Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2012   #1
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A good read found on TC's blog

This is an article I found as a link on Steph's Chron blog. I found it interesting and historically spot on from what I recall about the times then...

What can we learn from Gary Kubiakís career in Houston?

Gary Kubiak doesnít have a personality like a Ryan or a Harbaugh. He hasnít been profiled to death like Andy Reid or Norv Turner. He doesnít have the rings of Mike Tomlin or Bill Belichick. If not for the simple fact that heís been in Houston forever, Iím not sure if most NFL fans could even name the head coach of the Texans. But his coaching career has been a fascinating one that leaves me with more questions than answers.
In January 2011, I wrote that Kubiak and Jack Del Rio were given incredibly long leashes in the AFC South. From 1970 to 2010, only four head coaches had (a) finished with a .500 or worse record in four out of five seasons with the same team, (b) finished with a .500 or worse record in the fifth season, and (c) were retained to coach for a sixth season. The four head coaches ó Marvin Lewis, Dan Reeves, Bart Starr, and John McKay ó all had extenuating circumstances for their failures, which differentiated them from Del Rio and Kubiak, who were about to become the fifth and sixth such coaches.

Things have changed dramatically in 22 months. The Jaguars have changed owners, head coaches, and quarterbacks, and likely will have a new general manager soon, too. Meanwhile, the Texans still have the same four men ó Bob McNair, Rick Smith, Kubiak and Matt Schaub ó in the four most prominent roles in the organization. Houstonís one big move, hiring Wade Phillips as defensive coordinator, has worked perfectly. Phillips has turned a dreadful Houston defense into one of the best units in the league.

READ THE REST HERE

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't give clicks to the Chronicle.

Thank you for the bit you posted, though.
Old 11-12-2012   #3
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A good read found on TC's blog

Generally, I like Steph Stradley's blog. But, when it comes to Gary Kubiak, I can't read her. She loves the guy, will defend him through ANYTHING, and is not necessarily impartial. Other than that, she's great. But when it comes to Kubiak, she has a massive blind spot.

As a friend messaged me last night: "Kubiak should write Wade checks, because if it wasn't for him, Kubiak would have been fired two years ago."

Amen.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #4
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I just don't give clicks to the Chronicle.

Thank you for the bit you posted, though.
Its not a link to the chron.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
This is an article I found as a link on Steph's Chron blog. I found it interesting and historically spot on from what I recall about the times then...

Wow, really great read, especially that last section, the Q&A with Texans_Chick... it's really nice to have a fan like that representing us on the national stage (as opposed to the Walrus & Justice).

This was an interesting comment & something I've always felt to be true
Quote:
I agree that Houston essentially was an expansion team twice ó itís something I wrote about here ó so I agree that Kubiak did a nice job rebuilding the team.
Cleveland is the closest thing to what we had at the time & look at where they are. I think the first thing they have to do, is find someone with a vision of the organization from top to bottom, then find someone who can instill that vision, & finally, stick to their guns.

That's what McNair did & it seems to be working out. Cleveland on the other hand is being run by the media & the fans. They'll have a revolving door at the head coach/gm positions until they figure that out.

I'm not a big Kubiak fan. It wouldn't have hurt my feelings if he was let go after the 2010 season. I still feel jilted that both he & Smith still have the same positions in this organization.

But I'm enjoying the 8-1 start
Old 11-12-2012   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
As a friend messaged me last night: "Kubiak should write Wade checks, because if it wasn't for him, Kubiak would have been fired two years ago."
Yeah, I still don't agree with that.

We've beaten several "good defenses"

This is a team game. Defense doesn't win on it's own. Last night we beat a top 5 NFL defense in their house. It wasn't because our defense played better than theirs, it was because our offense played better than theirs. Most people thought special teams was going to decide this game & they were a non-factor.

We beat the Steelers last year. The Steelers who finished with the best defense in the league.

Last year, the NYJ, Jacksonville Jags, Cincinnati Bengals, Philladelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks, & Cleveland Browns had top 10 defenses. None of those teams were in the class of the Houston Texans.

& it is widely believed (meaning outside of Houston Texas) that the absence of an offensive player (Matt Schaub) hurt our chances of a Super Bowl appearance last year more than any thing else.

No doubt about it, without Wade nothing we've seen in the last two years would have been possible (& maybe that's what you are saying) but without an offense, we're the Jags or the Browns.
Old 11-13-2012   #7
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68808 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Totally agreed. They both deserve a ****load of credit.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2012   #8
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 81301 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

What do you mean you found a good article on her blog? All her articles are good.

Even though she and Lance Zeirlein are the only reasons to go to the Chronicle, they are very good reasons.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
What do you mean you found a good article on her blog? All her articles are good.

Even though she and Lance Zeirlein are the only reasons to go to the Chronicle, they are very good reasons.
It's hard for me because before she was contributing to The Chronicle, she was here and doing stuff for this board...we would all say "The Chronicle should have YOU as its Texans beat writer!"

Then she becomes a blogger for them, and now (sad to say) I find it hard to click on the link and go to the Chronicle-based blog articles she writes. I don't like the way the Chronicle holds its nose up and "regular Joes" while their own "professional" Texans writer is, how do I say this, not up to standard for us.

She invests huge amounts of time, has cultivated great relationships while balancing those relationships with true journalism creativity, and I guess I still just hold a grudge at the Chronicle because they get clicks to their site off of her.....but she's not their bonafide Texans reporter. It's like they're getting away with murder, to me, putting cronyism above professionalism. Granted, TC might not even WANT a full time gig with the Chronicle.

I just have a conflict with going to that site. It goes back to the days of Richard Justice and how he would skewer the Texans without knowing what he was taking about, then jump on board the bandwagon, then hop off of it, and then Johnny Pancakes gets everything wrong that he puts his hand to. But hey, just like Arian Foster snuck onto the Texans...so did TC find a way to make the Chronicle look and function in a competent manner. Quickly.

I wish she would sometimes do some "TexanTalk exclusive" stuff here, even if it was just 3 or 4 times a year. I am not in any way griping at her, per se, just not happy with the Chronicle.
Old 11-13-2012   #10
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
...I just have a conflict with going to that site. It goes back to the days of Richard Justice and how he would skewer the Texans without knowing what he was taking about, then jump on board the bandwagon, then hop off of it, and then Johnny Pancakes gets everything wrong that he puts his hand to. But hey, just like Arian Foster snuck onto the Texans...so did TC find a way to make the Chronicle look and function in a competent manner. Quickly.

...just not happy with the Chronicle.
GP, do what you can do to iron that wad outta your panties. The link DOES NOT take you to the Chron as I tried to get across by saying "on" instead of "in". I'm sure it's difficult to make that distiction in so few words, there just isn't that much room in the title block. It's actually a link to "footballperspective.com" and it's a well written piece. By my standards anyway.

I guess I could have pasted all but the last sentence but that doesn't seem to adhere to the "no full article" rule, in spirit anyway.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice piece but I'm not sure what to say on Kubiak. At this time, it looks like it was the right move and the team is succeeding. My issue with stories like above, is that it implies Kubiak was dealt a bad hand and he just had to wait it out. The reality is he had a part in the bad hand...helping pick those D Coordinators, play calling where Foster wasn't involved or he was running half back passes, time management and with draft picks. So I don't think his first 4-5 years were just a great coach in waiting. He was a very bad coach at times.

The next issue has to do with Wade. To me this team has co-head coaches. One on O and one on D and it works really well. They drafted well for this D system. Maybe Kubiak turned a corner somewhere overall as coach but I think it is more about Wade. I'm also not sure if Schaub's injury didn't force him into an offense that actually was the best in the long run and then he realized it. I give Kubiak credit for everyone buying into his system and being a great O coach. Great guy.

So overall I'm in a holding pattern with signs pointing towards positive. I just don't think you can rewrite history and absolve him of the first years and the decisions that were made.
Old 11-13-2012   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
GP, do what you can do to iron that wad outta your panties. The link DOES NOT take you to the Chron as I tried to get across by saying "on" instead of "in". I'm sure it's difficult to make that distiction in so few words, there just isn't that much room in the title block. It's actually a link to "footballperspective.com" and it's a well written piece. By my standards anyway.

I guess I could have pasted all but the last sentence but that doesn't seem to adhere to the "no full article" rule, in spirit anyway.
I get it. I know full well that THIS article is not a Chron-linked article. I'm talking about the others that she's shared on here.

I was just saying why I initially didn't click the link. And why I hesitate to click any of TC's linked articles.
Old 11-13-2012   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Nice piece but I'm not sure what to say on Kubiak. At this time, it looks like it was the right move and the team is succeeding. My issue with stories like above, is that it implies Kubiak was dealt a bad hand and he just had to wait it out. The reality is he had a part in the bad hand...helping pick those D Coordinators, play calling where Foster wasn't involved or he was running half back passes, time management and with draft picks. So I don't think his first 4-5 years were just a great coach in waiting. He was a very bad coach at times.

The next issue has to do with Wade. To me this team has co-head coaches. One on O and one on D and it works really well. They drafted well for this D system. Maybe Kubiak turned a corner somewhere overall as coach but I think it is more about Wade. I'm also not sure if Schaub's injury didn't force him into an offense that actually was the best in the long run and then he realized it. I give Kubiak credit for everyone buying into his system and being a great O coach. Great guy.

So overall I'm in a holding pattern with signs pointing towards positive. I just don't think you can rewrite history and absolve him of the first years and the decisions that were made.
Same here.

Because Gary is, generally speaking, a good guy who doesn't have Rex Ryan or some other sort of antics we'd be loathsome of...doesn't mean we need to forget the early years.

Builder of a competent offense, great identification skills as to what players he wanted in the offense (Schaub, Owen Daniels, the entire offensive line), but somewhat iffy as a "game day" manager from situation to situation. And grossly incapable of choosing proper defense staff members. For all that Gary can do well, he sort of nullified it with bad choices at d-coord.

Along comes Foster, Tate, and the offense becomes fairly automated--Able to go out there and manage themselves for the most part. Now BOTH phases of the offense are producing yardage and wins. Yet the team cannot overcome its bad defense when facing equally-talented or more talented opponents.

Along comes Wade and now the offense can literally snooze for an entire quarter yet still boot itself into competency at the snap of a finger, and we win. Consistently.

He steadied the organization. Nobody ever quit on him, not the front office, not the owner, not the players. Some fans did and some did not. Now that there's a bit of a happy ending, there is always some wringing of hands over those first several years of a failed defense, and a capable but not "complete" offense that held us back a few seasons ago. It has worked out for everybody in the end.
Old 11-13-2012   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post

Yup. I pretty much agree with you and thats whether I agree with them or not. They're always a good read.
Old 11-13-2012   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Great read.

I am and have been a Kubiak fan. But even I would have fired him after the 2010 season. I think he's a very good coach but he is offensively oriented and he needed a defensive coach to balance him.

I'm glad McNair decided to be even more patient than I would have been.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #16
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Great read.

I am and have been a Kubiak fan. But even I would have fired him after the 2010 season. I think he's a very good coach but he is offensively oriented and he needed a defensive coach to balance him.

Seems like McNair is more patient than all of us.

I am glad for that. If it was put to a vote, Kubiak probably would have been out. Luckily, McNair had that final say, and here we are now!

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Great read.

Ditto except the firing part. I would have given him one more year. I love the offense. Pre-game they put a side by side comparison up of two plays. Exact same formation - shown first from a rear view, then overhead - one a stretch play to Foster, the other a roll out with Schaub. They were identical right up until Schaub pulled up to throw the ball.

Then I watch other games, for example they were going on about Baltimore using play action this weekend, and it is the lamest thing in comparison. Straight back with the OL barely doing anything to make it look like a run play, the RB taking the fake and then immediately hopping forward into pass protection and Flacco has a miserable play fake which actually makes Carr's almost look OK.

I love his route designs as well. This last game is a good contrast. The Bears run a route tree which is very simple. It is based on hopeful mismatches of athleticism by Marshal and Hester. Kubiak schemes to create separation much more.
Old 11-13-2012   #18
WG9032
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 WG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respectedWG9032 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Ditto except the firing part. I would have given him one more year. I love the offense. Pre-game they put a side by side comparison up of two plays. Exact same formation - shown first from a rear view, then overhead - one a stretch play to Foster, the other a roll out with Schaub. They were identical right up until Schaub pulled up to throw the ball.
Agree. I think Kubiak is one of the best offensive minds and teachers in the game. Many teams would jump at the chance to have him run their offense.

Houston Frog mentioned co-head-coaches. That's fine, lots of offensive minded head coaches especially aren't that involved in the other side of the ball. Philly and Andy Reid had a great run for many years with the late great Jim Johnson. That defense and that team has never been the same since he unfortunately passed.

Kubiak just needed a good mind on defense, and now he has one of the best.
WG9032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Generally, I like Steph Stradley's blog. But, when it comes to Gary Kubiak, I can't read her. She loves the guy, will defend him through ANYTHING, and is not necessarily impartial. Other than that, she's great. But when it comes to Kubiak, she has a massive blind spot.

Amen.
Eh. All coaches and players have strengths and weaknesses. When everybody was talking just about Kubiak's weaknesses, nobody was talking about his strengths. So it might seem like I'm being partial, but really I'm trying to bring balance to the discussion.

When everybody was talking about firing Kubiak two seasons ago, he had the 2nd most efficient offense in the league. It's actually hard to win 6 games/be competitive in more when you have the worst defense in the league.

Was it Kubiak's desire to go into the 2010 season with an entirely inexperienced secondary? Don't know. But it is pretty easy to say that the Texans would have a much better team if they got better coaching on the defensive side of the ball.

Ultimately, if I thought the Texans would have had a better shot at winning faster if Kubiak was fired in 2010, I would have advocated for it. I've advocated for various firings in the past. But for me, at the time, I didn't think that was worth doing, especially when the rumor was that Rick Smith was going to stay and Kubiak was going to get fired. That rumor made not one lick of sense to me.

In any event, I was right, you were wrong. Neener neener. You can call that a blind spot, but I call it scoreboard.

(But thanks for the kind words on non-Kubiak topics. )
Old 11-17-2012   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
(But thanks for the kind words on non-Kubiak topics. )
Speaking of non-Kubiak topics, what's your lawyer brain say about Hartmann's law suit?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read