Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2012   #21
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 126444 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do the Texans get national respect now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Who cares anyway?
Old 11-12-2012   #22
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
So you heard Michael Irvins comments on Gameday Final to?
Irvin's the worst I've ever seen or heard when it comes to sports. I wonder if the dude's drunk or high every Sunday night with the rambling he does. Heck, even his BFF, Sanders, seems like he'd rather him STFU. You'd think the NFLN folks would see how stupid this guy is. He's ruining my favorite channel!
Old 11-12-2012   #23
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Irvin's the worst I've ever seen or heard when it comes to sports. I wonder if the dude's drunk or high every Sunday night with the rambling he does. Heck, even his BFF, Sanders, seems like he'd rather him STFU. You'd think the NFLN folks would see how stupid this guy is. He's ruining my favorite channel!
He was messed up last night, for sure.

I switched it over there after the game...and he was incoherent sometimes. Red eyes, glazed over, the rest of the crew was having a hard time stomaching him at all. At least it looked like it.

Yeah, dude is bizarre IMO. I hope he's living off the interest, because seriously he can't last much longer like that.

Marshall Faulk was having to intervene with him last night, save Irvin from himself. It was awkward.
Old 11-12-2012   #24
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ Watt and Arian Foster have been representing the Texans well on the national scene. I'm not sure what other perceived respect is required by downtrodden Texan fan, but I have not seen anyone really disrespecting the 2012 Texans.

You earn respect in this league. Now, if you are talking press coverage, then be a circus like the Jets. But coverage =/= respect, so don't get the two confused.

I like having a low profile 'lunch box' team. They all subscribe to the "just a game" mentality after they win and they play one game at a time without looking ahead and hyping themselves with b.s.
Old 11-12-2012   #25
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 246310 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yep. I can't stand watching NFLN on Sunday nights now because of that Irvin jackass. He's a complete ****ing idiot. Since I don't watch ESPN, I guess I'm getting all my commentary from here now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #26
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 280296 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
So you heard Michael Irvins comments on Gameday Final to?
How about a more credible Cris Carter's assessment on ESPN:
Quote:
The Houston Texans can run the ball ... on anybody. They were committed to their run and they executed their run. They have a very good offensive line ... and they're not like a lot of other teams if you can check them out of the run in the first or second quarter they're going to stop running the football.

I think that Matt Schaub is a good quarterback.

I like that they took the national stage after stinking it up against Green Bay. This is their second time on the national stage Sunday night and they took advantage of it ... regardless what the elements were they went to Chicago in a tough situation and they won that football game. They created 4 turnovers, doubled the turnovers of Bear's -- to me, that's a major accomplishment. Being 8-1 is major.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #27
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40389 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Who cares?

2. Yes, they have the respect of the national media. One thing to remember, not everybody is going to agree with everything with you or me as Texans fans.

3. For all you whiners who turned the game day thread into a Collinsworth b1tch fest, here's a link to a Bears forum thread doing what? You guessed it - bitching about Collinsworth. When a broadcaster tries to even remotely be unbiased, he will usually piss off idiot fans from both sides.

http://dabears.com/showthread.php?45...s-Collinsworth
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #28
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes

wont get any respect until matt schaub actually plays a playoff game and texans at least make the afc title game.

what have you accomplished being 8-1?

texans fans are so desperate to get respect the texans havent earned.
DaTruthExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #29
DaTruthExplodes
Anti-Homer

Rep Power: 0 DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes DaTruthExplodes

we would have lost that game if cutler continued playing.
DaTruthExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #30
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont really think we will get respect till we get at least 5 lombardi tropys just saying
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #31
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Hurry! Somebody call a Waaaahbulance!!!
Old 11-12-2012   #32
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Well, the cat picked us to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #33
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this a freaking joke or for real? How can anyone start a thread like this legitimately at this point? When multiple media outlets have you marked down as the AFC team in the super bowl. You have their respect. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb thread. That is all
Old 11-12-2012   #34
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1114 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

I definitely think we are getting respect. I live in DFW and every game minus the first JAX game has been on tv. This includes playing the game against the Cowboys game when we played Baltimore. This has never happened.

Also, we are now getting the horribly produced Fox Sports Texans Huddle up here.

To step aside from the OP assertion, is "the Texans are the most well rounded team" compliment equivalent to "he has a great personality".

Something irks me about this compliment.
grinch1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #35
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

even if the texans win the superbowl they will probably talk about how x team blew it and then go on about the cowboys and jets lol
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #36
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we're getting tons of respect, but they still aren't going to do a bunch of stories about us because we have a bunch character on our team and not a bunch of characters.

Case in point: While the Texans got some good coverage this week, the biggest story was the Dallas vs. Phili game. With two of the most overrated QBs in the business leading the way for two hot seat coaches, it was easier to develop a story about them. I mean really, what's the most contriversial thing about the Texans - OD's unknown TD dance and Barwin's changing hair styles.

Has anyone noticed that Barwin is playing better now that his hair has grown out a bit?

Get used to it y'all, we're just boring (and I kinda like it that way).
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #37
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

OMG, who cares what anyone thinks?
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #38
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Has anyone noticed that Barwin is playing better now that his hair has grown out a bit?
I told you he had the Samson thing goin'. Proof's in tha puddin'.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #39
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in the "Who Cares" camp as well... BUT!

I can't wait to hear Collin Cowherd's top 10 tomorrow. For some reason, he hates the Texans so much, that I'm addicted to hear what bad he has to say about our team every week. Just this last week he had us ranked #6! Yes, I said S-I-X! His top 5 were:

1) Bears - who has never beat a team with a winning record this season
2) Steelers - yes, the team with 3 losses (two of them against the Titans & Raiders)
3) Patriots - yes, the team with 3 losses (one against the Cardinals)
4) Giants - yes, another team with 3 losses (not including this past sunday's killing)
5) Falcons - ok, i can understand them being ahead

He punished us for not beating the Bills by more. Come on... who does that? Tied for the best record in the league, we beat his precious previous #1 ranked team... I can't wait to hear his reasoning why we're still not #1 on his list.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #40
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

I really am surprised. I mean sure the media quit sucking up to us after that beat down we received from Green Bay, but they have been giving us major props all year. All the networks have been hyping us since the start of the season as Super Bowl contenders, Watt is getting called the DPOY by essentially everyone, Foster gets praised weekly by players and pundits alike, etc.

I just don't see anything to complain about even with Collinsworth's blatant homerism last night.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read