Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-13-2012   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kevin: An idea on how to reward Subscribed Contributors

What if TexansChick would do some TexansExclusive articles maybe once every 4 months, and only the Subscribed Contributors could get those delivered to their inbox?

Then she could release that same article to the Chronicle a few days later, or maybe even let us have first access to it or something. Even if it was given to us one day prior or even "same day" but 6 or 7 hours ahead of it posting to the Chronicle.

I dunno. Maybe the Chron has a policy against her doing that, just wanted to share and idea for incentives to be a paid subscriber to your mb.
Old 11-13-2012   #2
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin: An idea on how to reward Subscribed Contributors

Sounds good to me.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still waiting on the donuts they promised me.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm still waiting on the donuts they promised me.
They were talking about an inflatable donut for you to use because of your hemorrhoids, Thorn.

They didn't send it because they figured AARP already sent you one.

Old 11-13-2012   #5
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Did TC agree to this, or was she just thrown out there?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Huh?

I dunno. I was just thinking "out loud" about how it would be neat to reward the paying subscribers here by letting those members have early access to her blog articles. Or to have her craft some TexansExclusive articles maybe a couple or three times a year. Sort of like ESPN Insider.
Old 11-13-2012   #7
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Is she is paid by the chron Im sure they would LOVE for her to give out her articles here first
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2012   #8
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

t-shirts/stickers I'm sure he can work something out with bull shirts. Proving subscriber only content drives the ire of anyone that has had to pay for the longhorn network....

http://www.bull-shirts.com/

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Its easy to just volunteer others to do work for you...nice.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #10
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Raffle off a texans hat (different) evey month.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
They were talking about an inflatable donut for you to use because of your hemorrhoids, Thorn.

They didn't send it because they figured AARP already sent you one.

Oh wait...uh, I'm really pissed off and hurt and feeling rejected and I'm gonna sue. (Need to pad my retirement fund.)

Any good lawyers out there?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #12
TexansJohn 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 0 TexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respected

How do you know if someone is a subscriber? I donate $5/month through PayPal....are there any "perks" that come with that that I am not aware of?

Not complaining, as I just see it as a small contribution to keep the site going, but if there are perks, I'd like to know!
TexansJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Its easy to just volunteer others to do work for you...nice.
Meaning what?

Hint: This is one of those times where I think I know what you mean, but I want to get clarification anyway.

To me, I don't think it's asking anything that overwhelming. Hell, pay her from the funds. And it would be a rare thing, not a weekly deluge of articles. Not even once-per-month. 2, maybe 3 per year. Something really good and really unique that could reward subscribers.
Old 11-13-2012   #14
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Meaning what?

Hint: This is one of those times where I think I know what you mean, but I want to get clarification anyway.

To me, I don't think it's asking anything that overwhelming. Hell, pay her from the funds. And it would be a rare thing, not a weekly deluge of articles. Not even once-per-month. 2, maybe 3 per year. Something really good and really unique that could reward subscribers.

How would you need clarification? You offered someone else's work to reward other people. If you wanted to make an offer why dont you do the work instead of offering other's work up? Again if the Chron pays her for her work Im sure they would mind if she passed out the work ahead of time
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 304149 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think GP should do a river-dance at your kid's b-day party if you are a subscribed contributor.
Old 11-13-2012   #16
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 116197 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I think GP should do a river-dance at your kid's b-day party if you are a subscribed contributor.
After he makes balloon animals shaped like Toro!
Old 11-13-2012   #17
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Meaning what?

It means you are being a pig-headed, inconsiderate jerk. I'm still floored that you offered someone else's personal time up. How rude!
Old 11-13-2012   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 266080 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think we should get anything unless the site is profitable. ( Except, of course, for the dancing girls that were promised if I entered a monthly subscription. )

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #19
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansJohn View Post
How do you know if someone is a subscriber? I donate $5/month through PayPal....are there any "perks" that come with that that I am not aware of?

Not complaining, as I just see it as a small contribution to keep the site going, but if there are perks, I'd like to know!
pm Hookem Horns and he will get you a fancy blue name.

Let him know your username and name on the paypal account.
Old 11-13-2012   #20
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What if TexansChick would do some TexansExclusive articles maybe once every 4 months, and only the Subscribed Contributors could get those delivered to their inbox?

Then she could release that same article to the Chronicle a few days later, or maybe even let us have first access to it or something. Even if it was given to us one day prior or even "same day" but 6 or 7 hours ahead of it posting to the Chronicle.

I dunno. Maybe the Chron has a policy against her doing that, just wanted to share and idea for incentives to be a paid subscriber to your mb.
That is an awfully kind thing to suggest. Because some people might not like my articles inflicted on their inbox.

There's no policy against it from the Chronicle as far as I know, but oof, the logistics. That, and I think that people should want to be Subscribed Contributors here out of the goodness of their own hearts. For the intrinsic goodness of it. That it makes them feel good to support something awesome.

At least that's what I tell my kids about why they don't need to receive rewards for getting good grades. That I'm proud of them, but that they need to be proud of themselves because nobody going to be around all the time giving them gold stars when they do good things.

However, for all Subscribed Contributors, I will do a dance in your general direction. Ta da! ->

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read