Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2012   #81
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: afc south

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
The Pats/Colts game scares me because the Pats defense kinda sucks and the Colts have enough offense to exploit sucky defenses. Question is, will the ol' gunslinger Brady outduel the young gun Luck. I know this is already an afternoon game but if I were NBC I'd petition to have this game moved to prime time.
The pats defense made the bills look good lol yalls game was close but you held them to fieldgoals. Im hoping we win but i see brady tearing us a new one
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #82
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
The Pats/Colts game scares me because the Pats defense kinda sucks and the Colts have enough offense to exploit sucky defenses. Question is, will the ol' gunslinger Brady outduel the young gun Luck. I know this is already an afternoon game but if I were NBC I'd petition to have this game moved to prime time.
I think they have to announce a flex game 10 or 12 days ahead of time. I'm guessing that at that time (and maybe even now without Big Ben), NBC was looking at ratings and thinking Steelers/Ravens was going to outdraw anything else they could put there.
Old 11-14-2012   #83
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
ya was hoping for a broncos colts wild card game...be amazing ratings but chances of that happening lol
Well if the Ravens can keep winning, there's probably a pretty decent chance.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #84
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 16898 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I think they have to announce a flex game 10 or 12 days ahead of time. I'm guessing that at that time (and maybe even now without Big Ben), NBC was looking at ratings and thinking Steelers/Ravens was going to outdraw anything else they could put there.
They actually just flexed this game into the late game, it was originally a noon game.
Old 11-14-2012   #85
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
They actually just flexed this game into the late game, it was originally a noon game.
Yeah, I meant specifically the Sunday Night game when I said 10 or 12 days (NBC announced on Nov. 5th that they were not flexing out of Steelers/Ravens).
Old 11-14-2012   #86
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well if the Ravens can keep winning, there's probably a pretty decent chance.
If I recall broncos are winning too and have legimate chance at 2nd seed
Old 11-14-2012   #87
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
If I recall broncos are winning too and have legimate chance at 2nd seed
Yep, all you're doing if you beat NE on Sunday is increasing their chance of being the #4 seed, and you're chance of meeting them in the Wildcard round (in Foxborough).
Old 11-14-2012   #88
coltfan123
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Yep, all you're doing if you beat NE on Sunday is increasing their chance of being the #4 seed, and you're chance of meeting them in the Wildcard round (in Foxborough).
Dont beleive we will beat patriots:P we are in reload mode we want a good draft pick i think even the coaches are shocked we beat some the teams we beat.
Old 11-15-2012   #89
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I dont beleive texans fans hate the colts organization. You were stuck in same devision with a Elite qb..probably one of the greatest qbs of all times. and for many years texans had a defense that was easy to shred. i have always felt there was a grudge against peyton not colts. maybe im wrong.

well i for one Have haterd for the colts not all but some colts fans would come to houston and talk mad **** and we had to take it .... yeah we couldnt say anything

i hate everyone in our divison and thats the way it should be
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012   #90
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I'm actually pretty excited at the prospect of TJ Yates leading the charge against a team playing with their season on the line. It would be great to see what he can do in that environment.
Didn't think about it that way. But we've already seen him win a play-off game. You know, win or go home.
Old 11-15-2012   #91
Allstar
Bona fide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Didn't think about it that way. But we've already seen him win a play-off game. You know, win or go home.
I'd like to see how far he's come since a year ago.
Old 11-15-2012   #92
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hello colts fan here (I come in peace) just wondering what you guys feel about colts one game behind you (pending bears game). Texans fans at all worried colts could threaten division?

anyways im rooting for texans to beat the bears..and a no injury game.
I'm not worried about the Colts this year, barring injury we should sweep the Colts. With that said the Colts rebuild has been impressive to say the least. With another great draft or 2 the Colts will be a formidable opponent for years to come. I'm not looking forward to facing Luck for the next 15 yrs..
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012   #93
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Jags going no where anytime soon.

Titans could improve, but not a whole lot really.

Colts will get better and contend, but won't have a complete structure for another year or two. (or three)

Texans are prime right now, and will be so for at least another two or three years. If they keep drafting right, for much longer than that.

In the end, it'll be the Texans and Colts for a long time to come. Might as well get used to it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012   #94
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 9223 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Was hoping for a lil bit more class, was actually rooting for you guys last year with all those injury's. eventually Andre will retire and so will shaub and foster and when you guys are in rebuild mode. and we are thru the rebuild.. and the tables are turned ill try to show a little more class then this guy.
Class? If you think that by NOT wishing the colts into the playoffs at the expense of the texans losing to them shows a lack of class, then I'm guilty as charged.

Look, I respect the colts and believe them to be an organization that shares similar traits with the texans in regards to character and integrity. But that doesn't mean I should have to walk on pins and needles when coltfan wants to come into this forum and drop a thread asking if we are worried.

No. Not worried. Only worried that this organization would consider letting up in week 17 and give a division rival a chance to advance themselves through gift rather than merrit. The colts had a hand in keeping the texans out of the playoffs in years past, so I see nothing wrong or classless in me as a fan wanting the Texans to return the favor. The only difference being that the Texans do it by playing well opposed to the colts having layed an egg in the past.
Old 11-15-2012   #95
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 9223 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dont beleive we will beat patriots:P we are in reload mode we want a good draft pick i think even the coaches are shocked we beat some the teams we beat.
Speaking of class.

Are you suggesting the colts intentionally tank for a better draft pick? Suck for Luck 2.0 ?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read