Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2012   #21
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 164415 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Yates best backup QB in the NFL

I think as much as Yates is a good backup the Texans offense as run by Gary when Matt & Matt both went out was a good situation for a backup. Much of TJ's success came as a result of Kubiak not putting too much on him, going with what he did well, basically just creating a good situation for him to be successful in.

Yes, I complimented Gary Kubiak. Why are you all looking at me like that?
Old 11-14-2012   #22
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think as much as Yates is a good backup the Texans offense as run by Gary when Matt & Matt both went out was a good situation for a backup. Much of TJ's success came as a result of Kubiak not putting too much on him, going with what he did well, basically just creating a good situation for him to be successful in.

Someone hijacked Hervoyel's account?
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #23
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Msr I agree, I am not saying Yates sucked , just how any times did ths offense score over 16 points (just picking a teen number) when he played? I know hevwasva rookie and where he was drafted. He needs some seasoning
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #24
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

so do yall think Yates will be the answer when schaub retires which i hope isnt soon i hope matt plays till 40 LOL

or will we be drafting or F/A a young puppy

or will we d0 what the colts did wait till ur starter is gone and figure it out then LOL meaning tank a season LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #25
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I think Yates is better in this system than he would be elsewhere, just because he had the college experience running it. That allowed him to get off to a fast start. I don't know whether he could be a good starter down the road at some point, but I do know that if that's ever going to happen, he needs reps. I'm kind of hoping the Texans sew this thing up early and he can get some clean-up duty in the last few games.
Old 11-14-2012   #26
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah esp this week i'd like to see Yates get some playing time
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #27
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:

I agree with you.

Given my druthers if it had to come to going to a backup though if he was healthy I would rather have Sage.

Why are you all looking at me like that?
Old 11-15-2012   #28
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 6605 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Yates best backup QB in the NFL

You know, in Canadian college football, the Ontario champions win the Yates Cup
Old 11-19-2012   #29
9baller
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 9baller is a quality contributor and well respected9baller is a quality contributor and well respected9baller is a quality contributor and well respected9baller is a quality contributor and well respected9baller is a quality contributor and well respected9baller is a quality contributor and well respected9baller is a quality contributor and well respected9baller is a quality contributor and well respected9baller is a quality contributor and well respected9baller is a quality contributor and well respected9baller is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Colin Kaepernick over Yates. Not hating on Yates, just saying.
9baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #30
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

TJ Yates is the best backup in the NFL?

I don't ever want to see that guy starting for this team ever again.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read