Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2012   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson allowing only 2.5 receptions and 35 yards per game

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
That is the first two games, his snap counts went down and roles changed during the season when he seemed to actually regress. Jason Allen
came in and McCain didn't even suit up late in the season.
After the first two games we were all mostly just pumped about Arian and Andre. We obviously were a BIT suspicious watching joey galloway run right past Jackson all day.
Now you done make me go back and watched another 6 or 7 games of the 2010 season, LOL!

I am sorry, but you rely on your memory too much.

First off, early in the seasons, once in a while, McCain would spell KJax in the line-up so he can have a breather. McManis also saw the field here and there. Quin played the most number of snaps.
That continued through the year.

What Allen did was to knock McCain down to a dime back, with McManis no longer playing. Quin was also able to take a breather now and then.
If KJax saw reduced playing time, it was minimal. It doesn't hurt a rookie a bit not to have to play the whole game late in the season.
I was in the group that would rather have a veteran in the line-up to start the season with for the same reason anyway.

Now I think you need to bring proof to back up your statement that he seemed to regress instead of just relying on your memory.

BTW, Galloway did not run past KJax but that one time when the Texans were either playing with 10 men on the field or Wilson simply dissapear. I had talked about this in length before. I went back and look at that play again several times.

Playing for an inside release, the CB has got to have deep safety help in the middle on the post route; there was none.

It was supposed to be zone under anyway. KJax was not on Galloway initially. He was on another receiver on the outside. When this guy when into motion to fake a reverse (he never went past the LOS), KJax didn't follow him; that was the first sign of zone coverage.

Secondly, with the Skins in 21 personnel, both receivers were on KJax side, but there was no other CB anywhere near him; that's the second sign of zone coverage.

Thirdly, the Texans were in their 4-3; Quin was on the other side, the strong side with the TE with Pollard behind to back him up; that's the third sign of zone coverage.

After that, KJax only gave up two more receptions, both were short routes under 10 yards.

After that, KJax only gave two short passes, both under 10 yards.
One was on a difficult to defend short fade; the other was in front of the short zone.

There was a Galloway break out that McNabb missed, but KJax was on the other side of the field. I won't bother go into detail who the other CB was and whatever happened on that play, but you can guess it: no safety in the middle either.

I will get to the other points later.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read