Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-09-2012   #41
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Overall fan response not what I expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
That's BS! I commented to my wife how embarrasing it was that the stadium was half empty during the 4th quarter of the Bills game. We have a city full of fair weather fans. I could understand if we were getting blown out, but we were winning. I don't see the mass exodus from other stadiums when I see them on TV. It's quite strange IMHO.
Yeah, too many people bail half way through the 4th quarter. I remember the Falcons game last year a few in my section cleared out. And you're not gonna find a better down the stretch game than that.
Old 11-09-2012   #42
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we can expect to see a massive influx of "new" fans near playoff time, and especially if we can make a run in the playoffs.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #43
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Sam you might not remember the craziness of Luv ya Blue but this city went berserk for two years. I mean strangers meeting by chance in an elevator or just anywhere immediately began talking Oilers. The only thing close to that was the Rockets 1994 and 1995. We may be a dominant thing but still baby new to it; so yeah chest thumping should be rampant. We are nowhere near Packer or Patriot fan expectations of an annual playoff appearance. Texans (people not the team) have always lived through sports from kiddie ball to majors. Having lost an NFL team and going through several losing and so so seasons with McNair's team, I just expect more at least for now.
Your last sentence holds the key to the problem.

A lot of folks had their heart ripped out when the Oilers left Houston. Maybe these folks have never recovered the way WE have?

For many people, they might have chosen other teams OR might have just give up on it altogether. Plus, with social media and smart phones we're not talking on elevators with people anymore...we're typing things onto a phone and interacting digitally now.

Those things might factor into the lack of buzz. If I want to chat it up about Texans football, I'm doing that here and not with random dude on elevator.

Different times.
Old 11-09-2012   #44
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Your last sentence holds the key to the problem.

A lot of folks had their heart ripped out when the Oilers left Houston. Maybe these folks have never recovered the way WE have?

For many people, they might have chosen other teams OR might have just give up on it altogether. Plus, with social media and smart phones we're not talking on elevators with people anymore...we're typing things onto a phone and interacting digitally now.Those things might factor into the lack of buzz. If I want to chat it up about Texans football, I'm doing that here and not with random dude on elevator.

Different times.
GP I think your post has much to do with it. I still strike up conversation with random folks wearing and NFl gear & lead into Texans but probably many do not do that.

I have stronger since of urgency/trepidation with Cody out now and OD probably reduced to just a few plays if that.
Old 11-10-2012   #45
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I was a little surprised that the steady stream of Texans fans leaving at the beginning of the 4th quarter. This is FOOTBALL!! And we have a great team! You pay full price for a ticket to FOUR quarters of NFL football, why not enjoy it?!

Then again, I'm one of the folks who sat through every home game of the 2-14 season, never leaving our seats until the clock showed 0:00, so I might not be the best person to comment on these folks...
I'm with you, I've never left early either. Good or bad, I stay til the end.
Old 11-10-2012   #46
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81710 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
I'm with you, I've never left early either. Good or bad, I stay til the end.
Heck, I always stay until the end even if it's a PS game, a basketball game, anything really. I can understand that some folks have other obligation afterward though.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #47
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

some people dont like to get stuck in traffic some people go back to the parking lot to party and some people go upstairs to creep on da gurlz LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
I think the term is cautiously optimistic.
Well, I think the truth of the matter is that we haven't done anything yet.

For us, who live & die BattleRed & SteelBlue, there is plenty to be excited about. But for the casuals & the muffhuggas... we haven't done anything yet.
Old 11-12-2012   #49
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46287 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
I think the term is cautiously optimistic.

I'll feel a lot better about this season if we win in Chicago. But we need to beat Chicago and/or NE for me to really good about this team heading into the playoffs.
I'm feeling A LOT BETTER this morning!!!!

Stemp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #50
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 24531 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, I think this town is more Texans crazy than I've ever seen it..

OH YEAH!!

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #51
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Heck, I always stay until the end even if it's a PS game, a basketball game, anything really. I can understand that some folks have other obligation afterward though.

You pay so much for the ticket to get in that when I do get to go I get every seconds worth out of it.
Old 11-12-2012   #52
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes

because the texans were suppose to be this great team but when they play prime time games they can barely beat the jets, get crushed by green bay, and barely beat jason campbell.

those games were suppose to showcase our great team but the texans underwhelmed and underperformed.

Cant blame the fans and media for their reluctant approach.

All that matters for the texans are playoff wins.
DaTruthExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #53
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

did yall see that picture of all the texans fan at that Silver ball thing in CHI someone post that

Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #54
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Did they use to work for Continental?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #55
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Yall Should see whats happening in San Antonio...heh heh

Ill post pics soon but check out Houston Texans Fan Club of San Antonio on FB. Last night we had party and it was packed. We have over 900 members.(or people who like page...whatever)

Pretty cool...not as monolithic for Dallas as you have been led to believe.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #56
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I get more response now than I have in the past when I wear Texans' gear. They play Texans games now here in Dallas almost every week.

But we don't get a lot of media attention because we're not a story. We've got the quietest WRs in the league. We've got one of the calmest QBs in the league. Even most of our defensive players aren't THAT in your face. Our guys aren't going out and shooting people or getting busted or hitting their girlfriends or anything. Our coaching staff could give classes in not giving the other team bulletin board material, always being respectful of the talent of the players on the other team no matter their record.

So most people don't identify with our players. They don't get a chance to learn who our guys are.

BUT.

We had to take a connection through Cincinnati. As I was walking onto the plane, the stewardess pointed at my shirt and said, "You guys are 8-1!" Which was a surprise. Later on, she came by and talked to us. She'd been watching the game in Mexico. When she found out we'd been at the game her response was... "Shut up!" It was kinda cool.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #57
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I get more response now than I have in the past when I wear Texans' gear. They play Texans games now here in Dallas almost every week.

But we don't get a lot of media attention because we're not a story. We've got the quietest WRs in the league. We've got one of the calmest QBs in the league. Even most of our defensive players aren't THAT in your face. Our guys aren't going out and shooting people or getting busted or hitting their girlfriends or anything. Our coaching staff could give classes in not giving the other team bulletin board material, always being respectful of the talent of the players on the other team no matter their record.

So most people don't identify with our players. They don't get a chance to learn who our guys are.

BUT.

We had to take a connection through Cincinnati. As I was walking onto the plane, the stewardess pointed at my shirt and said, "You guys are 8-1!" Which was a surprise. Later on, she came by and talked to us. She'd been watching the game in Mexico. When she found out we'd been at the game her response was... "Shut up!" It was kinda cool.
So...was she Hot?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012   #58
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
So...was she Hot?
Actually, she was kinda cute.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #59
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Actually, I think this town is more Texans crazy than I've ever seen it..

OH YEAH!!

TJ
Agreed. I see more people wearing the gear, car flags, etc. than ever before.

As for people leaving the stadium early, I never do, but it happens everywhere. There were a lot of empty seats at the end of the Steelers game Monday night.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012   #60
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Do people in Houston still fail to have Reliant filled at KO ? That's a sign of poor
fan support, but many in Houston don't seem to have a clue about that ?
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read