Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-09-2012   #421
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Who should I start" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
OK, I listened to you guys last week and it worked out GREAT! Bout killed me to bench OD, but, worked out in my favor.

This week! Two of the three. My gut tells me to bench AJ, but, CRAP, how do you bench AJ??????? We've been waiting for a breakout game, will this be it?? I say NO, not if he has Tillman on his arse all night. I'm leaning toward playing OD and Decker. CONVIENCE ME this is the right thing to do!! THANKS!!

AJ
OD
Decker
Start Decker for sure. OD is highly questionable to play Sunday so you need to watch it closely but I would probably go with AJ this week.
Old 11-09-2012   #422
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
I need to start a third WR. I have Megatron and AJ Green at WR1 & 2.

Jeremy Maclin or Amendola?
I'm not a Maclin fan, I would go with Danny especially in ppr but I am a Red Raider so I might be biased.
Old 11-10-2012   #423
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I'm not a Maclin fan, I would go with Danny especially in ppr but I am a Red Raider so I might be biased.
Yeah the Maclin situation has been very disappointing. Well actually it has more to do with Vick looking like the worst QB in the league than it does Maclin but as a fantasy player, Maclin has sucked.

I'm just worried about Danny's injury. Is he really going to be able to put up some numbers against the San Fran D?
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #424
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AJ
OD
Decker
Decker & AJ for me.

Quote:
Jeremy Maclin or Amendola?
Maclin for me.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #425
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks guys! AJ and Decker it is!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #426
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Who should I play in the flex, I need to choose one of the following:

Sidney Rice
Jonathan Dwyer
Jeremy Maclin
Kendall Wright

Too bad it's too late for Cecil Shorts, he would have gotten me 22 pts. Right now the nod is going to Rice. I might be able to be talked into Wright, but the other two scare me this week.
Old 11-11-2012   #427
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Who should I play in the flex, I need to choose one of the following:

Sidney Rice
Jonathan Dwyer
Jeremy Maclin
Kendall Wright

Too bad it's too late for Cecil Shorts, he would have gotten me 22 pts. Right now the nod is going to Rice. I might be able to be talked into Wright, but the other two scare me this week.
I think Rice is your best bet, but none of them are too enticing.
Old 11-11-2012   #428
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Thanks. I agree. Wright might have a good game with Locker coming back and the miami pass defense is not all that.
Old 11-11-2012   #429
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
With Redman tweeting he's getting the start I have to pass on Dwyer.

I'd roll with Maclin, mostly because Cromartie has been effective shutting down WR1s so far. Tough call, though.
Old 11-11-2012   #430
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1719 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Eli for me.

Man I'm glad I sat Flacco for Eli.
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #431
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Yeah the Maclin situation has been very disappointing. Well actually it has more to do with Vick looking like the worst QB in the league than it does Maclin but as a fantasy player, Maclin has sucked.

I'm just worried about Danny's injury. Is he really going to be able to put up some numbers against the San Fran D?
Looks like you couldn't have gone wrong. Danny is back, he had a huge game against an awesome defense. He also had an 80 yard catch called back in OT. I'm starting him going forward.
Old 11-12-2012   #432
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wouldn't have mattered who I played, my team crashed and burned!! BUT, our TEXANS won so I really don't care!! On to next week!
Old 11-15-2012   #433
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

Brandon Gibson, Cecil Shorts, or Rashad Jennings in the flex spot?

Gibson is going against the Jets. I could also bet on Ben Tate coming back this week and vulturing a TD with what should be limited touches.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #434
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Foster needs a rest, I'm smelling an aerial gameplan.

So should I play OD over Decker? I know OD practiced this week, but, still don't know if Kubes will go easy on him due to his hip injury. I was planning to play Decker, but, my "gut" tells me to go with OD. BUT, if we get a sizable lead over the Kittie's, Kubes might sit some of his starters, including AJ and OD.

The Denver/SD game should be a good one, IMHO. PM always seems to pull off some kind of "magic" when he goes to the air. Decker has become a fav target. WHAT TO DO!!!???

CRAP, I hate trying to second guess this stuff!
Old 11-16-2012   #435
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeycharp89 View Post
Brandon Gibson, Cecil Shorts, or Rashad Jennings in the flex spot?

Gibson is going against the Jets. I could also bet on Ben Tate coming back this week and vulturing a TD with what should be limited touches.
I don't really like any of the choices. Cromartie is likely to match up on Gibson, Jennings isn't going to run on Houston and they will likely give up on the run early on into the game. Shorts has been good but I worry he might face Joseph.

I would start Shorts and hope Joseph covers Blackmon.
Old 11-16-2012   #436
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Foster needs a rest, I'm smelling an aerial gameplan.

So should I play OD over Decker? I know OD practiced this week, but, still don't know if Kubes will go easy on him due to his hip injury. I was planning to play Decker, but, my "gut" tells me to go with OD. BUT, if we get a sizable lead over the Kittie's, Kubes might sit some of his starters, including AJ and OD.

The Denver/SD game should be a good one, IMHO. PM always seems to pull off some kind of "magic" when he goes to the air. Decker has become a fav target. WHAT TO DO!!!???

CRAP, I hate trying to second guess this stuff!
I answered you in another thread but I'll post here in case you missed it. Decker has 7 TD's in his last 6 games, to bench him at this point would be blasphemy.
Old 11-16-2012   #437
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102920 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I answered you in another thread but I'll post here in case you missed it. Decker has 7 TD's in his last 6 games, to bench him at this point would be blasphemy.
Seconded.

Od's comming off injury. Its reasonable to expect the texans to dominate on the ground after an early lead.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #438
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
So should I play OD over Decker?
Decker for me.
Old 11-16-2012   #439
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Yea, I agree.

I was having one of my SENIOR moments in that other thread.. Really didn't mean to post anything about FF, just forgot it wasn't this thread. Kinda HIT me on a spur of the moment type of thing to ask.
Old 11-18-2012   #440
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Sproles, Amendola or Jordy? Pick 2.

League is PPR.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read