Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-16-2012   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I want Andre Johnson to score.

I just think Andre has been putting in a quiet effort and if not for him, Matt doesn't have as many yards receiving last week cuz it seemed like he was the only one catching anything and I just miss #80 scoring a TD.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I want Andre Johnson to score.

So do I!! He's killing my FF team!

Seriously, i would give up winning ANYTHING with my FF team, IF ONLY AJ would get back to his old self. Just wanna see that excitement that comes with an AJ TD!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I think AJ has been making marked improvement over the past few weeks. He's starting to look more and more of his old self.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #4
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2070 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think AJ has been making marked improvement over the past few weeks. He's starting to look more and more of his old self.
Yup. Even more encouraging, he's been quoted many times the past few weeks claiming the same thing.

He has said the work in the training room has really helped him and he feels like he's getting better by the week.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
But even "his old self" was never much of a TD machine. In fact, I dont think he's ever had double digit TD's for a season. Not his fault, just the way the offense runs.
Old 11-16-2012   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 392068 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Dr. CND foreshadowed Andre's potential decline.

I still think we'll see some old school Andre when we really need him.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ's gonna blow up this week. Mark it down.
Old 11-16-2012   #8
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
AJ's gonna blow up this week. Mark it down.
Consider it marked down. I'd love to see him have a break out beastly game as well and what better team to do it against.

GO AJ!

GO TEXANS!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #9
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Ive been feeling the same way for a while now.
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's going to be his lead-in game to the Lions Thanksgiving Day game where the whole country will be watching AJ and Megatron. There will be a lot of talk about AJ being over the hill but he's going to want to show people that he's still one of the best on a big stage with Calvin Johnson. AJ is getting better every week and I think he's going to start taking over games when the situation lets him beginning now. Also Matt had 95 yards passing last week, he's gonna want to throw it around tomorrow.

Foster needs a rest, I'm smelling an aerial gameplan.
Old 11-16-2012   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ is doing what I expected, recovering. I just wished he was not getting clobbered on these short passes. He has had some passes bounce off him that I question but as long as he is near 100% come playoffs I am cool.
Old 11-16-2012   #12
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Foster needs a rest, I'm smelling an aerial gameplan.

So should I play OD over Decker? I know OD practiced this week, but, still don't know if Kubes will go easy on him due to his hip injury. I was planning to play Decker, but, my "gut" tells me to go with OD. BUT, if we get a sizable lead over the Kittie's, Kubes might sit some of his starters, including AJ and OD.

The Denver/SD game should be a good one, IMHO. PM always seems to pull off some kind of "magic" when he goes to the air. Decker has become a fav target. WHAT TO DO!!!???

CRAP, I hate trying to second guess this stuff!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #13
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Smile Re: I want Andre Johnson to score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
So should I play OD over Decker? I know OD practiced this week, but, still don't know if Kubes will go easy on him due to his hip injury. I was planning to play Decker, but, my "gut" tells me to go with OD. BUT, if we get a sizable lead over the Kittie's, Kubes might sit some of his starters, including AJ and OD.

The Denver/SD game should be a good one, IMHO. PM always seems to pull off some kind of "magic" when he goes to the air. Decker has become a fav target. WHAT TO DO!!!???

Flip a coin.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #14
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never understood why we don't throw more fades to him in the endzone.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
I think one of the reasons is that we like to pound the rock. If we want to keep the PA intact, the fade is out of place since it requires a quick throw. Just my thinking.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #16
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post

Decker has 7 TD's in the last 6 games. I would be extremely hesitant to put him on my bench.
Old 11-16-2012   #17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I think one of the reasons is that we like to pound the rock. If we want to keep the PA intact, the fade is out of place since it requires a quick throw. Just my thinking.
Legit reasoning. Foster taking it in sure has been successful.

-Ben Franklin
Old 11-16-2012   #18
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Everytime we're in the RZ, I want em to just lob it to AJ on a Fade Route and let him make the play. Out of the 2 times they did, they wouldve been TDs if Champ Baileys foot didnt hit the ball, and then the deep throw in the EZ where I believe the defender was holding AJs jerseys to prevent the catch. I forgot what team it was, I wanna say the Bills.
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #19
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
Schaub cant throw good fades?
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #20
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Schaub cant throw good fades?
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-m...ohnson-TD-grab

-Ben Franklin

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read