Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-13-2012   #101
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Should I accept this trade" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
Me

Jimmy Graham
Reggie Wayne

Him
Brandon Marshall
Willis Mcgahee
Brandon Pettegrew

My team.
Tom Brady
Wayne, Bowe, Maclin, Floyd, Santana Moss
Matthews, Reggie Bush, Steven Jackson, and Jennings
Graham, Dressen
Would not do.
Old 11-13-2012   #102
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I don't even understand why you are considering this trade. A top 3 TE and top 3 WR for a slight upgrade at WR and RB? I don't get it. Pettigrew isn't doing that well this season, especially in non-PPR leagues. You would be losing a large advantage in Graham IMO.

I wouldnt consider it but being 7th out of 10 has had me thinking of doing something drastic... my team just cant get wins
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #103
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wouldnt consider it but being 7th out of 10 has had me thinking of doing something drastic... my team just cant get wins
I've been there but the worst thing you can do is make a crazy trade that makes your team even worse.

Find a better trade.
Old 11-14-2012   #104
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
TE is where you can get a decided advantage over your league, and you have the top guy on a team on the upswing. I'd consider Trent Richardson, Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles, maybe Alfred Morris.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #105
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok AJ Green and Jonathan Dwyer for Doug Martin and Jordy Nelson. I am giving up Green.

My WRs are Megatron, Amendola, Greg Jennings, Jeremy Maclin, and James Jones.

My RBs are Sproles, Spiller, MJD, Dwyer, and Vick Ballard.

Should I do it?
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #106
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Ok AJ Green and Jonathan Dwyer for Doug Martin and Jordy Nelson.
Tilted firmly in your favor, I'd jump on that personally.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #107
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116441 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok AJ Green and Jonathan Dwyer for Doug Martin and Jordy Nelson. I am giving up Green.

My WRs are Megatron, Amendola, Greg Jennings, Jeremy Maclin, and James Jones.

My RBs are Sproles, Spiller, MJD, Dwyer, and Vick Ballard.

Should I do it?
Um YEAH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #108
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Done. Last time, the same guy backed out of an even better trade. He was willing to do Welker and Martin for Green, Amendola, and Ballard. I finally talked him into sending me Jordy instead and letting me remove Amendola.

The irony: I traded him Martin to begin with. I made an absolutely terrible trade early in the year when Martin was sucking. Sent him Martin, Matt Ryan, and Decker for Green, MJD, and Cam Newton. That trade did not work out well at all. Hopefully this one ends up better...
Old 11-16-2012   #109
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Done. Last time, the same guy backed out of an even better trade. He was willing to do Welker and Martin for Green, Amendola, and Ballard. I finally talked him into sending me Jordy instead and letting me remove Amendola.

The irony: I traded him Martin to begin with. I made an absolutely terrible trade early in the year when Martin was sucking. Sent him Martin, Matt Ryan, and Decker for Green, MJD, and Cam Newton. That trade did not work out well at all. Hopefully this one ends up better...
I think you did well on this trade. As much as it hurts to give up Green, you really needed the help at RB and Nelson should be a decent replacement. Gotta ask though, how long you planning on hanging on to Greg Jennings?
Old 11-16-2012   #110
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I think you did well on this trade. As much as it hurts to give up Green, you really needed the help at RB and Nelson should be a decent replacement. Gotta ask though, how long you planning on hanging on to Greg Jennings?
Thanks man. I really appreciate it. When I get to a computer, I will rep all of you that replied.

With Jennings, I just have him sitting on IR. I would definitely have cut him by now if he was using a roster spot that is for dang sure.
Old 11-16-2012   #111
Say Watt
Site Contributor

What really hurts is if I could have done it all over again and had not made the trade earlier in the season, I'd be dominating. My lineup would be:

Matt Ryan
Doug Martin
CJ Spiller
Darren Sproles
Megatron
Eric Decker
Jimmy Graham

That is a championship team IMO with Amendola, Maclin, and James Jones as key backups. Still though, I feel pretty confident with

Andrew Luck
Doug Martin
CJ Spiller
Darren Sproles
Megatron
Jordy/Amendola
Graham

Just wish I had an upgrade at QB. I am hoping/expecting big things from Luck down the stretch though.

It's a PPR league by the way thus adding huge additional value to guys like Sproles.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read