Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-16-2012   #21
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 119055 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I want Andre Johnson to score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Decker has 7 TD's in the last 6 games. I would be extremely hesitant to put him on my bench.
Yeah, but OD has TD's in 5 of his last 6 games, and Decker only caught two passes (none for TD's) in his last game.

Not an easy decision at all (and I realize that doesn't help).
Old 11-16-2012   #22
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope we see a 80/20 pass to run balance this week to give Foster a break.
Old 11-16-2012   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I hope we see a 80/20 pass to run balance this week to give Foster a break.
? What?!

You'll only see an 80/20 pass to run balance if the team is down by a lot of points early and our running game has been stonewalled.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #24
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

"Look at that Butthead! Arian Foster's gonna score! Andre never gets to score!"

"Settle down Beavis!"

"No! It's not fair! Arian Foster scores all the time! Throw it to AJ!"
Old 11-16-2012   #25
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
? What?!

You'll only see an 80/20 pass to run balance if the team is down by a lot of points early and our running game has been stonewalled.
I know, Kubiak would never game plan that way. Plus the offense is built in such a way that this would change their scheme, they need the play action to pass withour OL.

I'm just saying that Arian needs the rest, and I don't want to see Tate out there.

I have a feeling that Kubes views every win as precious (which they are), and will run the hell out of the ball on the Jags, and Foster will probably see 25 carries.

Hope I'm wrong, I'd like to see 5 carries for Arian just to keep the Jags honest and 20+ carries for Forsett. Won't happen, but oh well.
Old 11-16-2012   #26
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they'll take some shots down the field and try to get up on the Jags early, then feed them a steady diet of Forsett. If Forsett doesn't get it done then either Arian or Ben will get more carries but I think the passing game will be effective and we'll have a quarter in there somewhere that looks like that big quarter we had against Miami in week one (in terms of points) but it will be done through the air with long passes to AJ and possibly Walter.
Old 11-16-2012   #27
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I know, Kubiak would never game plan that way. Plus the offense is built in such a way that this would change their scheme, they need the play action to pass withour OL.

I'm just saying that Arian needs the rest, and I don't want to see Tate out there.

I have a feeling that Kubes views every win as precious (which they are), and will run the hell out of the ball on the Jags, and Foster will probably see 25 carries.

Hope I'm wrong, I'd like to see 5 carries for Arian just to keep the Jags honest and 20+ carries for Forsett. Won't happen, but oh well.
I think the 20+ carries for Forsett only happens if the Texans get up in the 1st half by 20+ points, which is what I'm hoping happens. That will give the starters (mainly Foster) some rest for the Lions game. If it's one of those grind-it-out close games the starters have to play the whole time that's not going to be good for the Lion's game. And, it won't be good for wear-and-tear on Foster. I hope he's got something left for the playoffs.

As for AJ, I don't think he's ever going to be the guy he was 4 or 5 years ago, but if he can play the way he has the last couple of games that's OK. And, he should be fresh for the playoffs where they need him. I just wish they would start playing the young WR's more and get them more involved in the game. Where the heck is Lestar Jean!?
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #28
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
So do I!! He's killing my FF team!

Seriously, i would give up winning ANYTHING with my FF team, IF ONLY AJ would get back to his old self. Just wanna see that excitement that comes with an AJ TD!!!

Ain't dat da truth... I have A.J. AND Schaub.
...and K.W.
...and Forsett
...and K-Mart...

Arian went #1 overall in our draft
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #29
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
...and K.W.
...and Forsett
...and K-Mart...

Same here, OD, AJ and Schaub. Arian went #1 in my league also.

I have a division game this week, so need all the points I can muster. Right now I'm planning of playing AJ and Decker. I have until one hour before game time to change my mind!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #30
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
...and K.W.
...and Forsett
...and K-Mart...

Duh.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #31
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I miss Andre TDs too. Offense just doesn't work like that. And I don't want to see fades. Those plays are wasted downs most of the time. One of my least favorite plays in all of football.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #32
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

C'mon man, sure AJ scores

Still Texans have been able to score without him or a legitimate #2 WR. Another receiving weapon would force defenses to un-cover double & triple teams.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #33
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Just amazes me as much of a guru kubiak is with offense that he doesnt call more fade route plays for AJ in the endzone.
Old 11-17-2012   #34
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Just amazes me as much of a guru kubiak is with offense that he doesnt call more fade route plays for AJ in the endzone.
Maybe there's a reason for that.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #35
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Duh.
I smile everytime I think about that because a couple of years ago, I drafted Arian in the third round and got a room full of quizzical, "are-you-nuts" looks. Back then, everyone thought he was a backup and roster filler and that picking him in round 3 was waaaay too high.

That was 2010 the year he ended up leading the league in rushing.
So I was like...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #36
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

I'm happy, I'd rather watch Andre Johnson play and win in the superbowl more than worry about his fantasy stats.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #37
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Its not even about his fantasy stats, I just hate people talking down on AJ
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #38
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

Agreed, just as our team on the whole gets media attention it seems like AJ gets somewhat forgotten aside from a few highlight clips. I'd really like him to return to his old monstrous self, at least for one big game in the play-offs.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #39
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Its not even about his fantasy stats, I just hate people talking down on AJ
Tell 'em to suck a fat one, 'Dre doesn't need to prove himself.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #40
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh. If AJ doesn't score another touchdown all season but gets a ring I think he'll be happy.

I hope, hope, hope that they make it happen this year. That guy is a class act and deserves it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read