Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-09-2012   #41
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster running out of bounds

Reading failure on my part apparently, but yeah that clock rule has been in place for a while. The college game actually implemented a similar rule in their game after the NFL except its the last 2 minutes of each half. The most head scratching clock rule was when NCAA had the clock start after change of possessions so you had teams having to run their offense on the field like a fire drill if they were out of timeouts and were trying to make a late drive to win the game. One of the most bizarre things I've ever seen.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #42
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey34 View Post
I agree with everyone that says he should minimize the hits that he takes. I was going to use Emmitt Smith as an example too. He had a very long career for a workhorse running back because he rarely took a big hit. Many times he would step out to save the contact. I just wish backs like Campbell or Payton had done the same and extended their careers. How many backs do we see that seem great for a yr out two but you never hear of them again because they burnt out.

PS: My mother and I were just discussing the poppies and Remembrance Day during the Chelsea match. She remembered the poem and as she read it I realized I had recited it too. I didn't expect out to be discussed in a Texans forum though. Nice to see.
Welcome to the board.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #43
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm all for foster going out of bounds instead of taking unnecessary hits, we need him to have a long and productive career here. some games require that extra effort though. against the bears he had a 7 yard run and ducked out with plenty room to get to the first down marker. he would've taken a shot going for it, but in a game where offense is almost nonexistent, i'd prefer him working for the extra yards.
Old 11-13-2012   #44
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i'm all for foster going out of bounds instead of taking unnecessary hits, we need him to have a long and productive career here. some games require that extra effort though. against the bears he had a 7 yard run and ducked out with plenty room to get to the first down marker. he would've taken a shot going for it, but in a game where offense is almost nonexistent, i'd prefer him working for the extra yards.
On the same token, he seemed extra careful with the ball, which might have contributed to him deciding to live with whatever he got instead of fighting for more.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #45
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm all for him running out of bounds too but would like to see him simply fall down in bounds before being hit, when the clock is on our side and he already picked up the first down/as many yards as he could.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #46
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
I can't follow you on this one. In addition to us needing him to touch the ball around 30 times because Tate is out, we were battling crazy weather conditions so our passing game was obsolete. Arian was our only effective weapon. If he would have stayed in bounds to battle for a couple of extra yards and got hurt then we really would have been screwed. Then there would have been pulling calling him stupid for NOT going out of bounds. He played that game perfectly and there's nothing I wanted to see him do differently.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read