sunday. We're not going to fly or die by the presence or absence of Dobbins or OD against the Jags. So if they are that borderline, I'd say give them an extra rest for Thanksgiving.
I would say between Dobbins and Sharpton, you really want to have to have one of them available on Sunday, or your ILB's are down to James, Ruud, and maybe shifting Nading to ILB once in a while.
Old 11-16-2012   #7
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphajoker View Post
If Sharpton can go then I'd like to see him activated for this Sunday. Considering the matchup, this would be a good opportunity for Sharpton to get some game reps in whether special teams or at LB.
Sharp's been out since training camp. There's no way he's even close to game shape. I don't see any way he plays Sunday. I'd be really surprised to see him in the lineup.

And I've never been wrong.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2012   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222730 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I would say between Dobbins and Sharpton, you really want to have to have one of them available on Sunday, or your ILB's are down to James, Ruud, and maybe shifting Nading to ILB once in a while.
I would agree with you. As far as Sharpton, the remarks made by Kubiak are less than encouraging after this long.......then he is faced with a short week following. Dobbins injury has not been characterized in any way, so he may be most likely to dress.......but not play unless really needed, or in a limited roll. We'll just have to see how really injured he is. The Jags don't truly have much of a running threat going. So we may be able to still use our secondary players this game to substitute the LB position as needed.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #9
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I would agree with you. As far as Sharpton, the remarks made by Kubiak are less than encouraging after this long.......then he is faced with a short week following. Dobbins injury has not been characterized in any way, so he may be most likely to dress.......but not play unless really needed, or in a limited roll. We'll just have to see how really injured he is. The Jags don't truly have much of a running threat going. So we may be able to still use our secondary players this game to substitute the LB position as needed.
Did Dobbins get hurt when Cutler ran into him?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #10
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Wut about the jags ..????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290332 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Did Dobbins get hurt when Cutler ran into him?
No.

Dobbins got hurt on that fumble return. He went to the locker room after that and came back after a series or two.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 151293 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

In a world where injuries never come at a good time (don't we know it), with Dobbin's, Sharpton's and the others situation we caught a break in terms of timing.

Thank you 8-1, and Jacksonville! Your value is immeasurable.

I'll still be nervous come Sunday as always, though.
Old 11-17-2012   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 172599 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
The Texans will be in nickel most of the time, after they get the early lead. Quin or Demps will be in the nickel LB spot then.

I would rest anyone nicked up so they can be ready for the Lions. Detiot on Thanksgiving is a tough place to win.
Old 11-17-2012   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Texans will be in nickel most of the time, after they get the early lead. Quin or Demps will be in the nickel LB spot then.

I would rest anyone nicked up so they can be ready for the Lions. Detiot on Thanksgiving is a tough place to win.
did Barry Sanders come back or something

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Sharp's been out since training camp. There's no way he's even close to game shape. I don't see any way he plays Sunday. I'd be really surprised to see him in the lineup.

And I've never been wrong.
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein

RT @MarkBermanFox26: Texans activate ILB Darryl Sharpton for Sunday's game and waive safety Troy Nolan.
Old 11-17-2012   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290332 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein

RT @MarkBermanFox26: Texans activate ILB Darryl Sharpton for Sunday's game and waive safety Troy Nolan.
That's an interesting development.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read