Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2012   #41
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Collinsworth can go suck a big fat stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I didn't notice anything all that negative from Collinsworth. I think Houston fans have a natural propensity for thin-skinned whining. Anytime we don't get our collective knobs polished by the national media it's part of some "Hate On Houston" campaign that's secretely funded by ESPN and the Eastern/Liberal/Elite.

Frankly I find it unbecoming but that's just me.
Well said. This speaks for me as well.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #42
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

He sounded more clueless than bias. The guy's style is like listening to an emo Ben Stein.

WTB Gus as the Texans color man every game.

OH MY GOD!!

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I don't like Collinsworth. I don't think he "looks" like a football guy, "sound" like a football guy, or "knows" half the crap he pretends to know.

But I don't think he is partial to any one team, or that he has any bias against the Texans.

I think he may still have some of that, "You gotta prove it to me first" attitude that most have when concerning the Texans, but I believe that is warranted.

Again, just because I like saying it..... I hate Chris Collinsworth.

As a side note, my wife didn't know that was Frank Gifford... she grew up watching Regis & Kathie and she knew Kathie was married to a "football player" but she had no idea who Frank Gifford was.
Old 11-12-2012   #44
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
He sounded more clueless than bias. The guy's style is like listening to an emo Ben Stein.

WTB Gus as the Texans color man every game.

OH MY GOD!!
The bolded is really funny to me!!! *repped*
Old 11-13-2012   #45
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I watch Inside the NFL every week and he's been giving us plenty of props since last year. I think this is much ado about nothing.

Listen guys, if not every person is ready to get on their knees and bow to our greatness it doesn't mean they hate us. They have to be objective in their jobs which is pointing out the negatives as well as the positives. We're not a perfect team. I'm not sure where this middle brother complex comes from but it gets annoying.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #46
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahunter221 View Post
You people that dont hear the bias against the texans from this pencil neck peckerwood must have ADD.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #47
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I don't like Collinsworth. I don't think he "looks" like a football guy, "sound" like a football guy, or "knows" half the crap he pretends to know.

But I don't think he is partial to any one team, or that he has any bias against the Texans.

I think he may still have some of that, "You gotta prove it to me first" attitude that most have when concerning the Texans, but I believe that is warranted.

Again, just because I like saying it..... I hate Chris Collinsworth.

As a side note, my wife didn't know that was Frank Gifford... she grew up watching Regis & Kathie and she knew Kathie was married to a "football player" but she had no idea who Frank Gifford was.
Cris Collinsworth was one of my favorite non-Oiler wide receivers back in the early 80's. He was a long-ball type of receiver and I loved the way he just dropped the ball over his back after he ran into the end-zone. It was a very cool, nonchalant sort of thing.

I hate him as a commentator.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #48
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 811 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

He threw some positive comments in there, but at the start of the game not even 2 minutes in he says this is starting to feel like the Sunday game against Green Bay. That was annoying, but other than that he wasn't any more bias than usual.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #49
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson80 View Post
He threw some positive comments in there, but at the start of the game not even 2 minutes in he says this is starting to feel like the Sunday game against Green Bay. That was annoying, but other than that he wasn't any more bias than usual.
He referenced it being like that game in the context of us coming out of the gate throwing and not trying to run opening up the game. He even followed it up saying that. We gotta do better people than worrying about every time someone points out a negative about us. As fans we do it all the time. So you expect an analyst not to?
Old 11-13-2012   #50
Txn_in_FL
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 33753 Txn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_FL is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry, but Collinsworth was on the Bears' jock the whole game. Even my daughter, at the ripe old age of 9 said "Dad, is that guy going to talk about the Bears all game?"

I crap you not.
Old 11-13-2012   #51
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 811 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

We start many games throwing so why reference the only game we lost. Is the green bay game the only Texans game he has seen this year?
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #52
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
We start many games throwing so why reference the only game we lost. Is the green bay game the only Texans game he has seen this year?
Good point! Maybe he doesn't watch complete game film and just watches cut ups of games. The only game we've started with a run this year was Buffalo.
Old 11-13-2012   #53
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

He was fine to me until the play Cutler got popped by Dobbins on. He was clearly past the line of scrimmage and he was a bit excessive about how that should be legal and about the dirty hit.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #54
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

At the beginning of the game, the whole Tillman one two punch thing was getting annoying. I proposed a drinking game to my husband for everytime we heard it, but he whimped out 'cause he had to go to work in the morning.
Old 11-13-2012   #55
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Collinsworth is just annoying regardless of who's playing. Too much of a know it all every Sunday Night.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #56
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
He was fine to me until the play Cutler got popped by Dobbins on. He was clearly past the line of scrimmage and he was a bit excessive about how that should be legal and about the dirty hit.
And they were BOTH defiant about Foster's goal line catch. I mean, drama drama drama...as if there was just no way that ball didn't touch the ground. Only after like the zillionth replay did he finally say "Yeahhhhh...that's a catch." LOL.

One thing he said that really threw me for a loop, though, is that he 100% nailed Brandon Marshall's push-off on JJo by saying "Joseph says 'Oh yeah, you wanna push me? Alright, I can play that game too!'" Most announcers (i.e. Dierdorf) would have said the CB committed blatant P.I. on that play. Collinsworth called it correctly. Which throws me for a loop.
Old 11-13-2012   #57
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't like Miss Collinsworth when she was playing for the Bengals, when she was a commentator for Fox Sports and I still don't like him/her now.Vugg it.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #58
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Say what you will about Collinsworth, try re-watching the Ravens game with Gumbledorf having an on-air orgasm talking about Terrell Suggs.
Old 11-13-2012   #59
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
He begged for the Bears to throw the challenge flag for 5 min before it was challenged. Saying he was not beyond the line of scrimmage, it was disgusting how he did it.
Old 11-13-2012   #60
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2070 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Seems like it, doesn't it?

This is the problem with most guys that cover the league for a national media outlet. They're naturally more exposed to the more popular teams, so when it comes to teams like the Texans, they either keep referring to cliches about the team or go off of what they've personally seen.

In this case, it was the Green Bay game. Probably the ONLY Texans game he's seen more than a significant portion of in his entire seven or so years doing color commentary for NBC Sunday Night Football.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read